ImageImageImageImage

So what’s going on with Markelle Fultz this season?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Re: So what’s going on with Markelle Fultz this season? 

Post#41 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:17 pm

Skybox wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
drsd wrote:
Taylor Hendricks and his sub-9 PER stands out as a SnT option for Orlando. I can't think Fultz will command more than the ~6M per that this swap would generate in salary exchange. For Orlando, the Magic get Okeke's replacement in Hendricks. Why not? He's gotta be worth a look.

Sign me up. I saw Taylor Hendricks as a potential Isaac clone years down the line. We do need a replacement for his minutes. So it works for me.

We also free up time for the ALL Anthony all the time PG play.

Am I reading that someone seriously thinks a Fultz SnT for Taylor Hendricks is plausible? :lol:

Quick - before Utah guy researches Fultz

It's not, but if there ever was a chance, I do that deal 100% of the time. Possibly twice, no thrice!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,736

Post#42 » by basketballRob » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:29 pm

If you haven't watched Fultz this season, he continually passes up on wide open shots and disrupts the offensive flow. He's only attempted like 10 shots outside of the paint this season. Hopefully, he gets back to the level he was at last season by playoff time.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#43 » by drsd » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:32 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
Skybox wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
Sign me up. I saw Taylor Hendricks as a potential Isaac clone years down the line. We do need a replacement for his minutes. So it works for me.

Am I reading that someone seriously thinks a Fultz SnT for Taylor Hendricks is plausible? :lol:

It's not, but if there ever was a chance, I do that deal 100% of the time. Possibly twice, no thrice!

Hendricks has been horrible his rookie year. Just saying.

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,640

Post#44 » by Skybox » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:39 pm

drsd wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Define "horrible" without being a homer...less than 5ppg or, better yet, can't get out of the G League?
Fortune Teller
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#45 » by Fortune Teller » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:15 pm

It's mind-boggling that our starting PG and second-highest paid player just stopped attempting 3-point shots this year and no one will ask him or Mosley why.

I don't mean ask him if he's healthy, or if he still has confidence in his shot -- it's easy to just answer those questions "yes".

I mean ask him, directly, why, in his 7th season in the NBA, he suddenly stopped attempting 3-point shots and basically stopped shooting outside the paint.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#46 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:31 pm

drsd wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
Skybox wrote:

4x final offer!
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,119

Post#47 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:40 pm

Fortune Teller wrote:It's mind-boggling that our starting PG and second-highest paid player just stopped attempting 3-point shots this year and no one will ask him or Mosley why.

I don't mean ask him if he's healthy, or if he still has confidence in his shot -- it's easy to just answer those questions "yes".

I mean ask him, directly, why, in his 7th season in the NBA, he suddenly stopped attempting 3-point shots and basically stopped shooting outside the paint.

magic don't have media unless you're a yes man. it's why Magic Beat dude left for LA and Robbins (dad's health helped for sure) left for DC on The Athletic.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Post#48 » by drsd » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:01 pm

Skybox wrote:Define "horrible" without being a homer...less than 5ppg or, better yet, can't get out of the G League?

Taylor Hendricks is a 38.7% shooter with a 32.6% threeball.
He has a terrible assist / TO line of .556
His 2.9 rpg is not good for a PF

Whereas his defensive rating is terrible at 117, his offensive rating is worse at 98.

There is no soft way to ignore that he has really struggled his rookie year. Indeed he is one of the worst rookies in the league this year.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,844

Post#49 » by RookieStar » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:27 pm

Skybox wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
drsd wrote:
Taylor Hendricks and his sub-9 PER stands out as a SnT option for Orlando. I can't think Fultz will command more than the ~6M per that this swap would generate in salary exchange. For Orlando, the Magic get Okeke's replacement in Hendricks. Why not? He's gotta be worth a look.

If he changes it to Keyonte me and eyeriq will add the DEN frp and promise to drive Fultz there and pickup George personally. They can even ride shotgun.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#50 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 pm

Utah isn’t getting rid of Hendricks or George. Just saying that Fultz still may be better than Kris Dunn.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,573

Post#51 » by Bergmaniac » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:50 pm

JazzUte88 wrote:Utah isn’t getting rid of Hendricks or George. Just saying that Fultz still may be better than Kris Dunn.

