ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 72: Golden State Warriors (37-34) at Orlando Magic (42-29) - 7pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,031

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 72: Golden State Warriors (37-34) at Orlando Magic (42-29) - 7pm 

Post#781 » by KillMonger » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am

CocoaFan wrote:
KillMonger wrote:Do we not have a better option than Joe Ingles? Cooked

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
Yeah. I thought Ingles played way too long in the 4th and we would have had a better chance if Suggs would have come in sooner.
That's the strange thing, about this time of year playoff teams start to shorten their rotations. It's about time we do that as well, Suggs only average about 28 minutes a game... Playoffs that needs to rise to about 35 minutes per..... Franz as well, he's at 32 minutes, he needs to be at 35 as well... Joe Ingles minutes needs to be cut in the playoffs... If up to me he wouldn't play at all in the playoffs

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,528

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 72: Golden State Warriors (37-34) at Orlando Magic (42-29) - 7pm 

Post#782 » by DiplomaticMagic » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 am

Ive been a defender of Ingles but his minutes today made no sense, he didnt do anything all game and was rewarded with some of his highest minutes of the season.

Its **** insane how bad Fultz and Wendell are now. Wendell might not even be a positive asset anymore. Im done with both of them. Like this team would be better if they had season ending injuries (would never wish that but damn) and we played Goga and AB instead.

AB makes some rookie mistakes. But I still think he deserves minutes.

That 24 sec violation at the end of the game was **** brutal and absolutely inexcusable. This team is just not that good. We dont beat good teams.

Also why are we so bad with multiple days of rest??? This team has a chance for something special and they lay an egg like this. **** garbage.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,651

Post#783 » by SOUL » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 am

All of the bench had a lot of minutes because the starters were like -30 in the minutes they were playing. Were people watching?

But ideally, yes, when both units are playing well, Ingles needs less minutes.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#784 » by The-Stallion70 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

Cole Anthony Provin' y'all wrong!!!!!
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
dsg2021
Analyst
And1: 1,040

Post#785 » by dsg2021 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

- Credit to Cole Anthony and the Bench. Yet again.

- Shrug it off, Magic and Magic Starters! That was up there for potentially the worst game of the year. Can only go up.

- I still say the same thing I said last game, that Jeff said in the telecast too, Paolo needs to dribble down & post up these smaller defenders, he needs to commit fully to some drives and post ups. He could still work on positioning in defense like JJ Redick learned to do over time. And tighten his handle more. Doesn't need to change his shot one bit though, I think it's more practicing the mechanics of this season like the arc and release speed that worked the most often. Still an amazing season for him. Just find the MonStar who stole his basketball skill tonight.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#786 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:29 am

I'm starting to fear what happends if next year Isaac goes back to his injury prone self and we are left starters without bailout team.

Our bench had 49 out of 93 points, 17 out of 25 assists & shot 19-35 FG (54%) - 8/16 for 3

Is there any reasons to even comment starters? No. I won't.

But maaaaaaaan. Green ejects himself in 4th min, Kuminga ( who has been their 3rd best player, at some nights the best player ) is out, Klay & Curry have meh games and yet you can't score damn 100 points? You have 37 points at half ?

Oh on top of that "home game" is game where Steph Curry is getting standing ovations every time he recives a ball and fans going crazy for opposing player doing "putting to sleep " celebration :banghead:

best part of a night:
Brandon Miller
Kawhi Leonard
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,298

Post#787 » by pepe1991 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:54 am

non basketball question: what a hell is wrong with Draymoond?
I have never seen player, or person for that matter, that gets worst, behavior vise, with age. Normally your craziness goes down with testosterone drop after 30s.... Dude is out of control. Will probably get cought up in some BS after his career is over.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#788 » by Tarheel » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:31 am

pepe1991 wrote:non basketball question: what a hell is wrong with Draymoond?
I have never seen player, or person for that matter, that gets worst, behavior vise, with age. Normally your craziness goes down with testosterone drop after 30s.... Dude is out of control. Will probably get cought up in some BS after his career is over.

Steroids? He definitely shows roid-rage tendencies. Combine that with the way he used to miraculously get in shape for the playoffs every year and I think there's definitely something going on there.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,930

Post#789 » by drsd » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

Boxscore thoughts:

The Magic lost the FG% battle and lost the game.
But that fails to tell the story, as Orlando's FG% defense was good and 3-ballFG% defense was elite.

Yes the Magic would have wont he game with better offensive execution. But some times the ball doesn't drop. I accept that Fultz and Suggs combining for 8 points in a collective 41 minutes played is bad. And that the 3-12 shooting line was unacceptable.

But from a box-score perspective this game was still winnable if Orland had improved on these two things:
1) FT%. The Magic missed 10 free throws. In a game decided y 8 points, the 52.4% charity line is itself very troubling.
2) Rebounding differential. Orlando was outrebounded by 13. That led to 5 additional FG attempts by the Warriors.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,005

Post#790 » by p0peye » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:56 am

Knightro wrote:This Franz stuff is goofy.

2PT% is up (and is ELITE for a wing).
FT attempts are up.
Rebounding is up
Assists are up.
Turnovers are down.

People are just getting too lost in the sauce on his 3PT percentage.

Yes, it's a very important thing.

Yes, it has has nose dived this season.

But some of y'all are acting like he's actively bad now and he's literally better at every single thing that isn't 3PT shooting.

The Magic are 39-25 when he plays and 3-5 when he doesn't and he has a +3.4 NET rating.

2PT% can trick you into different conclusions.

Franz is elite at finishing around basket (0-3 feet) where he shoots north of 70%. He has great footwork and excels at eurostepping and pivoting his way into layups and small hooks.

He is shooting 46% from 3 to 10 feet which is not good and probably below average considering that players like Haliburton and Zubac shoot above 60%, while Larry Nance Jr, Keegan Murray, Ausar Thompson, Harrison Barnes and similar are shooting around 54% or better. I am leaving out centers and guys like Luka, KD, Kawhi and other bigger names that shoot that good as well. Incidentally, Caleb Houston has best percentage in the league in this range, shooting 66.7% on a very low volume.

Franz practically does not shoot above 10 feet mark (only 6% of his shots come from this area).

If a defence can wall him off from say 6ft of the basket, Franz is done in that possession and will probably hunt for a back door cut playing off Paolo iso if Paolo can get him the ball there.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#791 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

pepe1991 wrote:I'm starting to fear what happends if next year Isaac goes back to his injury prone self and we are left starters without bailout team.

Our bench had 49 out of 93 points, 17 out of 25 assists & shot 19-35 FG (54%) - 8/16 for 3

Is there any reasons to even comment starters? No. I won't.

But maaaaaaaan. Green ejects himself in 4th min, Kuminga ( who has been their 3rd best player, at some nights the best player ) is out, Klay & Curry have meh games and yet you can't score damn 100 points? You have 37 points at half ?

Oh on top of that "home game" is game where Steph Curry is getting standing ovations every time he recives a ball and fans going crazy for opposing player doing "putting to sleep " celebration :banghead:

best part of a night:
Brandon Miller
Kawhi Leonard

After Steph made that last 3 apparently he kicked and destroyed a chair on the sideline, I can’t respect that. Who does stupid stuff like that?
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,184

Post#792 » by Optimus_Steel » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

He is a psycho. There was no reason for him to react the way he did and then once he did he couldn’t let it go. He has no control whatsoever.
aka: prorl
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#793 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 am

The-Stallion70 wrote:Cole Anthony Provin' y'all wrong!!!!!

where has Cole been the rest of the year? only saves it up for 1 game?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,112

Post#794 » by tiderulz » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:35 am

Tarheel wrote:

Steroids? He definitely shows roid-rage tendencies. Combine that with the way he used to miraculously get in shape for the playoffs every year and I think there's definitely something going on there.

and entitlement. No ref has stopped him before, the league really hasnt done anything. Just like when i ref my kids games, the kids will push the envelope until the ref stops them. let them play physical, they play more physical until you stop them. dont call some cheap shots, more will come. the NBA has let Draymond get away with his play and antics for years, so why would he change. he has become a millionaire doing it
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,727

Post#795 » by basketballRob » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

We are definitely better with Harris, who can defend and spread the floor.

We've really only played well in 2 games that I can remember since the all-star break. Charlotte and New Orleans.
Fortune Teller
Sophomore
And1: 153

Post#796 » by Fortune Teller » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:44 pm

I see Fultz got the chance to start and really made the most of it.

16 minutes, 4 points, 1 rebound, ZERO ASSISTS, ZERO FT ATTEMPTS, ZERO 3-PT ATTEMPTS

Sixth season on the roster, second-highest paid player on the team. No other team in the league would ever.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,013

Post#797 » by MagicMatic » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:52 pm

Rainwater wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Knightro wrote:
You might as well just say it :lol:

Big feelings tonight.

You should be looking more at players that know better and Weltman actually filling out a roster. Fultz shouldn’t be on the floor, there is literally no point. Carter doesn’t fit. This was obvious more than halfway through Paolo’s rookie season.

I agree with you on most things but I can’t agree on this Fultz and Goga lineup. I have never been a Fultz fan. I thought Fultz should have been traded at the deadline but I guess the organization preferred his expiring contract. But with Harris gone he is unfortunately the best option to start. Even a better option than Black.

And I know you may think Carter may not fit but he is basically playing to spread the floor.

I really do expect many moves to be made in the offseason with all the cap space they have.

Mosely had the correct starting lineup on the floor to close out the game, so I know he’s not as stupid as his actual starting lineup suggested.

Cole/Suggs/Franz/Paolo/Isaac

Play your best players available and stop being so cute about “units”. You are a team looking to make the playoffs and not a previous contender with a defined rotation. Not really that complicated.

Yeah Carter can hit shots. He also turns the ball over a bunch and causes a ton of wasted possessions on offense which makes it almost not even worth plugging him into those lineups.
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,571

Post#798 » by Bergmaniac » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

The annoying thing about this loss is that the Warriors didn't even play that well, their offense was struggling during long periods of the game, they shot poorly from 3, Curry was subpar until the last minute or so, they had some idiotic turnovers, but we kept bailing them out with bad misses and poor rebounding. Paolo and Suggs had a nightmare and Franz wasn't much better. Fultz...I still have no idea why he is still playing, he tries hard, but he just doesn't have it now. Coel And Isaac kept in the game with help from Ingles and Moe (in the second half, he was quite bad in the first half though he also on the end of some terrible calls by the refs).

Harris' impact has always been underrated on this board, his boxscore is nothing special, but since he's been here we've usually played quite a bit better with him on the court, especially when he is a starter. We are 31-15 in the games he's played this year and 15-4 in the games he started. This is somewhat skewed by the easy schedule of the largest stretch he played as a starter, but it's still indicative of his impact. The starting lineup was crushing it after ASB when he played and we rarely got into a hole in the first 7-8 minuites of the games unlike most of the season. The Harris-Suggs-Wendell-Paolo-Franz starting lineup has +7.9 net rating in the first quarter while the other two most used starting lineups this season are -6.6 and -10.3 respectively, not having to dig ourselves out of holes early on was very important for the good streak.

But mostly our stars need to be better.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,284

Post#799 » by eyriq » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:34 pm

Bergmaniac wrote:The annoying thing about this loss is that the Warriors didn't even play that well, their offense was struggling during long periods of the game, they shot poorly from 3, Curry was subpar until the last minute or so, they had some idiotic turnovers, but we kept bailing them out with bad misses and poor rebounding. Paolo and Suggs had a nightmare and Franz wasn't much better. Fultz...I still have no idea why he is still playing, he tries hard, but he just doesn't have it now. Coel And Isaac kept in the game with help from Ingles and Moe (in the second half, he was quite bad in the first half though he also on the end of some terrible calls by the refs).

Harris' impact has always been underrated on this board, his boxscore is nothing special, but since he's been here we've usually played quite a bit better with him on the court, especially when he is a starter. We are 31-15 in the games he's played this year and 15-4 in the games he started. This is somewhat skewed by the easy schedule of the largest stretch he played as a starter, but it's still indicative of his impact. The starting lineup was crushing it after ASB when he played and we rarely got into a hole in the first 7-8 minuites of the games unlike most of the season. The Harris-Suggs-Wendell-Paolo-Franz starting lineup has +7.9 net rating in the first quarter while the other two most used starting lineups this season are -6.6 and -10.3 respectively, not having to dig ourselves out of holes early on was very important for the good streak.

That Harris impact analysis is based on all noise, no signal. Last year it was Fultz getting carried by this type of thinking, now it's Harris? Franz and Paolo are the common denominators. Suggs has replaced Fultz and WCJ as the clear #3. Harris is irrelevant.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,636

Post#800 » by Skybox » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:41 pm

eyriq wrote:
Bergmaniac wrote:The annoying thing about this loss is that the Warriors didn't even play that well, their offense was struggling during long periods of the game, they shot poorly from 3, Curry was subpar until the last minute or so, they had some idiotic turnovers, but we kept bailing them out with bad misses and poor rebounding. Paolo and Suggs had a nightmare and Franz wasn't much better. Fultz...I still have no idea why he is still playing, he tries hard, but he just doesn't have it now. Coel And Isaac kept in the game with help from Ingles and Moe (in the second half, he was quite bad in the first half though he also on the end of some terrible calls by the refs).

That Harris impact analysis is based on all noise, no signal. Last year it was Fultz getting carried by this type of thinking, now it's Harris? Franz and Paolo are the common denominators. Suggs has replaced Fultz and WCJ as the clear #3. Harris is irrelevant.

Harris looks great...relative to all of our guards but Suggs :nonono: That's not Harris' fault-it's Weltman's

Return to Orlando Magic