ImageImageImageImage

2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 593

Re: 2024 Draft Prospects Orlando Magic Should Get 

Post#21 » by MasterGMer » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:20 am

What about the Chinese Center Yang Hansen? He has been projected in the late 20s in the NBA Mock Draft by some.
He was called "Chinese Yokic" during U19 FIBA World Cup. And he outshined possible NO.1 pick Alex Sarr from France when they faced them
He has good footwork and post skills. Plus he has great passing skill. Could be a project.

Also another guy, Johnny Furphy from Kansas. Dude is a glue guy on the floor with 40% 3 pt shooting which is what we need. Plus he can play some serious defense. He is not a scorer by any means. But i think he will fit in with this team very well.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,129

Post#22 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:24 am

I think we might lose goga so id look into getting a center and stick him in the G league

Sent from the phone in my hands
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 593

Post#23 » by MasterGMer » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:48 am

KillMonger wrote:I think we might lose goga so id look into getting a center and stick him in the G league

That would be a very bad situation. Goga has proved tonight he belongs to the league. His defense and rebounding is the best among our Center Rotation
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#24 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:10 am

MasterGMer wrote:
KillMonger wrote:I think we might lose goga so id look into getting a center and stick him in the G league

That would be a very bad situation. Goga has proved tonight he belongs to the league. His defense and rebounding is the best among our Center Rotation
Sure but I think other teams see that he belongs and earns himself a pretty nice raise.... Depending on the money I'm not sure we want to be paying 3 centers 8-13 million each when one of them will be racking up DNPs.... That's quite an expensive insurance plan.... I'd look to the draft and get a player like goga on a rookie contract... Grab rebounds, block shots and maybe stretch the floor with size, there's a few centers like that in this draft

T-Cat
Sixth Man
And1: 435

Post#25 » by T-Cat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:14 am

KillMonger wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

Sure but I think other teams see that he belongs and earns himself a pretty nice raise.... Depending on the money I'm not sure we want to be paying 3 centers 8-13 million each when one of them will be racking up DNPs.... That's quite an expensive insurance plan.... I'd look to the draft and get a player like goga on a rookie contract... Grab rebounds, block shots and maybe stretch the floor with size, there's a few centers like that in this draft

I think Orlando is trying not to boost his value by not playing him and bury him on the bench
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,915

Post#26 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:34 am

Magic#1 wrote:The problem with trading this pick is that the value of these picks are already so low. I'd just assume keep it and hope we get lucky. While I doubt he will be available since this draft is so weak, I liked Filipkowski last year and think he would be a very good pick this year. Also, I don't know why nbadraft.net has Topic so low, but I don't see how we could pass on him if he's available. Ware would also be a prospect worth developing.

Are you looking for a friendlier version of MoeSwagner? Because thats who you are probavly getting in Filipkowski. 7ft no defense but insanely talented offensive guy.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#27 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:36 am

KillMonger wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

Which ones? I dont see any rookie C that can bang wit nba guys for at least 2-3 years.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,229

Post#28 » by cedric76 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:51 am

We ll trade that pick
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#29 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:02 am

RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
MasterGMer wrote:

Which ones? I dont see any rookie C that can bang wit nba guys for at least 2-3 years.

My scenario is that we'll draft a C but we'll stick him in the g league for a year since it looks like we're keeping dell and moe wagner and with JI playing spot minutes at center we probably won't need him much his rookie year but Kel'el ware is on my radar because i see so much of lively from the mavericks in him...

Athletic, can run the floor, lob threat, can block shots and rebound and shows some potential with the jumper.....needs to get bigger though but he has a good frame....i really like the kid....i was thinking about another shooter maybe like dalton knecht but would his path to play be easier than a big? not sure

don't pass up looking into Yves Missi as well, he's like Clint Capela with athleticism
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,047

Post#30 » by fendilim » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:13 am

BIG Z.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#31 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:39 am

fendilim wrote:BIG Z.

Which one? The one in Purdue or Kentucky? Or is there another one using the nickname?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#32 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:45 am

KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Sure but I think other teams see that he belongs and earns himself a pretty nice raise.... Depending on the money I'm not sure we want to be paying 3 centers 8-13 million each when one of them will be racking up DNPs.... That's quite an expensive insurance plan.... I'd look to the draft and get a player like goga on a rookie contract... Grab rebounds, block shots and maybe stretch the floor with size, there's a few centers like that in this draft

My scenario is that we'll draft a C but we'll stick him in the g league for a year since it looks like we're keeping dell and moe wagner and with JI playing spot minutes at center we probably won't need him much his rookie year but Kel'el ware is on my radar because i see so much of lively from the mavericks in him...

