ImageImageImageImage

poll: who / what gets traded

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

poll: who / what gets traded

F-Wagner and/or Banchero
No votes
Fultz
21%
Anthony and/or Black
2%
G-Harris and/or Isaac
15%
Suggs
2%
Houstan and/or Howard
5%
2nd round pick(s) and/or Okeke
25%
1st round pick(s)
15%
Bitadze and/or M-Wagner and/or Ingles
6%
Carter
10%

Total votes: 126

MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Re: poll: who / what gets traded 

Post#21 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:23 pm

Harris + Goga for Kennard

Fultz + 2nds for Tyus

Okeke for 2nds

Tyus/Black
Suggs/Kennard/Cole
Franz/Ingles/Jett
Paolo/Isaac
WCJ/Wagner
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 665

Post#22 » by RichCollab » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:29 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Harris + Goga for Kennard

Fultz + 2nds for Tyus

Okeke for 2nds

Tyus/Black
Suggs/Kennard/Cole
Franz/Ingles/Jett
Paolo/Isaac
WCJ/Wagner

Okeke is fine for 15 man? Just dumping him? Just because?
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#23 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Feb 6, 2024 1:32 pm

RichCollab wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Harris + Goga for Kennard

Fultz + 2nds for Tyus

Okeke for 2nds

Tyus/Black
Suggs/Kennard/Cole
Franz/Ingles/Jett
Paolo/Isaac
WCJ/Wagner

Okeke is fine for 15 man? Just dumping him? Just because?

He’s an expiring if I can get my 2nds back from Tyus move I’ll take it.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,638

Post#24 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:18 pm

Isaac looks absolutely amazing - but there's got to be a part of our brains that remembers how "done" he seemed and that selling high right now, while he's ambulatory, is the most obvious thing in the world. If I'm a contender, I take the chance on him. He's the kind of guy that could push a team over the top AND his deal isn't guaranteed next season.

I'm not sure how I'd vote...but it would be ridiculous homer glasses to not consider the big picture with JI.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,290

Post#25 » by eyriq » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:20 pm

Skybox wrote:Isaac looks absolutely amazing - but there's got to be a part of our brains that remembers how "done" he seemed and that selling high right now, while he's ambulatory, is the most obvious thing in the world. If I'm a contender, I take the chance on him. He's the kind of guy that could push a team over the top AND his deal isn't guaranteed next season.

I'm not sure how I'd vote...but it would be ridiculous homer glasses to not consider the big picture with JI.
I actually agree with this. He feels like a sell high candidate if there ever was one.

If he stays healthy though... The level of regret will be immense.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 665

Post#26 » by RichCollab » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:24 pm

eyriq wrote:
Skybox wrote:Isaac looks absolutely amazing - but there's got to be a part of our brains that remembers how "done" he seemed and that selling high right now, while he's ambulatory, is the most obvious thing in the world. If I'm a contender, I take the chance on him. He's the kind of guy that could push a team over the top AND his deal isn't guaranteed next season.

I actually agree with this. He feels like a sell high candidate if there ever was one.

If he stays healthy though... The level of regret will be immense.

I don’t think the return will be great. Other teams are aware of his injuries.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#27 » by fendilim » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:35 pm

Honestly I dont see us moving Wcj/goga/ji or moe.

Unless we get a big or two. The frontline was quite thin in one instance this season forcing P5 to play the 5.

I think Okeke gets moved. He gets an opportunity to revive and extend his career.
89Magicfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 489

Post#28 » by 89Magicfan » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:36 pm

Anyone but Paolo/Franz should be available for the right player.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,421

Post#29 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Feb 6, 2024 3:47 pm

Trading JI makes no sense, because his oncourt value significantly exceeds his trade value. Until he shows he can stay healthy for 18-24 months & play 20 mpg, you wont get anything back that compares to his impact.
Even if he gets injured again 1 day after the deadline, it was still worth the risk to keep him, because you gave yourself the chance to keep a high impact/differencemaker without giving up assets. Something you probably wont get for anything realistic you trade him for.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 967

Post#30 » by Residual-Heat » Tue Feb 6, 2024 4:02 pm

he still doesnt have much value. Its probably not worth it to trade him.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,022

Post#31 » by MagicMatic » Tue Feb 6, 2024 5:14 pm

Nobody is giving us anything substantial for JI. Not happening.

The offers that do come in will not be close to meeting his replacement value. He's by far the most difficult asset to move given the circumstances.

He'd likely just expire.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#32 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:08 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Nobody is giving us anything substantial for JI. Not happening.

The offers that do come in will not be close to meeting his replacement value. He's by far the most difficult asset to move given the circumstances.

He'd likely just expire.

Probably not -just speculating. You know the day after he goes down in a heap - we'll look back like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I'm leaning towards keeping him - he's an amazingly impactful player, but just a thing to kick around.

We don't know what the return could be...an all-in NOW move from a GSW, for example, could make some sense (for them at least). What if the return included one or two of their youth movement? Podzmieski and Moody (along with expiring CP3) for example?

I'd do this ...I don't know if GSW would, but if they did -it COULD possibly take them back to serious contention...and they're kind of dead in the water right now with their stars aging out ...

ORL sends: Isaac, Fultz, Okeke
GSW sends: CP3, Podzmieski, Trayce Jackson-Davis
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,022

Post#33 » by MagicMatic » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:10 pm

Skybox wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Nobody is giving us anything substantial for JI. Not happening.

He'd likely just expire.

Probably not -just speculating. You know the day after he goes down in a heap - we'll look back like it was the most obvious thing in the world. I'm leaning towards keeping him - he's an amazingly impactful player, but just a thing to kick around.

We don't know what the return could be...an all-in NOW move from a GSW, for example, could make some sense (for them at least). What if the return included one or two of their youth movement? Podzmieski and Moody (along with expiring CP3) for example?

I'd do this ...I don't know if GSW would, but if they did -it COULD possibly take them back to serious contention...and they're kind of dead in the water right now with their stars aging out ...

Podz is close to untouchable IMO. The only way they part with him is for a lotto pick or star package.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#34 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 6, 2024 6:15 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Skybox wrote:

He'd likely just expire.

Podz is close to untouchable IMO. The only way they part with him is for a lotto pick or star package.

Isaac IS a star...just a matter of rolling the dice on his availability. Podz' story is kind of like Suggs' to us...untouchable, star-value, based on not a lot of production (yet). I LOVE Podz...in my trade, I don't even care if CP3 gets a uni...I plug Podz in at PG next to Suggs in the starting lineup....Nobody scoring 7ppg is untouchable enough to lead GSW to let Steph, Klay, and Dray fade out quietly. I'm not saying Isaac would do it for them, but it's not unthinkable. I also think WCJ should be an option for them. Moody, Podz, and TJD all look like really solid role players - which is what we're in the market for...and, maybe not what GSW needs most today.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#35 » by Def Swami » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:22 pm

If anyone goes, my bet is on Harris.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#36 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Feb 6, 2024 7:38 pm

Still standing by my votes that we are at best looking to trade picks for future picks or Okeke for a future 2nd.

After watching our play the last two games, I simply do not see a deal happening. This is another "evaluation year".

Thing I hate about "evaluation year" is if we make it to the playoffs and now heaven forbid make the 2nd round. There is simply no way you break up the band. It is almost as if the more success you have, the higher the likelihood nothing will happen until our rookies are running circles around our players in crutches.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#37 » by Skin » Wed Feb 7, 2024 12:09 am

Nothing is going to happen.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Horcy
Lead Assistant
And1: 362

Post#38 » by Horcy » Wed Feb 7, 2024 4:32 pm

THIS. I agree with Skin. Nothing's gonna happen folks.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,659

Post#39 » by SOUL » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:09 am

I think we're getting a guard for sure, what quality not so sure.

Maybe they surprise us and go for a bigger named player that's available, but guessing on a Tyus-Schroeder-Russell level.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#40 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Feb 8, 2024 1:29 pm

SOUL wrote:I think we're getting a guard for sure, what quality not so sure.

Maybe they surprise us and go for a bigger named player that's available, but guessing on a Tyus-Schroeder-Russell level.

Hoping for a lower level. In theory it doesn't take much to upgrade over Fultz / Black right now.

Return to Orlando Magic