ImageImageImageImage

Who is Paolo Banchero?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,775

Re: Who is Paolo Banchero? 

Post#281 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:36 am

Paolo showing his on ball duties should continue to grow. The ball in his hands surrounded by good shooters will be a hell of an offense going forward.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,363

Post#282 » by eyriq » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:39 am

Read on Twitter
?t=eBZew8Qf0uRs5MkKG4Qagw&s=19
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,491

Post#283 » by Bensational » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:43 am

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=eBZew8Qf0uRs5MkKG4Qagw&s=19

But how many of them did it against the defending champs with half the team out?

Only one.

(I haven’t fact checked that)
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,027

Post#284 » by fendilim » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:44 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Paolo showing his on ball duties should continue to grow. The ball in his hands surrounded by good shooters will be a hell of an offense going forward.

Good thing we have Suggs :)
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,363

Post#285 » by eyriq » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:53 am

Read on Twitter
?t=Y3BrDMmBHFmmA2zfE1WvJw&s=19
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,371

Post#286 » by tooler » Sat Jan 6, 2024 4:59 am

Hah that Duke connection. Talk him up! The team simply needs to keep winning to ensure he gets a slot.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,214

Post#287 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:01 am

Remember when he had a tough start to the season and people were down lmao
aka: prorl
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,685

Post#288 » by Rainwater » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:09 am

Still him
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,923

Post#289 » by JF5 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:14 am

Optimus_Steel wrote:Remember when he had a tough start to the season and people were down lmao

Who knew rhat letting things play out with players would come with such results, lmao.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,769

Post#290 » by SOUL » Sat Jan 6, 2024 6:37 am

One of my favorite highlight vids/mixes of Paolo
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#291 » by KillMonger » Sat Jan 6, 2024 8:17 am

dude has been awfully quiet lately
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,498

Post#292 » by ibraheim718 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:34 pm

Mack truck with a bugatti engine under the hood.
djguevara114
Junior
And1: 95

Post#293 » by djguevara114 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 5:40 pm

KillMonger wrote:dude has been awfully quiet lately

Guess you gotta be more active in all the threads… I’ve given him the props and respect—again, I have said all along I will happily accept being wrong…
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,088

Post#294 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 6, 2024 6:58 pm

djguevara114 wrote:

Guess you gotta be more active in all the threads… I’ve given him the props and respect—again, I have said all along I will happily accept being wrong…

I don’t question your fandom, but it’s a pretty good lesson in “be careful what kind of karmic threads you want to start”.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,535

Post#295 » by Furinkazan » Sat Jan 6, 2024 7:40 pm

I ve sinned against You....

MVP MVP....
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,661

Post#296 » by Skybox » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:18 pm

So how much better will he realistically get?

It's really just a matter of refinement and wisdom...He's so far ahead of where any kid should be at his age and experience. The triple double is what his highest calling is, IMO. I'd rather see 25 with 10 assists than 43 pts. I'd like to just sprinkle some Joe Ingles on him...crafty defender, smart with his energy (like Kobe), better but not necessarily higher volume from 3, fine tune the court vision that he's already showing.

FO, don't take this for granted. Surround him with backcourt shooters. He CAN grab a rebound and head the other way like a PG, but he shouldn't HAVE TO every time. Get two guards that can handle just enough, create just enough, and defend and shoot reliably (looking like Suggs is one of them). Let him do as much as he wants but don't continue to field a team that counts on him and Franz to do everything every play every night.
djguevara114
Junior
And1: 95

Post#297 » by djguevara114 » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:32 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
djguevara114 wrote:

I don’t question your fandom, but it’s a pretty good lesson in “be careful what kind of karmic threads you want to start”.

Not one lesson learned… Wouldn’t change anything I’ve said or posted… I saw a ton of things that concerned me, still wish he’d try dunking more instead of soft layups—he would get the calls he complains about. But the Sacramento game convinced me….
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,088

Post#298 » by MagicMatic » Sat Jan 6, 2024 10:54 pm

djguevara114 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
djguevara114 wrote:

Not one lesson learned… Wouldn’t change anything I’ve said or posted… I saw a ton of things that concerned me, still wish he’d try dunking more instead of soft layups—he would get the calls he complains about. But the Sacramento game convinced me….

Guy is in his second season coming off a rookie of the year win. He’s in some rare company considering his age and trajectory. It’s the same knee jerk stuff people said about Suggs after year 1.

I mean… context buddy.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,491

Post#299 » by Bensational » Sun Jan 7, 2024 12:52 am

Skybox wrote:So how much better will he realistically get?

It's really just a matter of refinement and wisdom...He's so far ahead of where any kid should be at his age and experience. The triple double is what his highest calling is, IMO. I'd rather see 25 with 10 assists than 43 pts. I'd like to just sprinkle some Joe Ingles on him...crafty defender, smart with his energy (like Kobe), better but not necessarily higher volume from 3, fine tune the court vision that he's already showing.

FO, don't take this for granted. Surround him with backcourt shooters. He CAN grab a rebound and head the other way like a PG, but he shouldn't HAVE TO every time. Get two guards that can handle just enough, create just enough, and defend and shoot reliably (looking like Suggs is one of them). Let him do as much as he wants but don't continue to field a team that counts on him and Franz to do everything every play every night.

I can’t tell if it was Moe or the Denver defense, but Paolo was using screens and short rolls and getting the ball out to the perimeter in a way I haven’t seen him do before.

Are Goga and WCJ just not as good at setting screens and rolling into space with passing lanes, or does Paolo just not trust them as much as he trusted Moe/Suggs/Cole/Houstan?
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,661

Post#300 » by Skybox » Sun Jan 7, 2024 3:26 am

Bensational wrote:
Skybox wrote:So how much better will he realistically get?

I can’t tell if it was Moe or the Denver defense, but Paolo was using screens and short rolls and getting the ball out to the perimeter in a way I haven’t seen him do before.

Are Goga and WCJ just not as good at setting screens and rolling into space with passing lanes, or does Paolo just not trust them as much as he trusted Moe/Suggs/Cole/Houstan?

Certainly not ready to tear it all down after a great game, but Mo Wagner is the opposite of what I THINK we need at C...But, there's no denying his offensive chemistry with Franz is on a high level. They way they PnR, find each other, lob over the top, etc is obvious. If you're seeing some of the same with Paolo it just creates interesting questions about lineups, strengths & weaknesses, fascinating stuff, IMO...and then, the other end of the floor.

We've got Paolo, we've got Franz...everything else is in the lab, as far as I'm concerned, to test how they react with those two. How "good" a player is is somewhat irrelevant (which is the WCJ issue, he's really good) vs. how good they are with P&F. That will extend to the coaching staff too, hopefully Mose can figure out the best usage of P&F without running them into the ground and, at the same time, scheme defensively to cover for them or at least get them a little break here and there.

Return to Orlando Magic