ImageImageImageImage

Official 2023-2024 Magic General Season Thread II

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Re: Official 2023-2024 Magic General Season Thread II 

Post#41 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:21 pm

drsd wrote:Following the Magic's annual slide from games 20-40, since game 47 the Magic is 17-5 = 77% winning rate!

I wish I had a printout of our injury list thru that downward spiral.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,926

Post#42 » by drsd » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:02 pm

Here's a stat: assuming the Magic finishes with 49 or 50 wins, this will be the 9th best team in Magic history!
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,265

Post#43 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:18 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
drsd wrote:At a 0.6 winning rate and opponents at a 0.501 rate, over the last 12 games that sums to a 7-5 expectation and a 49-33 final record.

But: the Magic is winning at a 77% rate over the last 22 games (see above), so that win-rate would sum to 9 wins and a 51-31 record.

It is no longer "crazy" to believe that eyriq was correct in predicting 50 wins way, way back in game One.

Oh, no @eyriq.

Maybe I am the alt?
The NPC crisis
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,002

Post#44 » by p0peye » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:21 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
p0peye wrote:
eyriq wrote:It's not about what you but who ya know!

The only reason I considered 50 was because of the 2010 Thunder. If Paolo was generational and Franz was a star and Suggs was him we win 50. I guess that's the world we live in!

It was a common knowledge that Sixers, Cavs, Knicks, Pacers, Hornets and Bulls will have significant and numerous injuries with us being mostly healthy. Many bets were placed on us even having 60 win season, I hear.

Our green goblins have started a combined 84 games. Let's call them what they are. Our DNP-CD squad.

Two things can be true at the same time. If you want to say its because some other team had an injury. Ok Popeye, we have had injuries too.

Most certainly, but those injuries are Fultz (vast majority of games missed), Harris and WCJ. One would say those injuries resulted in what was a one of biggest win streaks in Magic history. If we're fully honest, you'd be hard pressed to find a fan celebrating Fultz's minutes on the floor today when he does play. Speaking about injuries I don't refer to Nets losing Ben Simmons. We never lost our Embiid, Randle, Mobley, Haliburton, Ball, etc. We were blessed this season (knock on wood) to have Paolo, Franz and Suggs barely miss games.
p0peye
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by p0peye » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:33 pm

drsd wrote:Here's a stat: assuming the Magic finishes with 49 or 50 wins, this will be the 9th best team in Magic history!

Is that fun or sad fact you are calling out?
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,722

Post#46 » by basketballRob » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:36 pm

Bill Simmons is talking about the Magic today. I haven't listened yet.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3cMrYSobWRGzPu6aZaxU9O?si=ZRTBCTTBSzOUHZ8kRqyEVA

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM mobile app
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#47 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:42 pm

p0peye wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
p0peye wrote:
It was a common knowledge that Sixers, Cavs, Knicks, Pacers, Hornets and Bulls will have significant and numerous injuries with us being mostly healthy. Many bets were placed on us even having 60 win season, I hear.

Our green goblins have started a combined 84 games. Let's call them what they are. Our DNP-CD squad.

Two things can be true at the same time. If you want to say its because some other team had an injury. Ok Popeye, we have had injuries too.

Most certainly, but those injuries are Fultz (vast majority of games missed), Harris and WCJ. One would say those injuries resulted in what was a one of biggest win streaks in Magic history. If we're fully honest, you'd be hard pressed to find a fan celebrating Fultz's minutes on the floor today when he does play.

If you rewound the forum. Nobody was walking into this season predicting this is the Fultz we would get. To the contrary, we thought he would play his butt off (he is arguably doing just that. I think I am watching medical malpractice when he plays)

Similarly, my point was that's just the starters though. You forget Isaac, Ingles, Harris on again off again.

We had a 13 game stretch where Mr Queen got significant minutes. The product on the floor was needless to say "dreadful".

I get it, Paolo did not go down for 3 months. How dare you jinx us implying that perhaps we deserved for him to go down for the sake of basketball parity.

This "common knowledge" that we are mostly healthy beating up on injured teams is kinda a misnomer. We had a losing record the 2 months (which was also the hardest schedule months) we were dealing with injuries from various contributing players.
p0peye
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by p0peye » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:53 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
p0peye wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:

Most certainly, but those injuries are Fultz (vast majority of games missed), Harris and WCJ. One would say those injuries resulted in what was a one of biggest win streaks in Magic history. If we're fully honest, you'd be hard pressed to find a fan celebrating Fultz's minutes on the floor today when he does play.

If you rewound the forum. Nobody was walking into this season predicting this is the Fultz we would get. To the contrary, we thought he would play his butt off (he is arguably doing just that. I think I am watching medical malpractice when he plays)

Similarly, my point was that's just the starters though. You forget Isaac, Ingles, Harris on again off again.

We had a 13 game stretch where Mr Queen got significant minutes. The product on the floor was needless to say "dreadful".

I get it, Paolo did not go down for 3 months. How dare you jinx us implying that perhaps we deserved for him to go down for the sake of basketball parity.

This "common knowledge" that we are mostly healthy beating up on injured teams is kinda a misnomer. We had a losing record the 2 months (which was also the hardest schedule months) we were dealing with injuries from various contributing players.

I didn't forget Harris, he is mentioned in my response and Isaac and Ingles are 15mpg players on a good day. Our Jan/Feb record was due to hard schedule playing many teams from West and healthy Sixers and Cavs.

We should celebrate 4th seed capture as it is greatest accomplishment in last 12 years. But we are not a good team yet and unless we improve in offseason, we will face adversity going forward.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#49 » by zaymon » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:37 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:

This is exactly how i predicted Fultz would look like but nobody wanted to listen. I said his shooting late in the season last year was fluke and his interview showed how much energy every attempt costs him. Last time he was in a contract year he tore his acl after very bad start and i never saw person so happy after such awful injury. This year it was clear, especially after we didnt extend him. All signs pointed to whats happening right now like 2+2=4. Guy have big mental problem and that last interview said he is angry every time he hears its mental. Well thats the reaction of every person with mental problem. Guys like Suggs just mention it without problem and move forward, guys like Fultz just surrender and detach from reality.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#50 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:48 pm

If Magic finish strong and have homecourt advantage in round 1, Mosley should be coach of the year!! No debate.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:09 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:If Magic finish strong and have homecourt advantage in round 1, Mosley should be coach of the year!! No debate.
On top of that, I think it's reasonable to expect a competitive series with whoever we face.
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,783

Post#52 » by Audi » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 pm

zaymon wrote:This is exactly how i predicted Fultz would look like but nobody wanted to listen.

No. You didn't. You didn't believe his three point shooting was for real - along with quite a few other posters here. Congrats. Not even close to the same as predicting setbacks we've seen.

zaymon wrote:Last time he was in a contract year he tore his acl after very bad start and i never saw person so happy after such awful injury.

Lol. So he was happy to tear his ACL now? Wtf is this? What's your vendetta here? Where did the bad Markelle touch you?

zaymon wrote:Guy have big mental problem and that last interview said he is angry every time he hears its mental. Well thats the reaction of every person with mental problem. Guys like Suggs just mention it without problem and move forward, guys like Fultz just surrender and detach from reality.

You are so off base I honestly have to wonder if you one day decided to just troll on everything Fultz related. Are you clowning everyone? For real man - be honest.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#53 » by RookieStar » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:07 pm

drsd wrote:Here's a stat: assuming the Magic finishes with 49 or 50 wins, this will be the 9th best team in Magic history!

Any Magic team without Diener will never be a top Magic team for me...
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by eyriq » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:28 pm

Strong case for Paolo to make an All NBA team

Read on Twitter
?t=OAdbvpmxtR3O08wWvsbo0Q&s=19
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,516

Post#55 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:36 pm

eyriq wrote:Strong case for Paolo to make an All NBA team

Read on Twitter

I havent thought about this until yesterday but it seems like he should make it.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#56 » by swarlesbarkley » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:54 pm

eyriq wrote:Strong case for Paolo to make an All NBA team

Read on Twitter

In a recent podcast, Bill Simmons said he currently has Paolo as 3rd team all NBA.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,018

Post#57 » by KillMonger » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:43 am

Read on Twitter
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,160

Post#58 » by zaymon » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:22 am

Audi wrote:
zaymon wrote:This is exactly how i predicted Fultz would look like but nobody wanted to listen.

No. You didn't. You didn't believe his three point shooting was for real - along with quite a few other posters here. Congrats. Not even close to the same as predicting setbacks we've seen.

zaymon wrote:Last time he was in a contract year he tore his acl after very bad start and i never saw person so happy after such awful injury.

Lol. So he was happy to tear his ACL now? Wtf is this? What's your vendetta here? Where did the bad Markelle touch you?

zaymon wrote:Guy have big mental problem and that last interview said he is angry every time he hears its mental. Well thats the reaction of every person with mental problem. Guys like Suggs just mention it without problem and move forward, guys like Fultz just surrender and detach from reality.

You are so off base I honestly have to wonder if you one day decided to just troll on everything Fultz related. Are you clowning everyone? For real man - be honest.

You are the one poster here who i dont see any reason to discuss about Fultz. You are wrong every time and i see zero chance you will change your mind. We can discuss any other topic.
You read that his MRI is clear and every doctor said he is fine as proof of injury. You write nonsense about his shoulder injury this year without even team mentioning it once. You see no dissonance that team list his problem as knee tendinitis and his explosive athletecism is as good as ever. Shoulder doesnt prevent him from dunking with force but prevents him from shooting. You see no false when you hear he says he is a great creator and his shooting is fine. You dont listen when teammates say he has his own thing going on but never mention injury.
You are also living in your own world.
Also dont act like i have something against Markelle. He seems like good person, and i wish him well. Its painful to watch how he cant accept reality. If you dont see the problem you cant solve it.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#59 » by SOUL » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:31 pm

I like this guy's content, starts at about 1:10:00.

Shows so many little things that happen in the game and schemes/intentions and all the minutiae which goes overlooked in games.. which is why I get so annoyed sometimes about just little things people say who just look at the score or makes or misses and assume X Y Z.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,638

Post#60 » by SOUL » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Orlando Magic