ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 65: Indiana Pacers (35-29) at Orlando Magic (37-27) - 6pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 65: Indiana Pacers (35-29) at Orlando Magic (37-27) - 6pm 

Post#481 » by pepe1991 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:23 am

It's not just Franz, he is just being scapegoated.
Paolo has higher usage rate ( from 30 to 32%) since allstar game, declined in efficiency ( to 53%), averages less PPG, RPG, APG, lower FG%, his 3% dropped to 31% but that does not stop him from shooting near 2 FGA per game more.

On top of all that, for 4,7 assists he turns the ball over 4 times.

In reality, both of them are overworked. That helps them round their box score and average "allstar numbers" but they simply do more than they should be doing at this stage of their careers.
Problem could have been solved weeks ago , but it wasn't when we decided to make no trades and keep quantity of usless guards with very little quality.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,509

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 65: Indiana Pacers (35-29) at Orlando Magic (37-27) - 6pm 

Post#482 » by jezzerinho » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:19 am

pepe1991 wrote:It's not just Franz, he is just being scapegoated.
Paolo has higher usage rate ( from 30 to 32%) since allstar game, declined in efficiency ( to 53%), averages less PPG, RPG, APG, lower FG%, his 3% dropped to 31% but that does not stop him from shooting near 2 FGA per game more.

On top of all that, for 4,7 assists he turns the ball over 4 times.

In reality, both of them are overworked. That helps them round their box score and average "allstar numbers" but they simply do more than they should be doing at this stage of their careers.
Problem could have been solved weeks ago , but it wasn't when we decided to make no trades and keep quantity of usless guards with very little quality.

Sad but true. Inactivity chickens are coming home to roost.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,635

Post#483 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:30 am

eyriq wrote:
Husky1 wrote:
Magicman125 wrote:
I agree about Ingles, Fultz, and Harris. But I think WCJ and Cole could still be useful, just further down the rotation than they are for us this year. They are also very tradeable contracts though, and I'm not super intent on keeping them. More of an "if the right deal presents itself" kind of feeling I have about them.

This is it. Im really low on WCJ and Cole (basically done with), but can get behind them on lesser role further down rotation. We can't possibly start WCJ as our C next year, its a tough watch. We need to upgrade that spot along with a decent PG. Fultz, Harris, Okeke and Ingles is over 40 million wasted money we can use to get a decent C and PG. Yikes that is a lot of money for the return they give us. Can we not sign a reliable Vet who's not completely cooked for once next year ? With Fultz, I feel like if he doesn't sign a vet min contract here then I can see him being completely out of league next year.
It's a ton of money and we should definitely consolidate. Just don't go star shopping. It'll be too disruptive. It comes at the expense of roster depth and chemistry.

I cant worry too much about depth when we don’t have a starting backcourt. Chemistry in the locker room and playing video games at Cole’s crib is nice…but on-court chemistry comes from complimentary skills. This roster has NO chemistry - lots of intriguing players but badly assembled. We worry too much about who are BFFs…these are professionals.

I think you also have to consider that these are the elite 400 players in the world- they aren’t here to be taught how to shoot & dribble.
Development is thrown around very optimistically…our young players certainly have to adapt to the speed, strength, and size of NBA players, but it’s pretty rare to just “develop” PG instincts or even a scorer’s mentality. Coaches can refine skills- but not remake players.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,268

Post#484 » by eyriq » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:08 pm

Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Husky1 wrote:This is it. Im really low on WCJ and Cole (basically done with), but can get behind them on lesser role further down rotation. We can't possibly start WCJ as our C next year, its a tough watch. We need to upgrade that spot along with a decent PG. Fultz, Harris, Okeke and Ingles is over 40 million wasted money we can use to get a decent C and PG. Yikes that is a lot of money for the return they give us. Can we not sign a reliable Vet who's not completely cooked for once next year ? With Fultz, I feel like if he doesn't sign a vet min contract here then I can see him being completely out of league next year.
It's a ton of money and we should definitely consolidate. Just don't go star shopping. It'll be too disruptive. It comes at the expense of roster depth and chemistry.

I cant worry too much about depth when we don’t have a starting backcourt. Chemistry in the locker room and playing video games at Cole’s crib is nice…but on-court chemistry comes from complimentary skills. This roster has NO chemistry - lots of intriguing players but badly assembled. We worry too much about who are BFFs…these are professionals.

I think you also have to consider that these are the elite 400 players in the world- they aren’t here to be taught how to shoot & dribble.
Development is thrown around very optimistically…our young players certainly have to adapt to the speed, strength, and size of NBA players, but it’s pretty rare to just “develop” PG instincts or even a scorer’s mentality. Coaches can refine skills- but not remake players.
Black's a PG. Bet
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,635

Post#485 » by Skybox » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:24 pm

eyriq wrote:
Skybox wrote:
eyriq wrote:It's a ton of money and we should definitely consolidate. Just don't go star shopping. It'll be too disruptive. It comes at the expense of roster depth and chemistry.

Black's a PG. Bet

I agree...someday

Return to Orlando Magic