ImageImageImageImage

Sweater Vest Thread #37: Magic 119 - Wizards 109

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Sweater Vest No. 37

Poll ended at Fri Mar 8, 2024 2:51 am

Paolo Banchero: 25 PTS, 6 REB, 10 AST, 1 STL, 1 BLK, 10-20 FG, 4-5 FT, +18 in 39 minutes
36%
Franz Wagner: 28 PTS, 5 REB, 2 AST, 2 BLK, 9-15 FG, 3-7 3PT, 7-8 FT, +20 in 39 minutes
41%
Jalen Suggs: 19 PTS, 6 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 6-12 FG, 5-10 3PT, 2-2 FT, +24 in 32 minutes
23%
Moritz Wagner: 16 PTS, 6 REB, 6-7 FG, 1-1 3PT, 3-3 FT, +4 in 21 minutes
No votes
Cole Anthony: 11 PTS, 7 REB, 1 BLK, 5-12 FG in 25 minutes
No votes

Total votes: 39

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,983

Re: Sweater Vest Thread #37: Magic 119 - Wizards 109 

Post#21 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:50 pm

magik9113 wrote:Suggs
Paolo
Franz

I voted Suggs. We were down 3 in the 4th around the 8 minute mark when he checked back in. I feel like this changed the entire game... He forced an immediate turnover on an inbound to Poole, then hit a deep contested three with the shot clock winding down to tie the game when we were coming up empty on a few possessions in a row. Then we dominated.

But really all 5 who were in during that stretch were great..Paolo Franz Suggs Cole and Mo

This
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#22 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Mar 7, 2024 2:59 pm

SOUL wrote:
eyriq wrote:I don't actually think highlighting the politics involved is a knock on Mosley. I've wondered how he's maintaining chemistry on a team without a salary driven hierarchy to lean on. He's handled it well, but it's resulted in artificial suppression of AB and Jett. They aren't getting a fair shake because Mosley is walking a tightrope.

This wasn't really about Mose or a perceived knock, I am just confused because it feels like you are overly invested (to the point that it's secondary to team success, getting playoff experience for our stars) in the immediate success of two rookies that nobody really knew much about until summer league, who had modest/low playing time expectations on a team full of young guys and players who would be playing over them because they were drafted higher, and quite frankly, seem to have higher ceilings. AB can project to be our 3rd/4th best guy probably, Jett who knows.

It would kind of be the equivalent of Pacers fans wanting not wanting to care about winning this season, pushing back any sort of Haliburton-Siakam-Mathurin timeline and winning, but making sure Jarace Walker and Ben Sheppard got as many reps as possible to maybe become the 3rd/4th/5th best players on the team in a few years.

I really do love AB, and it's funny that people call me a "hater" because I am point out the growing pains teams experience that invest fully in youth. In an ideal world, he gets all of Fultz' minutes moving forward, but he's also not always the best option out there on the court, and that's not a knock on his potential or current play. He's simply as hot and cold as most of our guard options when it comes to what coach is looking for in certain moments.

Anyway, this is a discussion more for another thread lol.

Quoting both of you.

On draft night. GM / Coach specifically mentioned having a pathway to getting these guys meaningful time and of course earning their stripes. The challenge here being. Black IMHO has over performed the initial expectation of deep bench rider. We are without a doubt playing more experienced guys who might in totality be worse then him now but just better decision makers thru experience. Furthermore, just to say "nanana boo boo :naaa: ". We are 4th seed and Black like it or not has played a considerable role in helping that happen, not hurting it.

Winning cures a lot of personal issues I have with this roster. Whether that be developing players. Roster mismanagement at the top down. Starting lineups and substitution patterns and so on.

Jett however whom in my personal opinion at this moment is in the woodshed. Can't even outplay "Klay Houstan".

Maybe it is time for separate thread.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#23 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:01 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
Paolo
Franz

I voted Suggs. We were down 3 in the 4th around the 8 minute mark when he checked back in. I feel like this changed the entire game... He forced an immediate turnover on an inbound to Poole, then hit a deep contested three with the shot clock winding down to tie the game when we were coming up empty on a few possessions in a row. Then we dominated.

But really all 5 who were in during that stretch were great..Paolo Franz Suggs Cole and Mo

This

Suggs is going thru a hotstreak right now and its wonderful. I hope this is what he develops into as the new normal next season.

Also, those 10ast by Paolo.

Wait why did I vote for vest for Franz?
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#24 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:03 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Paolo
Franz

This

Suggs is going thru a hotstreak right now and its wonderful. I hope this is what he develops into as the new normal next season.

Any of our big 3 could get vest. I just think the elite defense at crucial moments and being 50% from 3 on high volume matters more.
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#25 » by JBSouthpaw » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:05 pm

I thought Franz's play from keeping WASH from going up 30 is overlooked because it happened in the 1st half.
Him almost single handedly getting it close to single digits before half gave this team hope..
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#26 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Mar 7, 2024 3:26 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
This

Any of our big 3 could get vest. I just think the elite defense at crucial moments and being 50% from 3 on high volume matters more.

It's a problem I am here for.

I keep forgetting to write it down but 4 of those assist came in the 4th quarter. 1 iirc specifically to Suggs.

