ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,454

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#381 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:40 am

Man, I think Zach Edey is going to still be pretty good in the NBA. Even if he’s slow, he’s big, strong and skilled. Some team will get a sleeper with him as people focus on his weaknesses instead of how good his strengths could be.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,018

Post#382 » by KillMonger » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:23 am

Bensational wrote:Man, I think Zach Edey is going to still be pretty good in the NBA. Even if he’s slow, he’s big, strong and skilled. Some team will get a sleeper with him as people focus on his weaknesses instead of how good his strengths could be.

i'm 50/50 on Edey....i could see him like another tacko fall just any potential just killed by lack of mobility and lack of range....on the other hand zach is way more mobile than tacko imo, but does he have some range? can he defend in space and not be exposed? it's intriguing because just his size and his strong base? he can bully players day 1....on the right team and the right role? i can see him working in the league
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,454

Post#383 » by Bensational » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:08 am

KillMonger wrote:
Bensational wrote:Man, I think Zach Edey is going to still be pretty good in the NBA. Even if he’s slow, he’s big, strong and skilled. Some team will get a sleeper with him as people focus on his weaknesses instead of how good his strengths could be.

i'm 50/50 on Edey....i could see him like another tacko fall just any potential just killed by lack of mobility and lack of range....on the other hand zach is way more mobile than tacko imo, but does he have some range? can he defend in space and not be exposed? it's intriguing because just his size and his strong base? he can bully players day 1....on the right team and the right role? i can see him working in the league

I mean, put him on the Spurs for Twin Towers 2.0. Wemby can cover space and Edey can fill space.

Edey looks as mobile as Goga to me, so I think he’ll have enough speed to get by, but he’ll have weaknesses. He just seems to have the head to either figure them out or figure out a workaround.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#384 » by Skin » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:47 pm

The guy I like for us based on where we're picking.

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#385 » by SOUL » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:48 pm

I don't think we're keeping our pick personally.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#386 » by JoshuaPotter » Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:45 pm

SOUL wrote:I don't think we're keeping our pick personally.

I personally don't think you have considered the impact of what saying this means.

You need to be more considerate. Cash considerate.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#387 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:31 pm

Skin wrote:The guy I like for us based on where we're picking.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospect-profiles/nba-draft-scouting-report-cameroons-ulrich-chomche

Was just coming to post this. hahah. But agreed. IF.... Wendell or goga is gone... he's got my vote. 6"11' 235 lb at 18 yo .... with athleticism and potential. count me in!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#388 » by Skin » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:52 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/prospect-profiles/nba-draft-scouting-report-cameroons-ulrich-chomche

Was just coming to post this. hahah. But agreed. IF.... Wendell or goga is gone... he's got my vote. 6"11' 235 lb at 18 yo .... with athleticism and potential. count me in!

Even if they are not gone. This guy is a great fit with awesome potential.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#389 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:22 pm

Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

True true. I just meant as a priority. but... i loved what i was seeing. Defensive capability.... with shooting.... and a lob threat still..... that facilitates the ball as well?!?!? JJJ with passing.... I'm down!
T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 428

Post#390 » by T-Cat » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:06 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
Skin wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:

True true. I just meant as a priority. but... i loved what i was seeing. Defensive capability.... with shooting.... and a lob threat still..... that facilitates the ball as well?!?!? JJJ with passing.... I'm down!

I can see his NBA draft stock go up if he declared!

He is perfect for what we need as a front court help.
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant

Post#391 » by yoyojw17 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:13 pm

T-Cat wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
Skin wrote:Even if they are not gone. This guy is a great fit with awesome potential.

I can see his NBA draft stock go up if he declared!

He is perfect for what we need as a front court help.

Yeah.... tankathon had him in the early 20's and i was like.... "Doubt it"

He'll pull like a rise as he comes over for draft evaluations as well
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#392 » by KillMonger » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:17 pm

Do we usually punt first rounders?

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,833

Post#393 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:43 am

KillMonger wrote:

We havent been exactly in this situation before.

2 raw rookies and being lead by 3 guys still in rookie contracts plus the core vets ( JI Moe Fultz WCJ Gary ) all under 30... big cap space...

And the most important is... we are ready for the next step. That means we cant get any younger.

So yeah, im with him. Im ok playing out of the draft this time.
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#394 » by KillMonger » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 am

RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

We havent been exactly in this situation before.

2 raw rookies and being lead by 3 guys still in rookie contracts plus the core vets ( JI Moe Fultz WCJ Gary ) all under 30... big cap space...

And the most important is... we are ready for the next step. That means we cant get any younger.

So yeah, im with him. Im ok playing out of the draft this time.

i'm not ready to say "can't"....we shouldn't be afraid of young talent.....plus as i take a look around the landscape, unless some star gets disgruntled with their situation the only guys available are players not quite aligned with our timeline or players old enough to be in ring chase mode....realistically we are still fairly early in the rebuild, it feels accelerated because we hit on players in the draft but make no mistake it's still early and we are quite literally still figuring things out...I feel like we're going to do what we always have done per se....that first rounder is probably going to used, but that second is probably punted...

Who we use it on? there is so many ways we can go depending on decisions made on certain players....Should Gary and Kelle be brought back? My take is both of those guys recently have shown they're not dependable....we should go for a veteran guard, we need a steady hand who's dependable....We could use some SF depth....What are we doing with Dell/Goga? should we upgrade the Center position? it's going to be an interesting off-season and depending on what happens some people are going to be pissed....like for example me, if Gary and Kelle are brought back....if they're brought back that tells me the Front office is not interested in winning, They just want good vibes....chemistry.....family.....
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#395 » by KillMonger » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 am

OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#396 » by OrlChamps2030 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:23 pm

Terrence Shannon Jr seems like one of those guys the Thunder/Heat take in the late teens and the rest of the league is wondering how the hell that happened..

For that reason we should take him

He looks ready to be a rotation guy day 1 - could be our backup 3 right off the bat
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#397 » by T-Cat » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:27 pm

If these two could be teammates in the future! :nod:

Read on Twitter
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#398 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

T-Cat wrote:If these two could be teammates in the future! :nod:

Read on Twitter

Who will be playing the C? :D
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#399 » by RookieStar » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:57 pm

Anyone watching the sweet16 games?

Yeah i think im gonna drop Clinigan from my wishlist. Even in college he looks slow.. probably same speed as Eddey but not his offensive dominance. If college guys can run rings around him, i shudder in the nba.
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#400 » by T-Cat » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:09 am

RookieStar wrote:
T-Cat wrote:If these two could be teammates in the future! :nod:

Read on Twitter

Who will be playing the C? :D

Markelle Fultz lol

Don't we have two first round picks in 2025 draft? Along with Franz Wagner/Mo Wagner should be enough to get Cooper!

Return to Orlando Magic