ImageImageImageImage

Jett Howard assigned to G-League

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Re: Jett Howard assigned to G-League 

Post#501 » by tiderulz » Wed Apr 3, 2024 10:39 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:It would be less strange or probable if same outcom didn't repeat itself 3 times (years ) in a row.

it would be also less strange if Jett Howard and Caleb Houstan aren't pretty much copy past same players with same skillsets and same obvious weaknesses ( unathletic, tweeners , same height , poor rebounding, mediocre defenders ).

My main question to Weltman would be as a reporter…

“So Jeff, are there any 6’8+ Forwards from Michigan that you like this year? You’ve drafted one 3 seasons in a row.”

Franz- 2021
Caleb- 2022
Jett- 2023

Knightro wrote:I don’t believe it’s pure coincidence, but it has nothing to do with ownership.

It’s purely a Weltman thing. Clearly he feels/felt like he found something within that Michigan program.

I am not sorry.

It's foregone conclusion now that something is up here. Like it or not. I have listened to Juwan Howards speeches, and its almost copy paste from Mosely. They are building a culture that is very similar to ours using similar language. All the other ties may or may not be coincidence.

well, with Howard out, they "were" building a culture. but at the end of the day, you have to win
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#502 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 11:49 pm

I’m so confused, whether some of you think it is a conspiracy or not, is it wrong to have this many players from one school? Is it against the CBA, their owners bylaws or something?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#503 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:51 am

If Jett was any good, he would be playing over Trevelin Queen or Caleb. I reckon the Magic intend to hope that he learns something playing in the Defenseless league. I just hope he gets traded as I feel if someone is bad enough to not warrant a roster spot, then I don't see any reason to pay someone $5 mil to play on the JV team. That $5 mil could definitely better utilized elsewhere.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,693

Post#504 » by SOUL » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:11 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:If Jett was any good, he would be playing over Trevelin Queen or Caleb. I reckon the Magic intend to hope that he learns something playing in the Defenseless league. I just hope he gets traded as I feel if someone is bad enough to not warrant a roster spot, then I don't see any reason to pay someone $5 mil to play on the JV team. That $5 mil could definitely better utilized elsewhere.

What happened to Jett proving you wrong??!
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,196

Post#505 » by cedric76 » Thu Apr 4, 2024 5:20 am

SOUL wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:If Jett was any good, he would be playing over Trevelin Queen or Caleb. I reckon the Magic intend to hope that he learns something playing in the Defenseless league. I just hope he gets traded as I feel if someone is bad enough to not warrant a roster spot, then I don't see any reason to pay someone $5 mil to play on the JV team. That $5 mil could definitely better utilized elsewhere.

I Ve never seen so many impatient people, Jett will be part of the rotation next season and gonna start many games
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#506 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:44 pm

tiderulz wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
My main question to Weltman would be as a reporter…

“So Jeff, are there any 6’8+ Forwards from Michigan that you like this year? You’ve drafted one 3 seasons in a row.”

Franz- 2021
Caleb- 2022
Jett- 2023

Knightro wrote:I don’t believe it’s pure coincidence, but it has nothing to do with ownership.

It’s purely a Weltman thing. Clearly he feels/felt like he found something within that Michigan program.

I am not sorry.

It's foregone conclusion now that something is up here. Like it or not. I have listened to Juwan Howards speeches, and its almost copy paste from Mosely. They are building a culture that is very similar to ours using similar language. All the other ties may or may not be coincidence.

well, with Howard out, they "were" building a culture. but at the end of the day, you have to win

Tider, I have grown more comical in my age. Not taking the game or the arguments as seriously as I used too.

I honestly wish I would have caught him being fired, it would have been the french kiss of the meme at the end.

It does beg the question on what does Michigan do from here. I to be fair do not understand why the fired him so early as the team itself was not very well recruited. Maybe that is a coaches fault, maybe that is the college. Either way, its too early to start the Juwan Howard as the next Orlando Magic coach now that Mosby has been reupped.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#507 » by tiderulz » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:49 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:

I am not sorry.

Tider, I have grown more comical in my age. Not taking the game or the arguments as seriously as I used too.

I honestly wish I would have caught him being fired, it would have been the french kiss of the meme at the end.

It does beg the question on what does Michigan do from here. I to be fair do not understand why the fired him so early as the team itself was not very well recruited. Maybe that is a coaches fault, maybe that is the college. Either way, its too early to start the Juwan Howard as the next Orlando Magic coach now that Mosby has been reupped.

well, if they were not well recruited, that absolutely falls on the coach. And they have been in a 3 year slide getting worse each year. And then fighting with the asst coach of another team and getting suspended the rest of the year. And no way should he be even considered as a Magic coaching candidate.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#508 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Apr 4, 2024 12:53 pm

tiderulz wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
tiderulz wrote:well, with Howard out, they "were" building a culture. but at the end of the day, you have to win

well, if they were not well recruited, that absolutely falls on the coach. And they have been in a 3 year slide getting worse each year. And then fighting with the asst coach of another team and getting suspended the rest of the year. And no way should he be even considered as a Magic coaching candidate.

Are we the same two people that considered drafting someone who was a possible accomplice to alleged attempted murder?

C'mon Tider where is your mean streak? (You do realize this is satire from me right?)
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#509 » by BadMofoPimp » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:52 am

SOUL wrote:

Don't have faith in a player who cannot beat out Trevelin Queen for a roster spot.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,518

Post#510 » by jezzerinho » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:46 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Don't have faith in a player who cannot beat out Trevelin Queen for a roster spot.

Of course Jett can beat out Queen for a spot. (And Queen is decent for a deep bench guy, btw).

Jett has logged, between Osceola & Orl, almost 1000 minutes of gametime. He's also getting coaching at Osceola and Orlando that he just wouldnt get as a deep bench guy. The FO have decided, rightly or wrongly, that he'll develop better if given lots of minutes and individual coaching at Osceola than if given a few deep bench minutes and less personal attention with Orlando.

They obviously felt AB needed different treatment.And when you look at how thats gone, in terms of him struggling to push past Fultz, Harris, Houstan and Cole for minutes, Jett is probably in a pretty good spot.

Orlando is one of the deepest teams in the league. Teams with superstars or 2 stars dont habe the money to be this deep, so its a rare occurance to have a good, young, deep team who's pushing into the postseason.

There just arent enough minutes to properly develop Jett or AB yet. So Jett making use of Osceola to get reps isnt some damnimg indictment, its a reflection of the weird situation Orl is in - very young, very deep roster, very good.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,168

Post#511 » by zaymon » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:00 pm

jezzerinho wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Of course Jett can beat out Queen for a spot. (And Queen is decent for a deep bench guy, btw).

Jett has logged, between Osceola & Orl, almost 1000 minutes of gametime. He's also getting coaching at Osceola and Orlando that he just wouldnt get as a deep bench guy. The FO have decided, rightly or wrongly, that he'll develop better if given lots of minutes and individual coaching at Osceola than if given a few deep bench minutes and less personal attention with Orlando.

They obviously felt AB needed different treatment.And when you look at how thats gone, in terms of him struggling to push past Fultz, Harris, Houstan and Cole for minutes, Jett is probably in a pretty good spot.

Orlando is one of the deepest teams in the league. Teams with superstars or 2 stars dont habe the money to be this deep, so its a rare occurance to have a good, young, deep team who's pushing into the postseason.

There just arent enough minutes to properly develop Jett or AB yet. So Jett making use of Osceola to get reps isnt some damnimg indictment, its a reflection of the weird situation Orl is in - very young, very deep roster, very good.

You could argue Howard had better situation to develop this year than Black.
Look at Holmgren who had a gap year, its not necessarily a lost year even when you are injured.
Treating Jett like a bust right now is funny.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,518

Post#512 » by jezzerinho » Fri Apr 5, 2024 12:04 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
SOUL wrote:

JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#513 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 5, 2024 1:04 pm

jezzerinho wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Going back to Jett. I think G-League was just the plan and we stuck to it. Period.

Similarly, AB was deep bench DNP-CD. We just got a glimpse of him early on because Fultz + Harris are made of paper mache.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,093

Post#514 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:49 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Going back to Jett. I think G-League was just the plan and we stuck to it. Period.

Similarly, AB was deep bench DNP-CD. We just got a glimpse of him early on because Fultz + Harris are made of paper mache.

Agreed. this was not a reaction to his perceived talent.... it really is as simple as.... we are trying to win now and we have set ourselves up with a deep and strong team. Here we are sitting 4th in the east. And that is riding off of the growth of the previous members of the team.... especially Paolo and Franz. There is no hidden agenda.... or theories needed. Probably shook his hand as he hopped off the plane from the draft. "You know you're not playing this season... right? " lol
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,738

Post#515 » by basketballRob » Fri Apr 5, 2024 6:52 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Skybox wrote:I’m trying to figure out how drafting Caleb Houstan advanced anyone’s political agenda…I guess I am naive

Who says it’s political?

It could be as easy as ..

“Do we want Andrew Nembhard(31), Caleb Houstan(32), or Jaden Hardy(37) when we pick? How’s the big board looking?”

“Pick the guy from Michigan that was ranked high out of high school. We know ownership will like that.”

Why is this a stretch to people?

That’s about as far as the “conspiracy” goes. They looked at Jett and Gradey and said… **** it… we know we need exactly this guys skillset but this guy is taller, more of a project, and from Michigan. So is anyone saying it is the main factor? No. But it is A factor. People are being dense if they believe otherwise.

Why may you ask? Because there is no real reason you come out of that draft and think Jett is the better pick according to nearly every single scout and evaluator for years leading up to the day of the draft. Is that going to ring true long term? Who knows. The fact remains that it was a stretch of a pick and people thought it was weird.
I've heard we gave Caleb a promise.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,306

Post#516 » by eyriq » Fri Apr 5, 2024 7:12 pm

I wonder, is Jett Howard's G-League performance promising? He definitely wasn't the best player on Osceola. He was mostly in a second/third option role. 19/4/2 on 45/38/81 splits. 9 threes a game. Last in +/-.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,007

Post#517 » by p0peye » Fri Apr 5, 2024 9:20 pm

Rationalization threads should get more love.

Return to Orlando Magic