Paolo has the defensive gravity of a sun, and I think it's part of the reason Suggs + AB are shooting as well as they are. This is not a discredit to them. Because they stepped up their game.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#27 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:05 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:

I keep forgetting to write it down but 4 of those assist came in the 4th quarter. 1 iirc specifically to Suggs.

Paolo has the defensive gravity of a sun, and I think it's part of the reason Suggs + AB are shooting as well as they are. This is not a discredit to them. Because they stepped up their game.

Im slowly coming around to thinking AB can be really good in a year or so as the starting point guard for this team on very low usage 3-D guy. If his shot keeps dropping and he can add open floor/ half court playmaking to his skillset we have no need to look further.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#28 » by JoshuaPotter » Thu Mar 7, 2024 4:11 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

Im slowly coming around to thinking AB can be really good in a year or so as the starting point guard for this team on very low usage 3-D guy. If his shot keeps dropping and he can add open floor/ half court playmaking to his skillset we have no need to look further.

I might have a limrence effect. That 40% 3pt % from AB has me hoping he can develop maintaining it through volume. This is such a break kneck difference from an unnamed guard who shoots near zero attempts but can have a high percentage.

To the people saying "Black is just making shots because he is wide open". So? He can make them until the defense starts respecting it and thus, allowing Paolo to full back his way around the NBA.
Message Boar
Veteran
And1: 1,717

Post#29 » by Message Boar » Thu Mar 7, 2024 6:24 pm

Franz
Paolo
Suggs

Shame I can't reward Moe for another really good effort off the bench.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,930

Post#30 » by drsd » Fri Mar 8, 2024 6:56 am

Message Boar wrote:Shame I can't reward Moe for another really good effort off the bench.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#31 » by Knightro » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:29 pm

Official Vest No. 37 Results
Vest - Franz Wagner
Cummerbund - Paolo Banchero
Mittens - Jalen Suggs
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,362

Post#32 » by Knightro » Fri Mar 8, 2024 3:31 pm

Season Standings (3-2-1 Scale)
Paolo Banchero - 64
Franz Wagner - 52
Jalen Suggs - 28
Cole Anthony - 18
Jonathan Isaac - 16
Moritz Wagner - 15
Goga Bitadze - 8
Wendell Carter - 6
Anthony Black - 6
Joe Ingles - 3
Gary Harris - 2
Caleb Houstan - 2
Chuma Okeke - 1
Markelle Fultz - 1

Vests
Paolo Banchero - 14 (at UTA, v. LAL, v. MIL, at CHI, v. WAS, v. DET, at IND, at DEN, v. ATL, v. MIA, at SAS, v. NYK, v. UTA, v. DET)
Franz Wagner - 9 (v. DEN, v. WAS, at WAS, v. NYK, at DET, v. SAS, v. CHI, v. BKN, at WAS)
Jalen Suggs - 4 (at IND, v. TOR, v. CLE, at DET)
Cole Anthony - 4 (v. HOU, v. CHA, at NYK, at CHA)
Jonathan Isaac - 3 (at CHI, v. PHX, at MIN)
Moritz Wagner - 3 (at POR, v. BOS, at CLE)

Cummerbunds
Franz Wagner - 11 (at POR, at UTA, at CHI, v. CHA, v. WAS, v. DET, at IND, v. MIA, at SAS, at MIN, v. NYK)
Paolo Banchero - 9 (at IND, v. TOR, v. DEN, v. BOS, at NYK, at DET, v. SAS, at DET, at WAS)
Jalen Suggs - 5 (v. MIL, v. WAS, v. NYK, at DEN, at UTA)
Anthony Black - 3 (v. LAL, at WAS, at CHA)
Goga Bitadze - 2 (at CHI, v. CLE)
Jonathan Isaac - 2 (v. HOU, v. CHI)
Moritz Wagner - 2 (v. PHX, v. BKN)
Caleb Houstan - 1 (v. ATL)
Cole Anthony - 1 (at CLE)
Wendell Carter Jr. - 1 (v. DET)

Mittens
Jalen Suggs - 6 (at POR, v. WAS, v. ATL, at DET, v. SAS, at WAS)
Goga Bitadze - 4 (v. LAL, at IND, v. DET, v. NYK)
Cole Anthony - 4 (v. TOR, v. WAS, at DEN, v. CHI)
Wendell Carter Jr - 4 (at UTH, v. MIA, at MIN, v. BKN)
Paolo Banchero - 4 (v. CHA, at WAS, v. PHX, at CHA)
Franz Wagner - 3 (v. HOU, v. MIL, v. BOS)
Jonathan Isaac - 3 (at CHI, at SAS, v. NYK)
Joe Ingles - 3 (v. DEN, v. CLE, at CLE)
Gary Harris - 2 (at CHI, at IND)
Mortiz Wagner - 2 (at DET, v. UTA)
Chuma Okeke - 1 (at NYK)
Markelle Fultz - 1 (v. DET)
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,268

Post#33 » by eyriq » Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:03 am

AB with 3 Cummerbunds is pretty lit.

The vest winner list is pretty much the 6 guys that are going to determine our playoff success and should get the most playoff minutes. Paolo, Franz, Suggs, Cole, JI, and Moe. Can't wait.

Return to Orlando Magic