ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,044

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#261 » by fendilim » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:58 am

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:
AaronB wrote:The Magic are going to have some excellent choices.

Here's hoping "Trade out of the draft" is one of those choices. Look: Howard will be Orlando's "rookie" next year. The Magic does not need two on the roster.

p.s. I love Edey on this roster, if the Magic fails to resign Bitadze.

Yeah.. like Okeke, Jett will be the "redshirted" - kinda freshman/rookie of our team next year.

As to the pick, as much as I love Knecht, he will be out of our range so im willing to settle for a JI-understudy or a 3rd C replacement meaning very mobile bigs

I agree. I think this will get traded. We have 2 1sts next year too. Just too much youth for a playoff team, imo.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 628

Post#262 » by AaronB » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:33 am

fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:
Here's hoping "Trade out of the draft" is one of those choices. Look: Howard will be Orlando's "rookie" next year. The Magic does not need two on the roster.

Yeah.. like Okeke, Jett will be the "redshirted" - kinda freshman/rookie of our team next year.

As to the pick, as much as I love Knecht, he will be out of our range so im willing to settle for a JI-understudy or a 3rd C replacement meaning very mobile bigs

I agree. I think this will get traded. We have 2 1sts next year too. Just too much youth for a playoff team, imo.

I think that they will try to draft the Goga replacement this year.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,896

Post#263 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:35 am

AaronB wrote:
fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I think that they will try to draft the Goga replacement this year.

Same thinking. We know these kids have underdeveloped bodies to bang downlow against NBA players. So a 3rd C to develop while we fatten him up makes the most sense.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,736

Post#264 » by Skybox » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:25 am

fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:

Developing a vast farm system rather than trade for players that can help.

Everything is defensible up to this point…but this is a real team now…I could see trading both 25 picks but drafting a big this year as a financially sound move (as others have mentioned). Goga will get a better job elsewhere, but I don’t think he’ll get much $$. He’s certainly not a problem to replace if we’re rolling with WCJ (or Claxton)
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,875

Post#265 » by basketballRob » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:58 am

Delete
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#266 » by drsd » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:59 pm

AaronB wrote:I think that they will try to draft the Goga replacement this year.

If the Magic keep the pick, at about #20, Zach Edey would be a very good player as a third-string Center. He would also be an excellent practice squad guy. And a league elite bench-cheerleader.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,926

Post#267 » by thelead » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:08 pm

drsd wrote:
AaronB wrote:I think that they will try to draft the Goga replacement this year.

If the Magic keep the pick, at about #20, Zach Edey would be a very good player as a third-string Center. He would also be an excellent practice squad guy. And a league elite bench-cheerleader.

That was my second round target the last 2 years. Would love to see us draft him. He may be a bust but I’d take the gamble. His size is ridiculous. The real question is speed. If he can handle NBA speed, he can be really good. If he can’t, he’ll be a bust.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#268 » by RookieStar » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:48 pm

thelead wrote:
drsd wrote:

That was my second round target the last 2 years. Would love to see us draft him. He may be a bust but I’d take the gamble. His size is ridiculous. The real question is speed. If he can handle NBA speed, he can be really good. If he can’t, he’ll be a bust.

I think a lot of teams are gonna use their 2nd round picks for him.

I think he will get hunted on in the nba but with our team, especially Suggs and JI, can work with him to negate that.

Still, I would prefer Ivisic-something from UK or Ware as the project big.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,115

Post#269 » by KillMonger » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:58 am

RookieStar wrote:
thelead wrote:
drsd wrote:

I think a lot of teams are gonna use their 2nd round picks for him.

I think he will get hunted on in the nba but with our team, especially Suggs and JI, can work with him to negate that.

Still, I would prefer Ivisic-something from UK or Ware as the project big.
Ware or Ulrich for me at the moment, things change though if the plan is to bring goga back

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#270 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:11 am

To the Eddey train, if the plan is to get a big lumbering C to combat probably Wemby,why not target Clingan? Younger by almost 2 years, big physicall presence at 7'2 etc etc
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,517

Post#271 » by eyriq » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:21 am

It's hard to overlook how absolutely dominant Eddey is. If that ends up translating...
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#272 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:30 am

eyriq wrote:It's hard to overlook how absolutely dominant Eddey is. If that ends up translating...

Lots of bigs have that rep before being exposed in the league... Okafor, Garza, etc etc.

Unlike college, the league employs guys making millions of dollars to make sure opposing players get exposed or just negating your effectiveness.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,027

Post#273 » by drsd » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:07 am

SO: we have now spent a couple days discussing which 3rd string-center is best for a ~#20 FRP. Just trade this thing away. Orlando is not drafting for a 3rd stringer.
Petre1978
Sixth Man
And1: 373

Post#274 » by Petre1978 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:17 pm

drsd wrote:SO: we have now spent a couple days discussing which 3rd string-center is best for a ~#20 FRP. Just trade this thing away. Orlando is not drafting for a 3rd stringer.

Trade for what?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#275 » by RookieStar » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:26 pm

drsd wrote:SO: we have now spent a couple days discussing which 3rd string-center is best for a ~#20 FRP. Just trade this thing away. Orlando is not drafting for a 3rd stringer.

A 3rd string C to develop to a starting C when we trade WCJ for that missing piece for a championship
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,170

Post#276 » by MagicMatic » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:21 pm

Centers are a complete crapshoot in translating to the nba. No thanks.

Draft a position of value please in the first round if you are going to spend it at all…

You can find Centers in the second round that end up being better a lot of the time than lotto guys because they just don’t pan out as evenly as wings and guards.
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#277 » by Petre1978 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

MagicMatic wrote:Centers are a complete crapshoot in translating to the nba. No thanks.

Draft a position of value please in the first round if you are going to spend it at all…

You can find Centers in the second round that end up being better a lot of the time than lotto guys because they just don’t pan out as evenly as wings and guards.

A backup for Franz Wagner would be nice
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,170

Post#278 » by MagicMatic » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:42 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:Centers are a complete crapshoot in translating to the nba. No thanks.

Yeah Orlando’s SF depth is terrible. Ingles, Okeke, and Houstan pretending to be a SF doesn’t cut it.

Also, the three guard lineups are trash.
Petre1978
Sixth Man

Post#279 » by Petre1978 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:23 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:

Yeah Orlando’s SF depth is terrible. Ingles, Okeke, and Houstan pretending to be a SF doesn’t cut it.

Klintman would be interesting for Orlando.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,875

Post#280 » by basketballRob » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:48 pm

Petre1978 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Petre1978 wrote:A backup for Franz Wagner would be nice

Klintman would be interesting for Orlando.
Usually, NBL stats translate to the NBA. He's shooting 43/34/81. His shot looks like Caleb's and Klintman is 2" bigger. He'd be perfect to take Chuma's place on the roster next season.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic