ImageImageImageImage

Summer 2024 Free Agents

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Re: Summer 2024 Free Agents 

Post#21 » by Skybox » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:59 am

jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:we'd still have Goga in limbo as an UFA, probably getting quite a few calls. If he could be extended quickly and under $10m - I'd do it before he even hits the market. He made less than $2m this year and earned a LOT more. Assuming his demands are higher than MLE, I have to think we look to the market before we commit to Goga. Some might even let Ingles go - I wouldn't.

Unfortunately Goga can’t be extended because his contract is only two years, has to be at least three year contract to be extendable.

yeah...wrong word... he will be hanging out there for sure.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,344

Post#22 » by eyriq » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:02 am

Claxton or bust
tooler
General Manager
And1: 5,370

Post#23 » by tooler » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:19 am

I'm opposed to Claxton because I won't want to hear this forum whining about his missed free throws.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Post#24 » by Skybox » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:22 am

eyriq wrote:Claxton or bust

He'd be an amazing fit. I'm just worried that he's looking for $20m like Jarrett Allen and Poeltl...I think that's a bad idea for a Center, but I don't know. I don't want to go on a spending spree without finding that great scoring guard. Maybe $20 isn't that much really...I wouldn't hesitate for a sec to pay the right young guard $25 (that's what Simons gets, Quickley probably will)....freakin' Hield gets $24, but he'll probably take a well-deserved haircut.

Maybe I'm being a cheapskate...I'm sure BRK will want him back and he's a good fit with those wings that can shoot.

My ideal summer is trade WCJ, Harris, ORL pick, DEN pick for Simons (trade deadline)

and then sign Claxton as a free agent

...if Isaac is just not happening, I'd love to sign Kyle Anderson with his money for a 1/1

Simons, Black
Suggs, Cole, Jett
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Slo-Mo
Claxton, Mo
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,344

Post#25 » by eyriq » Tue Jan 9, 2024 2:33 am

Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:Claxton or bust

He'd be an amazing fit. I'm just worried that he's looking for $20m like Jarrett Allen and Poeltl...I think that's a bad idea for a Center, but I don't know. I don't want to go on a spending spree without finding that great scoring guard. Maybe $20 isn't that much really...I wouldn't hesitate for a sec to pay the right young guard $25 (that's what Simons gets, Quickley probably will)....freakin' Hield gets $24, but he'll probably take a well-deserved haircut.

Maybe I'm being a cheapskate...I'm sure BRK will want him back and he's a good fit with those wings that can shoot.

My ideal summer is trade WCJ, Harris, ORL pick, DEN pick for Simons (trade deadline)

and then sign Claxton as a free agent

...if Isaac is just not happening, I'd love to sign Kyle Anderson with his money for a 1/1

Simons, Black
Suggs, Cole, Jett
Franz, Houstan
Paolo, Slo-Mo
Claxton, Mo
I like it. I'm less interested in a guard because of Black and Suggs but I get it
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,552

Post#26 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:25 am

I dont know **** about cap space, do we have enough room for Monk and Claxton???

Though I have to say, I am against cutting Isaac. Only way I release him from his contract is if he wants a new longer deal at a smaller amount. I know that sounds crazy, but when he plays, he is a game changer. And with Paolo at the 4, we dont need him to play starter minutes. But having a player like that off the bench will be huge for playoffs. You can replace him for regular season since hes like the 7th or 8th guy.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ

Return to Orlando Magic