I'd take Dunn over Fultz any day of the week. He is a way better defender, for starters. The gap on that end is massive in his favour. And I doubt he's any worse offensively than the current Fultz.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:05 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:
JazzUte88 wrote:Utah isn’t getting rid of Hendricks or George. Just saying that Fultz still may be better than Kris Dunn.

I'd take Dunn over Fultz any day of the week. He is a way better defender, for starters. The gap on that end is massive in his favour. And I doubt he's any worse offensively than the current Fultz.

Well, Markelle would be a decent tank commander that would help Ainge “win”.

MF is usually good for 6-9 points in 20 minutes right now?

But really, maybe a new team like Utah would help Fultz?
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,007

Post#53 » by p0peye » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:17 pm

JazzUte88 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:

Dude, if you didn't get it, we're not gonna let Fultz go. That's just crazy talk. I understand you are hunting for sleepers and granted, Markelle is among, if not the best of them.

I know it's hard, but you've got to move on, man. Talk around All Star weekend was that Luka might ask for trade soon. Now, he's not Markelle, but still not a bad backup plan.
SHAQ32
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,948

Post#54 » by SHAQ32 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:38 pm

Who cares, really. Everyone should just move on. He's a bum.
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 626

Post#55 » by AaronB » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:02 pm

At this point I feel more sorry for Fultz than anything else. Yes, he has made a ton of money. Enough so that he never has to work another day in his life.

But he clearly has central nervous system issues. So much so, I just feel pity more than anything else. Too bad too because he had the talent to be one of the top players in the league and by all accounts is a really good teammate.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:18 pm

AaronB wrote:At this point I feel more sorry for Fultz than anything else. Yes, he has made a ton of money. Enough so that he never has to work another day in his life.

But he clearly has central nervous system issues. So much so, I just feel pity more than anything else. Too bad too because he had the talent to be one of the top players in the league and by all accounts is a really good teammate.

Yeah, it’s too bad. It’s interesting to follow his game in a league where they just clown around & don’t take much serious.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant

Post#57 » by JazzUte88 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:19 pm

p0peye wrote:
JazzUte88 wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:I'd take Dunn over Fultz any day of the week. He is a way better defender, for starters. The gap on that end is massive in his favour. And I doubt he's any worse offensively than the current Fultz.

Dude, if you didn't get it, we're not gonna let Fultz go. That's just crazy talk. I understand you are hunting for sleepers and granted, Markelle is among, if not the best of them.

I know it's hard, but you've got to move on, man. Talk around All Star weekend was that Luka might ask for trade soon. Now, he's not Markelle, but still not a bad backup plan.

Why don’t you just talk about his shot or scroll on? People pay to watch a player.
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,917

Post#58 » by JF5 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:39 pm

Fultz has a very high IQ and is very talented... just unfortunate that his shoulder issues limited him from being the player we saw in HS and College. The Magic tried to nurse him back and gave him all the time in the world but it looks like he'll never regain that shooting form.

He is an quality NBA player... but should be relegated to more of a bench role as he's very unreliable but at times impactful. The front office will have some interest of bringing him back but it just seems like more of an last option if they strike out on guys like Dejaunte Murray, Malcolm Brogdan, OG Anunoby, Gary Trent Jr., and Bruce Brown.

But given the makeup of the team and his consistent injury concerns I doubt he'll be back.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,683

Post#59 » by SOUL » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:44 pm

drsd wrote:
Skybox wrote:Define "horrible" without being a homer...less than 5ppg or, better yet, can't get out of the G League?

Taylor Hendricks is a 38.7% shooter with a 32.6% threeball.
He has a terrible assist / TO line of .556
His 2.9 rpg is not good for a PF

Whereas his defensive rating is terrible at 117, his offensive rating is worse at 98.

There is no soft way to ignore that he has really struggled his rookie year. Indeed he is one of the worst rookies in the league this year.

He's barely played.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,036

Post#60 » by KillMonger » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:00 am

basketballRob wrote:If you haven't watched Fultz this season, he continually passes up on wide open shots and disrupts the offensive flow. He's only attempted like 10 shots outside of the paint this season. Hopefully, he gets back to the level he was at last season by playoff time.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
My only issue is "hope".... Its been 5 years of hoping.... I'm done hoping, the only thing I'm hoping now is we restructure the team the right way

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic