ImageImageImageImage

NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion)

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,782

Re: NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion) 

Post#1401 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 am

Wow...BOS laying the smack down on MIA.

no playoff miracles without Butler on the floor.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,782

Post#1402 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:26 am

basketballRob wrote:There is hardly any national attention from podcasts today. I checked the Lowe podcast, and they talked about the Cavs for 6 minutes and not a word about the Magic. The Windhorst show didn't even bring up the series when going over all the series.

I don't buy that Lowe shows any love towards the Magic. The few times that I've heard him talk about the Magic, it seems like a chore that he has to do. Simmons is the only one that gives the Magic respect. I think that stems from the Magic beating the Celtics in b2b games last season and winning the last 4-6 against the Celtics.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

I listen to Lowe religiously. I think it's the best pod I've found and he's a fan of what's shaking down here. He hasn't said much about the playoff series, but he's supportive of ORL all season. Honestly, it seems like his pods have dropped on the wrong days for us lately..so he tends to go with the freshest results. I listen to Windhorst every time as well, but he's such a know-nothing blowhard...he has lots of good guests, including his two regulars, Bontemps & McMahon, who are always funny and insightful. I want to smack Windhorst for his constant speaking over everyone and shutting them down mid-sentence...It's HIS show, but I don't think he personally brings much insight.
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,675

Post#1403 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:31 am

Where is spo mastermind game plan in this one???
GO MAGIC
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 38,075

Post#1404 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:35 am

basketballRob wrote:There is hardly any national attention from podcasts today. I checked the Lowe podcast, and they talked about the Cavs for 6 minutes and not a word about the Magic. The Windhorst show didn't even bring up the series when going over all the series.

I don't buy that Lowe shows any love towards the Magic. The few times that I've heard him talk about the Magic, it seems like a chore that he has to do. Simmons is the only one that gives the Magic respect. I think that stems from the Magic beating the Celtics in b2b games last season and winning the last 4-6 against the Celtics.

Lowe did talk about the Magic today with Bobby Marks and constantly talks about them.

Simmons is the one who would begrudgingly talk about the Magic until Ceruti was on the show and he started to like our defense because we always beat the Celtics.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,558

Post#1405 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:36 am

Skybox wrote:

I listen to Lowe religiously. I think it's the best pod I've found and he's a fan of what's shaking down here. He hasn't said much about the playoff series, but he's supportive of ORL all season. Honestly, it seems like his pods have dropped on the wrong days for us lately..so he tends to go with the freshest results. I listen to Windhorst every time as well, but he's such a know-nothing blowhard...he has lots of good guests, including his two regulars, Bontemps & McMahon, who are always funny and insightful. I want to smack Windhorst for his constant speaking over everyone and shutting them down mid-sentence...It's HIS show, but I don't think he personally brings much insight.
I listen to those as well. My absolute favorite national pod is No Dunks. They do the best job covering us from a national perspective as well.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,197

Post#1406 » by rcklsscognition » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:45 am

I’m debating gouging my eyes out having to watch Miami and whatever this excuse for basketball is I’m seeing in New Orleans.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1407 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:47 am

rcklsscognition wrote:I’m debating gouging my eyes out having to watch Miami and whatever this excuse for basketball is I’m seeing in New Orleans.
I like the Pelicans team a lot.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

NBA Playoffs Thread (non-Magic games discussion) 

Post#1408 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 am

https://youtu.be/StSYQVt5DS8?si=IT0jpf704XWAErYY

Chuck trolling NO the other night, not sending them to Cancun, sending them driving to Galveston and that dirty water
aka: prorl
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,912

Post#1409 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:06 am

Skybox wrote:

I always get the vibe it's part of his job, which is why he talks about the Magic. I disagree that he has any interest.

Vecenie seems like a legit fan now. He had Suggs #2 in that draft, and he follows him. He breaks down a bunch of possessions against the Cavs.

https://www.youtube.com/live/xNVk6P4MyQc?feature=shared

SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1410 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:17 am

Zach Lowe literally had a "love letter to the Orlando Magic" segment on ESPN and has written multiple articles on us over the years that no other ESPN person was touching. Not sure the "vibe" you're getting but it's just off.

He was one of the few people also bringing up Isaac's defense on ESPN as well.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,912

Post#1411 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:29 am

SOUL wrote:Zach Lowe literally had a "love letter to the Orlando Magic" segment on ESPN and has written multiple articles on us over the years that no other ESPN person was touching. Not sure the "vibe" you're getting but it's just off.

He was one of the few people also bringing up Isaac's defense on ESPN as well.
It seems fake to me. He promotes every team at some point.

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,270

Post#1412 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:02 am

Honestly think Denver is bored with playing LA.
aka: prorl
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1413 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:08 am

OKC with the sweep. I'll be rooting for Mavs or Clippers #ThunderHater
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,383

Post#1414 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:28 am

Jamal is most clutch player ever? LIke, it's unreal. Make this guy all nba , it's not too late.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,576

Post#1415 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:29 am

Nuggets vs Wolves going to be a good series.
Trade for Trae
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,231

Post#1416 » by cedric76 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:44 am

No dray, no ledouche, no KD, all the douchbags have been eliminated

Loving those playoffs
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 594

Post#1417 » by MasterGMer » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:57 am

Man, Lakers was close...
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,383

Post#1418 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:11 am

MasterGMer wrote:Man, Lakers was close...

Lakers lost 2 out of 5 games on defacto buzzerbeaters... :crazy:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1419 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:18 am

Read on Twitter
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,576

Post#1420 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:20 am

SOUL wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah.....we deserve to win this series
Trade for Trae

Return to Orlando Magic