ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 54: Oklahoma City Thunder (36-17) at Orlando Magic (29-24) - 7:30pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,304

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 54: Oklahoma City Thunder (36-17) at Orlando Magic (29-24) - 7:30pm 

Post#721 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:46 am

Why are the Devos' so cringe to me?
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 998

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 54: Oklahoma City Thunder (36-17) at Orlando Magic (29-24) - 7:30pm 

Post#722 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:48 am

-Shaq is very annoying to listen to

-We really **** up not getting a PG that can shoot

-Shouldve used Isaac better defensively. I didnt like some of Mosely's line ups.

-Paolo with 10 assists despite the team shooting 30% from 3. Good defense too.

-Bad game for Franz offensively.

-aside from Mo, the rest of the bench is ineffective.
D12VCMagic
Sixth Man
And1: 441

Post#723 » by D12VCMagic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:49 am

This jersey retirement ceremony is getting ridiculous, wrap it up already.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#724 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:50 am

MagicMatic wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
OKC are a better team because they have a better front office. They constructed a roster that makes sense and didn’t waste 4-5 seasons doing nothing drafting busts.

I think the main thing to remember to keep into perspective is this SGA's 6th season in the league and 5th with OKC and this is the 1st year that theyve had a winning record. Theyve also drafted some busts over that time. Up until the 2022 draft, these were the 1st round picks since they acquired SGA.

Bazley: Bust
Poku: Bust
Mann: was out of their rotation when they traded him
Giddey: Who isnt looking all that great for the 6th pick

Dort was a great undrafted find and they seem to have hit HRs with the 2022 draft with Chet and Jaylen. But again we are looking at year 5 of OKC having SGA and it being SGA's 6th season in the league. They're much further along in the process and again this is year 1 of having a winning record. This is still just year 2 for Paolo and year 3 for Suggs/Franz. So the core is still much younger than the OKC one (at least in NBA experience).

The difference is that Orlando kept their scrub team of Vuc/Fournier/ and AG while OKC was actually building something and landing prospects LIKE SGA while Orlando was drafting Bamba and half-assing an actual rebuild.

The same idiots today were the ones telling you that team was “fun to watch” and “tanking was bad” up until they traded them all away AT THEIR REQUEST. Now earning Paolo at #1 and changing their tune about the merits of the draft we sit here saying “wow we could use X” like nothing mattered in any year leading up to this.
Weltman had a mandate to re-tool and salvage the Hennigan build. Once it was clear it wouldn't work he was given free rein to do it his way. Simple narrative. Also, nobody is stupid around here.
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 998

Post#725 » by Residual-Heat » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:51 am

thelead wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Hope people understand this team is still quite young

Yes but so is OKC. Obviously, the big difference is 1) They have an MVP caliber player in his prime 2) They chose/developed shooters while we chose/developed #family

Exactly their best player is in his prime and his 6th year. Paolo is in his 2nd season. Think about where this team will be when Paolo is in his 6th season. By then we might still be starting Fultz but the rest of the team should be better :lol:
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,034

Post#726 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:52 am

eyriq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
I think the main thing to remember to keep into perspective is this SGA's 6th season in the league and 5th with OKC and this is the 1st year that theyve had a winning record. Theyve also drafted some busts over that time. Up until the 2022 draft, these were the 1st round picks since they acquired SGA.

Bazley: Bust
Poku: Bust
Mann: was out of their rotation when they traded him
Giddey: Who isnt looking all that great for the 6th pick

Dort was a great undrafted find and they seem to have hit HRs with the 2022 draft with Chet and Jaylen. But again we are looking at year 5 of OKC having SGA and it being SGA's 6th season in the league. They're much further along in the process and again this is year 1 of having a winning record. This is still just year 2 for Paolo and year 3 for Suggs/Franz. So the core is still much younger than the OKC one (at least in NBA experience).

The difference is that Orlando kept their scrub team of Vuc/Fournier/ and AG while OKC was actually building something and landing prospects LIKE SGA while Orlando was drafting Bamba and half-assing an actual rebuild.

The same idiots today were the ones telling you that team was “fun to watch” and “tanking was bad” up until they traded them all away AT THEIR REQUEST. Now earning Paolo at #1 and changing their tune about the merits of the draft we sit here saying “wow we could use X” like nothing mattered in any year leading up to this.
Weltman had a mandate to re-tool and salvage the Hennigan build. Once it was clear it wouldn't work he was given free rein to do it his way. Simple narrative. Also, nobody is stupid around here.

So what’s the argument for changing basically nothing else since the Vuc trade?
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,917

Post#727 » by JF5 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:54 am

MagicMatic wrote:
JF5 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
As much as you might think this is a good point…

The argument wasn’t only about the trade deadline this season… it was the offseason and prior season as well.

:lol: the Magic who were still in the business of losing games last year and trying to be in the running of potentially getting that French freak who is now in San Antonio or getting a high draft pick NEEDED to make trades last year? Really?

I can't stop laughing at this :lol:

The delusions are hilarious.

So no argument as usual? Yeah.

Your cope is that Orlando is “just young” getting blown out at home to a team just as young lmao.

You’re delusional thinking zero moves could have been made to make Paolo’s and Franz job easier for this team in their development. Kinda like OKC has perfectly done for many years leading up to drafting Chet and JWilliams.

You must think this FO has done an amazing job. I think RealGM is too real for you. Go check out Reddit with all the other homers sucking this FO up like they work for Magic marketing team or something . :lol:

Cope? The things that you write are sometimes unhinged, hypocritical, or outright make no sense...

I'm critical of your previous post because the Magic by Mid-Decenber last year were 5-22 and were very much in the running to get a top pick (Hyped and to believed franchise altering players at the time were Wemby and Henderson).

The logic that by game 40-41 that the Magic front office should've started adding surrounding pieces/veterans around Paolo/Franz that wouldve heped them win more, when they had a very real shot at getting a perceived franchise altering player in the 2023 draft at that stage is ridiculous and makes absolutely NO sense.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,670

Post#728 » by Rainwater » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:57 am

thelead wrote:

Yes but so is OKC. Obviously, the big difference is 1) They have an MVP caliber player in his prime 2) They chose/developed shooters while we chose/developed #family

Yes these are massive differences. And some rebuilds happen quicker than others. Magic weren’t even projected to be this good this year. Trust me I believe moves need to made but I just feel like we need to be a little more patient, the future is bright.
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#729 » by richi_v25 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 am

Residual-Heat wrote:
thelead wrote:

Exactly their best player is in his prime and his 6th year. Paolo is in his 2nd season. Think about where this team will be when Paolo is in his 6th season. By then we might still be starting Fultz but the rest of the team should be better :lol:

That's probably the year Fultz turns the corner and looks like Washington #1 pick Markelle :lol:
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,736

Post#730 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 am

Y'all didn't have to bring out penny. Tears! :(
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#731 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:58 am

JF5 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
JF5 wrote:
:lol: the Magic who were still in the business of losing games last year and trying to be in the running of potentially getting that French freak who is now in San Antonio or getting a high draft pick NEEDED to make trades last year? Really?

I can't stop laughing at this :lol:

The delusions are hilarious.

So no argument as usual? Yeah.

Your cope is that Orlando is “just young” getting blown out at home to a team just as young lmao.

You’re delusional thinking zero moves could have been made to make Paolo’s and Franz job easier for this team in their development. Kinda like OKC has perfectly done for many years leading up to drafting Chet and JWilliams.

You must think this FO has done an amazing job. I think RealGM is too real for you. Go check out Reddit with all the other homers sucking this FO up like they work for Magic marketing team or something . :lol:

Cope? The things that you write are sometimes unhinged, hypocritical, or outright make no sense...

I'm critical of your previous post because the Magic by Mid-Decenber last year were 5-22 and were very much in the running to get a top pick (Hyped and to believed franchise altering players at the time were Wemby and Henderson).

The logic that by game 40-41 that the Magic front office should've started adding surrounding pieces/veterans around Paolo/Franz that wouldve heped them win more, when they had a very real shot at getting a perceived franchise altering player in the 2023 draft at that stage is ridiculous and makes absolutely NO sense.

Yeah? What about the offseason? After the draft?

You know… the time where everyone made arguments about why the actual **** nothing was done aside from bringing in Ingles?

Why is that timeframe absent from the original remark from you laughing about how dumb the notion that making a move at this deadline would have changed anything remotely whatsoever?

Is that time for making roster decisions absent from your mind because it doesn’t support your argument? Couldn’t be.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,686

Post#732 » by SOUL » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:59 am

I wouldn't mind seeing Mose switch up the bench lineup a bit. Doesn't have to be both Jett and AB, but maybe Houstan for Gary and AB for Ingles. Goga still feels dependent on matchups so I'm not sure how we get him in there without completely benching one of WCJ, Moe or Isaac.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#733 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:59 am

D12VCMagic wrote:This jersey retirement ceremony is getting ridiculous, wrap it up already.

You can turn it off.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#734 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:59 am

MagicMatic wrote:
eyriq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

The Vooch era players, Fultz, Cole, Okeke, and Isaac, are sticking around still, no doubt. The meat of the haul from the initial blow-up, WCJ and Harris, are still hanging around. That's probably a bit more understandable. The only excuse I have for Fultz and Isaac still being around is that they were too injured to ruin the tank, and ate up space. Sadly, I also think they liked Fultz. As for Cole and Okeke, well only really Cole was doubled down on.
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM

Post#735 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:01 am

The fact that Dennis Scott is trying to remind the FO that Paolo is great people along with Shaq, hopefully they get the hint.

MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#736 » by MagicMatic » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:01 am

eyriq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
eyriq wrote:Weltman had a mandate to re-tool and salvage the Hennigan build. Once it was clear it wouldn't work he was given free rein to do it his way. Simple narrative. Also, nobody is stupid around here.

The Vooch era players, Fultz, Cole, Okeke, and Isaac, are sticking around still, no doubt. The meat of the haul from the initial blow-up, WCJ and Harris, are still hanging around. That's probably a bit more understandable. The only excuse I have for Fultz and Isaac still being around is that they were too injured to ruin the tank, and ate up space. Sadly, I also think they liked Fultz. As for Cole and Okeke, well only really Cole was doubled down on.

Thanks for clearing up the point I made.
richi_v25
Bench Warmer
And1: 426

Post#737 » by richi_v25 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:04 am

ORLMagicGirl15 wrote:
D12VCMagic wrote:This jersey retirement ceremony is getting ridiculous, wrap it up already.

You can turn it off.

I did, i refused to watch it bc i can't get with he idea that Shaq never won a title then skipped town but gets his jersey retired??? If he "liked" Orlando so much why didn't he come back after the Lakers, nope he went to Mia and won some more, bump shaq. Btw i love shaq on inside the nba he's hilarious.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#738 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:07 am

MagicMatic wrote:
eyriq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Thanks for clearing up the point I made.
I had to think it through lol. Fultz is really the most inexplicable mainstay. Just horrendous. Isaac, I sort of get. He's hard to quit. I'm just relieved they invested draft equity into the backcourt.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,151

Post#739 » by Def Swami » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:09 am

They messed up the font on the Shaq jersey. What a fumble.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#740 » by eyriq » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:09 am

Nice ceremony for Shaq. I was young during those days, but man I remember how hype it was with him.

Return to Orlando Magic