ImageImageImageImage

What do you think of Coach Mosley's offensive schemes?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

What do you think of Mosley's offensive schemes?

It's great, shutup
7%
It's good, but he is being held back.
7%
It's average, and he is part of the problem.
18%
It's average, and he is not part of the problem.
29%
It's below average, p5 and Franz have come to the rescue.
39%

Total votes: 28

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Re: What do you think of Coach Mosley's offensive schemes? 

Post#101 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:23 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

does mose call all the plays? if so this is a problem

Oh jeez look at all these accounts with agendas...

No but seriously. This is why people should be mad nothing was accomplished at the trade deadline for a vet fill in PG.

You are either blaming Mosely, the FO, or both. Neither isn't really an option unless you are eating homer slop.

I'm agreeing with you. I don't know why / what people are expecting.

This isn't the same management that hired Stan Van Dame and went out and acquired Reshard Lewis. Building a team that was a contender.

We just committed to a players coach with suspect decision making and says he plays "by committee".

You don't up Mosely for 4 more years if you don't think you have a workable core already in place.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,034

Post#102 » by MagicMatic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

does mose call all the plays? if so this is a problem

Oh jeez look at all these accounts with agendas...

No but seriously. This is why people should be mad nothing was accomplished at the trade deadline for a vet fill in PG.

You are either blaming Mosely, the FO, or both. Neither isn't really an option unless you are eating homer slop.

I'm agreeing with you. I don't know why / what people are expecting.

This isn't the same management that hired Stan Van Dame and went out and acquired Reshard Lewis. Building a team that was a contender.

We just committed to a players coach with suspect decision making and says he plays "by committee".

You don't up Mosely for 4 more years if you don't think you have a workable core already in place.

Re-upping on Mosely makes sense for only 2 reasons.

First, he established an identity and got these young guns to buy in. Second, there isn’t really another option for continuity. This FO isn’t going to fire Mosely and find someone else without all morale and confidence going completely out the window. I’m glad he got extended.

I’m still not sold on Moselys offense whatsoever roster complications aside. Now.. when/if this FO gets a point guard he won’t have excuses. But as these accounts and the eye test shows, there are definitely some head scratching decisions in the form of X’s and O’s. You run things effectively and decide not to go back to them?

At times it looks like letting Paolo and Franz do whatever they want regardless of outcome. Teams play zone against Orlando and we struggle. Is that because Gary Harris and Suggs need to shoot 50%+ from 3, or is that because the offense is far too obvious and lacks ability to get guys open/ better looks? Is Mosely incapable of drawing up plays to get guys better looks without a capable point guard? Chicken or the egg.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,303

Post#103 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:16 pm

ESPN BPI offers some perspective. Our talent based offensive BPI is -0.7, while our actual offensive BPI -2.7. In other words, the offense is way worse than you'd think just going off the talent.

The inverse is true on defense. Our Talent-Based defensive BPI is 0.0, while our actual defensive BPI is 2.7.

So he's a good coach. He's got us overachieving but he's probably s*** on offense.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,034

Post#104 » by MagicMatic » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:34 pm

eyriq wrote:ESPN BPI offers some perspective. Our talent based offensive BPI is -0.7, while our actual offensive BPI -2.7. In other words, the offense is way worse than you'd think just going off the talent.

The inverse is true on defense. Our Talent-Based defensive BPI is 0.0, while our actual defensive BPI is 2.7.

So he's a good coach. He's got us overachieving but he's probably s*** on offense.

So eye tests are validated by metrics. Good to know.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#105 » by tiderulz » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:46 pm

having a legit PG that can shoot would alleviate a lot of the problems in my opinion. but with this front office, we may never see that
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,303

Post#106 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 pm

On B-R we are 23rd in offensive rating.

15th in eFG%
27th in TOV%
7th in ORB%
3rd in FT/FGA

Improving ball control will go a long way. This should primarily come from Paolo, Suggs, and Cole. Franz and JI are both good here.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#107 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:12 pm

How I have felt about it since last year colorized.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,037

Post#108 » by KillMonger » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:27 am

Man, maybe that assistant leaving for the WNBA took all his plays with him
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,167

Post#109 » by zaymon » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:30 am

KillMonger wrote:Man, maybe that assistant leaving for the WNBA took all his plays with him

Wouldnt suprise me if he was coordinating our offense. We play worse looking offense with better personel this season. Could also be not having anyone who can handle the ball and make good decisions outside Ingles after Fultz broke mentally.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic