ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#1 » by T-Cat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:52 pm

Orlando are a few players away from being a real serious team.

Weltman mentioned in doing things the right way and not skipping steps. We have a ton of draft assets to move up eye the player we want!

Obviously we're young already as a team but if Anthony Parker and front office want to draft some possible impact players, I like big man Ulrich Chomche from NBA Africa Academy and shooting guard Dalton Kinect from Tennessee.

Ulrich Chomche makes more sense for Orlando because we need a potentially game changer in the middle and he's only 18. This guy is already elite defensively with raw offense and his mentor is Joakim Noah. :nod:

Read on Twitter
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,833

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#2 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:15 pm

Well... as someone who is interested in the draft since I watch NCAA, trade our 24 draft picks!!!

Like seriously, we have Black and Jett. We really gonna get another rookie? This is probably one of the weakest draft I have seen and we are projected to be in the late teens. Even my fandom of Duke makes me leery of picking Tyrese Proctor who took a stepback this year.
BCS
Sixth Man
And1: 675

Post#3 » by BCS » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:19 pm

Haven't really paid attention this year, weak class, non lottery pick, thought we should have traded the pick because of too many young players.

Having said that, maybe a big, Kel'el Ware seems to be in our range, maybe take a chance on him.

Sent from my SM-A716U using RealGM mobile app
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 936

Post#4 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:22 pm

I would like a decent C with athleticism and defensive potential in our range. Dont know anything about Chomche yet.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,268

Post#5 » by eyriq » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:25 pm

I don't know about the player, but the role I'd be looking to draft for would be a combo big or combo forward. We need a green goblin replacement for Okeke or Schofield.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#6 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:28 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:I would like a decent C with athleticism and defensive potential in our range. Dont know anything about Chomche yet.

A lot. It would be a great guessing game for us to gamble whether the guy is gonna be a Lively vs Wiseman. A Mark Williams or a Biyombo.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#7 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:32 pm

eyriq wrote:I don't know about the player, but the role I'd be looking to draft for would be a combo big or combo forward. We need a green goblin replacement for Okeke or Schofield.

We need to develop our next JI. Look for some athletic mobile 6'10ish dude that can potentially guard the perimeter and paint.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,268

Post#8 » by eyriq » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 pm

RookieStar wrote:
eyriq wrote:I don't know about the player, but the role I'd be looking to draft for would be a combo big or combo forward. We need a green goblin replacement for Okeke or Schofield.

We need to develop our next JI. Look for some athletic mobile 6'10ish dude that can potentially guard the perimeter and paint.
Exactly what I was thinking!!!
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#9 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:39 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:I would like a decent C with athleticism and defensive potential in our range. Dont know anything about Chomche yet.

A lot. It would be a great guessing game for us to gamble whether the guy is gonna be a Lively vs Wiseman. A Mark Williams or a Biyombo.

sure, but you can say that about most draft prospects. Its all a gamble, especially in that range.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#10 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:59 pm

eyriq wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

DFS would have been fine except he is only 6'5 so he gets abused by the 6'9 above gang.

Im thinking of someone like Mitchell from Duke. 6'8 barefoot "supposedly" and an excellent defensive player. Moves around a lot. However, need to confirm those measurements first.lol
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#11 » by RookieStar » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:05 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

sure, but you can say that about most draft prospects. Its all a gamble, especially in that range.

What range? The range where Lively and Williams were picked? The late lotto? OR Wiseman Ayton Bamba in the high lotto?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Residual-Heat » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:39 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

What range? The range where Lively and Williams were picked? The late lotto? OR Wiseman Ayton Bamba in the high lotto?

All of it :lol:. The draft is a gamble, and drafting in the 10 is more likely to get you a decent player. We've been drafting top 10 the past few years and in that range i'd hope for a starting caliber player. Outside the lotto, id barely expect that pick to turn into a bench player. I agree drafting a big man is more risky, which is why i think its a bad idea to draft a big man in the top 10 (recent history suggests that its a bad idea). Outside the top 10 though you take that risk.

I dont want to draft another PG, because they take too long to develop and we drafted Black last draft. We need to find another way to get a starting PG. I want a big man defender on this team. I dont know if we can keep Goga, and we cant really depend on Isaac. That said, i have not looked at the draft prospects, and obviously if there's someone available that im really high on i take him regardless of position.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,930

Post#13 » by drsd » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:49 pm

And with the 30th pick in the 2024 NBA draft, the Orlando Magic select ....
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#14 » by T-Cat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:07 am

eyriq wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I agree! A player like JI is valuable to this team, that's why I'm intrigued with Chomche as a prospect.

Here's his player bio:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ulrich-chomche/
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,717

Post#15 » by Message Boar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:07 am

I wouldn't be surprised if this draft pick, or whatever rookie is picked with it, is traded away.

That being said, I wouldn't mind if we picked a (older?) nba-ready prospect who can play a role off the bench right away if called upon. A guard that can shoot and either playmake or defend would obviously be great, but another forward that can cover Franz/Paolo/JI in case someone gets injured would also be nice.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#16 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:11 am

T-Cat wrote:
eyriq wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I agree! A player like JI is valuable to this team, that's why I'm intrigued with Chomche as a prospect.

Here's his player bio:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/ulrich-chomche/

Yeah... I need to see the player play in a real torunament. Like NCAA/Euro to judge properly.
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,109

Post#17 » by Magic#1 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:26 am

The problem with trading this pick is that the value of these picks are already so low. I'd just assume keep it and hope we get lucky. While I doubt he will be available since this draft is so weak, I liked Filipkowski last year and think he would be a very good pick this year. Also, I don't know why nbadraft.net has Topic so low, but I don't see how we could pass on him if he's available. Ware would also be a prospect worth developing.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#18 » by basketballRob » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:43 am

Delete
meatwad4343
Rookie
And1: 260

Post#19 » by meatwad4343 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:56 am

Yeah the value of the pick won't be high considering tbe perceived strength of the draft and our pick being in the late teens, I'd just take the highest upside guy and stash him. You never know. 2013 was supposed to be one of the weakest drafts in recent memory and Giannis was sitting there in the middle of the first
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,635

Post#20 » by Skybox » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:56 am

I hope we get Jett Howard next year

Return to Orlando Magic