ImageImageImageImage

Pick your UFA target(s)...

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,888

Re: Pick your UFA target(s)... 

Post#81 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:02 pm

I think Grayson Allen would be an ideal fit. Legit sharpshooter (can pencil him in for 40% behind the arc) and he's not an elite defender, but he is a solid defender. If Suggs keeps shooting like he is this year, that is a good sized back court with good shooting and solid size. You also would have plenty of versatility with the starting lineup because Grayson isnt just some strict off ball guy, he can excel there but he can also facilitate some as well. Then either get a legit offensive 5 and really have a nice spread out offense. Or get a guy that can defend his ass off and eat up boards (Claxton).

Suggs
Grayson
Franz
Paolo
Claxton

Starting 5 with a solid bench is a pretty damn good team moving forward. The great thing about adding guys like Grayson and Claxton to the starting 5 is, they would be clear upgrades without affecting the USG of the young core.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,516

Post#82 » by eyriq » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:10 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I think Grayson Allen would be an ideal fit. Legit sharpshooter (can pencil him in for 40% behind the arc) and he's not an elite defender, but he is a solid defender. If Suggs keeps shooting like he is this year, that is a good sized back court with good shooting and solid size. You also would have plenty of versatility with the starting lineup because Grayson isnt just some strict off ball guy, he can excel there but he can also facilitate some as well. Then either get a legit offensive 5 and really have a nice spread out offense. Or get a guy that can defend his ass off and eat up boards (Claxton).

Suggs
Grayson
Franz
Paolo
Claxton

Starting 5 with a solid bench is a pretty damn good team moving forward. The great thing about adding guys like Grayson and Claxton to the starting 5 is, they would be clear upgrades without affecting the USG of the young core.
AB is starting next season (willing this into existence)
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,715

Post#83 » by Knightro » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:43 pm

I think Monk could be a potential target depending on how much they believe his playmaking translates into a starting role.

He's averaging 9.8 AST/100, which ranks 17th in the entire NBA and 13th among guards. Like that's legit point guard production.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#84 » by zaymon » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:44 pm

I would pay Hartenstein to be our starter, maybe he prefers that instead of Knicks reserve.
If we cant get any star i would think about Tyus Jones.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#85 » by CocoaFan » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:10 pm

The one thing I don't think any of us has considered is whether Magic ownership will pony up for additional FA's. They know they're going to have to pay Franz, Suggs and Paolo big money and not sure they will shell out $18-$20M for someone like Monk? They may be on the develop what we've got train.
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 703

Post#86 » by RichCollab » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:21 pm

CocoaFan wrote:The one thing I don't think any of us has considered is whether Magic ownership will pony up for additional FA's. They know they're going to have to pay Franz, Suggs and Paolo big money and not sure they will shell out $18-$20M for someone like Monk? They may be on the develop what we've got train.

They have to be willing to add someone of Monk’s caliber. Moving on from Harris and Fultz should open up space to pay Monk and pay for most of Suggs money.

Black is 2 seasons out and may never be a good shooter. Give me Monk now and maybe move Cole out when Black is fully ready.
RichCollab
Starter

Post#87 » by RichCollab » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:36 pm

Monk / Black
Suggs / Cole
Franz / Ingles
Paolo / JI
WCJ / Mo Wagner

Jett gets minutes when Black, Cole, or Ingles is out.
Goga gets minutes when WCJ or Mo Wagner is out.

Caleb will have to work hard to get any minutes.

Ingles maybe last 1 more season? Black can displace Monk over the next 2 seasons with Monk sliding into a 6th man role.

I’m staying with our centers 2 more seasons. Can WCJ stay healthy? Can JI Stay healthy? Can Goga start hitting shots away from the basket? Goga was drafted as a shooting big.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,374

Post#88 » by pepe1991 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 7:59 am

If you have no clue what to do with Howard in year two and he is not even in rotation, trade him on first day of free agency because you just devalue him.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#89 » by CocoaFan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:15 pm

RichCollab wrote:Monk / Black
Suggs / Cole
Franz / Ingles
Paolo / JI
WCJ / Mo Wagner

Jett gets minutes when Black, Cole, or Ingles is out.
Goga gets minutes when WCJ or Mo Wagner is out.

Caleb will have to work hard to get any minutes.

Ingles maybe last 1 more season? Black can displace Monk over the next 2 seasons with Monk sliding into a 6th man role.

I’m staying with our centers 2 more seasons. Can WCJ stay healthy? Can JI Stay healthy? Can Goga start hitting shots away from the basket? Goga was drafted as a shooting big.
I think that lineup is the best we can hope for. I wouldn't mind too much if they didn't exericse Ingles option and gave those minutes to Jett.
Furinkazan
General Manager
And1: 3,536

Post#90 » by Furinkazan » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:33 pm

theres nobody to pick from thats why Im pissed we didnt make a trade instead...
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,096

Post#91 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Feb 17, 2024 10:39 pm

Decline Ingles option (id love to see him stay though, could we sign him to vet minimum if we decline his option?)
Trade WCJ to a team with cap space for a pick.
Dump Cole+2nds to a team with capspace.
Sign Monk and Claxton.

Let Black fill Ingles role, Howard fill Cole's role.

Monk/Black
Suggs/Howard
Franz/Caleb
Paolo/Isaac
Claxton/Mo

Defense could be special. Imagine a defensive line up of Suggs-Black-Franz-Isaac-Claxton :lol:
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,225

Post#92 » by cedric76 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:42 am

I don't get the Claxton love over Wcj, no spacing, poor ft shooter
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
RichCollab
Starter

Post#93 » by RichCollab » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:20 pm

Conley has signed an extension. He was a solid vet PG. Hoping we can still get a shot at Monk.
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 830

Post#94 » by fateis007 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:40 pm

I loved Monks game coming out of college. I was actually hoping we would pick him over JI. (and I was right if were talking health)

Really depends if money talks for him. I am sure he likes playing in Sacremento with Fox, they are best friends I have read ( easy to see how). So the question is will they pony up or give him a 10 mill a year deal like now.

In my eyes, he is a guy that could level up as a starter and not be a Jordan Poole type of player. His raw athleticism and speed is just next level.

Or he could just be the next Cole Anthony for us (needs to play as a sparkplug off the bench), But I personally would take him over Cole all day long.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,516

Post#95 » by eyriq » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:56 pm

What precedent is there for a third string rookie to get promoted to starter in his second season? On a playoff team?

I wonder if the Magic plan to promote AB next season or if their plan is to keep Fultz or sign a starter.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,096

Post#96 » by Residual-Heat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:33 pm

who is the better player Malik Monk or Anfernee Simons? Am I wrong to think Monk could be better for us?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,872

Post#97 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Delete
RichCollab
Starter

Post#98 » by RichCollab » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:00 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:who is the better player Malik Monk or Anfernee Simons? Am I wrong to think Monk could be better for us?

Monk is currently a UFA this summer. I don’t think Simon’s is.
RichCollab
Starter

Post#99 » by RichCollab » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:03 pm

eyriq wrote:What precedent is there for a third string rookie to get promoted to starter in his second season? On a playoff team?

I wonder if the Magic plan to promote AB next season or if their plan is to keep Fultz or sign a starter.

Black is really not the shooter or playmaker we need. I would prefer us picking up a seasoned player.

Black’s potential is 3rd best player on our current roster but fit with Paolo and Franz may still be a problem when he is ready.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,895

Post#100 » by RookieStar » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:18 pm

You know.. it would be helpful to know who are the UFAs availablr in the offseason..

Return to Orlando Magic