Athletic, can run the floor, lob threat, can block shots and rebound and shows some potential with the jumper.....needs to get bigger though but he has a good frame....i really like the kid....i was thinking about another shooter maybe like dalton knecht but would his path to play be easier than a big? not sure

We need to find out who has a good work ethic and actually likes playing ball with these big men esp int he 20s pick. We cant choose a wiseman/bamba/ayton type of C. If those guys actially hustles in games then yeah.. lets choose them.

However, i believe we trade them along with someone to get a great player for paolo and franz
fendilim
RealGM

Post#33 » by fendilim » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:31 am

RookieStar wrote:

Which one? The one in Purdue or Kentucky? Or is there another one using the nickname?

Kentucky
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#34 » by RookieStar » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:59 am

fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Kentucky

7ft stick thin, good shot blocker, streaky 3pt shooter with ( as insiders say ) still dumb aka low bbiq in terms of being where he should be during set plays.

Hmmmm....
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,169

Post#35 » by tiderulz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:31 pm

MasterGMer wrote:

strange night to say that with just 14 minutes played and 2 rebounds.
fendilim
RealGM

Post#36 » by fendilim » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:17 pm

RookieStar wrote:
fendilim wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Kentucky

7ft stick thin, good shot blocker, streaky 3pt shooter with ( as insiders say ) still dumb aka low bbiq in terms of being where he should be during set plays.

Hmmmm....
tough to judge his iq at this point given he is basically joining the team only in the midseason.
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by T-Cat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:04 pm

RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

We need to find out who has a good work ethic and actually likes playing ball with these big men esp int he 20s pick. We cant choose a wiseman/bamba/ayton type of C. If those guys actially hustles in games then yeah.. lets choose them.

However, i believe we trade them along with someone to get a great player for paolo and franz

Kel' el Ware is very talented but does he the mental makeup to be great? We need to draft someone who wants to be a standout in this league, and management needs to hit another home run on draft day because let's face we really don't have a way to get better younger players without giving up on our current young core.

Unfortunately we won't be bad enough to have a possibility to select Cooper Flagg in 2025 but with our current standings have a chance to get a impactful player in 2024 draft if we do our homework!

We can also trade Cole Anthony and Wendell Carter to improve draft positions.

On a side note Orlando could have traded for Daniel Gafford EASILY but didn't lets us further know, they're not too serious about making noise in the east this season.

C'mon we sign Joe Ingles this past off-season lol
KillMonger
RealGM

Post#38 » by KillMonger » Sun Feb 11, 2024 2:57 pm

T-Cat wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
KillMonger wrote:My scenario is that we'll draft a C but we'll stick him in the g league for a year since it looks like we're keeping dell and moe wagner and with JI playing spot minutes at center we probably won't need him much his rookie year but Kel'el ware is on my radar because i see so much of lively from the mavericks in him...

Kel' el Ware is very talented but does he the mental makeup to be great? We need to draft someone who wants to be a standout in this league, and management needs to hit another home run on draft day because let's face we really don't have a way to get better younger players without giving up on our current young core.

Unfortunately we won't be bad enough to have a possibility to select Cooper Flagg in 2025 but with our current standings have a chance to get a impactful player in 2024 draft if we do our homework!

We can also trade Cole Anthony and Wendell Carter to improve draft positions.

On a side note Orlando could have traded for Daniel Gafford EASILY but didn't lets us further know, they're not too serious about making noise in the east this season.

C'mon we sign Joe Ingles this past off-season lol

we could move up but that's not really Weltman's MO....usually he sticks where he's at and just picks the bpa....however based off of what he said in his trade deadline interview just a few days ago he made it seem like he didn't want to bring in anyone that would affect "development of our young players" we got young players that need development at every spot except center....with goga being unrestricted and may just walk i think it would be just simple to just select a center prospect that doesn't affect the other players while at the same time having somewhat of a path to play eventually....then again....who knows maybe anthony parker has a different strategy
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,140

Post#39 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:02 pm

Trade it with Cole for a better Guard, slide Jett into bench role.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
T-Cat
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by T-Cat » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:01 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:Trade it with Cole for a better Guard, slide Jett into bench role.

I can definitely see us making a trade with another lottery team around draft day.

Portland could be trade partners

Return to Orlando Magic