ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#401 » by drsd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:25 pm

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,041

Post#402 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:37 am

Skin wrote:JGK

Just Gimme Klay
Pass

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,037

Post#403 » by MagicMatic » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:28 am

Just Gimme Klay

Nothing says Magic target like overpaying a 34 year old who’s days are long behind him.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,041

Post#404 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:08 am

MagicMatic wrote:

Just Gimme Klay

Nothing says Magic target like overpaying a 34 year old who’s days are long behind him.
Like rashard all over again..... Or like Vince carter..... Or like Gilbert Arenas..... It would very much be magic tradition to do so lol

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM

Post#405 » by drsd » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:12 am

The more I think about this, the more perfect the fit of Anfernee Simons is to him, this roster and the salary situation of this team.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,196

Post#406 » by cedric76 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:57 am

drsd wrote:The more I think about this, the more perfect the fit of Anfernee Simons is to him, this roster and the salary situation of this team.

What is perfect about it?

Our defense is built for multi positional Defenders, PG13, Murray,KCP,Caruso are the ones that fit perfectly imo
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
drsd
RealGM

Post#407 » by drsd » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:06 am

cedric76 wrote:
drsd wrote:The more I think about this, the more perfect the fit of Anfernee Simons is to him, this roster and the salary situation of this team.

Our defense is built for multi positional Defenders, PG13, Murray,KCP,Caruso are the ones that fit perfectly imo

Defense is all about schemes. This is all about not being unacceptably bad on offense. Here in the UK, the word Rubish comes to mind.

And yes I would be happy with most of the players on your list. Murray would be great. And a Caruso / Suggs backcourt would be kind of fun.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#408 » by tiderulz » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:01 pm

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Defense is all about schemes. This is all about not being unacceptably bad on offense. Here in the UK, the word Rubish comes to mind.

And yes I would be happy with most of the players on your list. Murray would be great. And a Caruso / Suggs backcourt would be kind of fun.

Caruso is a role player. at age 29, finally scored in double figures at 10 ppg. decent 3pt shooter at 38%. but cmon, he is a bench SG on any contending team. his best role would be first wing off the bench. Get me a PG/SG that you can trust to go for 15-20 a night when you need them to.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,818

Post#409 » by thelead » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:09 pm

tiderulz wrote:
drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:

Caruso is a role player. at age 29, finally scored in double figures at 10 ppg. decent 3pt shooter at 38%. but cmon, he is a bench SG on any contending team. his best role would be first wing off the bench. Get me a PG/SG that you can trust to go for 15-20 a night when you need them to.

Why not both? This team needs multiple roster replacements.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,740

Post#410 » by basketballRob » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:50 pm

The Bulls said they aren't trading Caruso during the trade deadline.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,646

Post#411 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:17 pm

he's a better, longer, younger version of Monk (who is also good) and Monk will likely command a similar deal. Both are good, but I put Simons 3pt shooting on a more elite level. I prefer to trade out some salary too, that leaves ORL with more cap room for a Center upgrade and/or breathing room for extensions to come (even if we took a good chunk of Simons into cap space - with a pick based offer, we could just keep Ingles, add another vet or two in place of our outgoing guys). Ideally, though, we send out salary (WCJ, Cole?) along with picks for Simons and go get Claxton or Hartenstein with pure cap space :nod:

I think this improves both teams overnight and for longer run...
ORL sends: Wendell Carter, Jett Howard
POR sends: Anfernee Simons
(POR gets a versatile young big that can play with and without Ayton, and a younger, bigger, rookie scale, high-upside scorer that might even replace Simons' impact as the backcourt trends towards Scoot/Sharpe. ORL gets a perfect fit - explosive 3-level second option scorer who can handle and create enough to form a very capable 2-way backcourt with Suggs while still retaining cap space)

*Let them walk...Fultz, Harris, Okeke, Goga, possibly Ingles...fill out roster with Claxton, Kyle Anderson, Kris Dunn types

Claxton, Isaac, Mo *as we know, Isaac can bounce all over the lineup as needed
Banchero, Anderson
Franz, Houstan, frp (or trade it for vet or keep Ingles)
Suggs, Cole, Queen or Kevon
Simons, Black, Dunn or even McClung
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,306

Post#412 » by eyriq » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:48 pm

How could our off-season plans change based on information gathered over the next 3 to 10+ games?

I mean, a lot could happen.

- Four teams in the play-in will miss the playoffs
- Some cash strapped teams are going to flame out, like the Wolves, Warriors, Suns, Clippers, Sixers, Bulls, and Lakers
- Some Magic players are going to step up while others will wither

I think this off-season will be quite active, with potentially a wave of talent moving West to East.

We are set up to be buyers.
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 56

Post#413 » by CocoaFan » Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:40 pm

eyriq wrote:

Just Gimme Klay
I think I'm here too, even over Claxton.
The only problem I have with Klay is now you've spent all your cap space on a short term fix and we don't get a long term asset to add to the future when we're going to need it.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,646

Post#414 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:27 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Just Gimme Klay
The only problem I have with Klay is now you've spent all your cap space on a short term fix and we don't get a long term asset to add to the future when we're going to need it.

Just smells like a bitter retirement parade...like MJ in WAS...sideshow more than building a contender.

I'd MUCH prefer it to another season of "organic development" but not my first (or fifth) direction
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 667

Post#415 » by RichCollab » Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:53 pm

Open / Black / Open
Suggs / Cole / Harris
Franz/ Ingles / Jett
Paolo / Moe / Open
JI / WCJ / 1st Draft pick
drsd
RealGM

Post#416 » by drsd » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:54 pm

eyriq wrote:How could our off-season plans change based on information gathered over the next 3 to 10+ games?

I mean, a lot could happen.

- Four teams in the play-in will miss the playoffs
- Some cash strapped teams are going to flame out, like the Wolves, Warriors, Suns, Clippers, Sixers, Bulls, and Lakers
- Some Magic players are going to step up while others will wither

I think this off-season will be quite active, with potentially a wave of talent moving West to East.

We are set up to be buyers.

ANd-1

If the Magic make the 2nd round of the playoffs, I expect a similar roster to return next season. Heck: even though it will trigger me, I wouldn't be surprised if the Magic resigned G-Harris.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#417 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:04 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Just Gimme Klay

No way in hell Magic spend big money on Klay. They thinking long term, not next season. Klay is a two years away from being the next Lowry.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#418 » by Skin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:22 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
eyriq wrote:

Just Gimme Klay

Short term is what makes him good. He won't tie up our cap for a long time. A 3 year deal with a 4th year Team Option seems good. He'll be coming off contract as Paolo's extension comes in. That's a good win now window for the short term. Klay's game doesn't rely on explosive movement. He will age nicely.

We need finishing pieces. The path to NBA championship contention doesn't have to take 5 years. We don't need to wait for Paolo and Franz to reach the end of the rookie contracts. They are already knocking on the door in Paolo's 2nd year. We need guys who can come in and help us push that door down. It can happen soon. It doesn't have to be years down the line. Esp if you bring in a guy who knows what a championship team plays like.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
Residual-Heat
Sixth Man
And1: 1,002

Post#419 » by Residual-Heat » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:42 pm

I dont think Mosley will be able to use Klay as well as the warriors and Kerr can. I fear he will be an overpaid 15 PPG defensive liability. I'd pass on Klay.

Get me Dejounte Murray and maybe Nic Claxton or Hartenstein.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,168

Post#420 » by zaymon » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:59 am

Getting Klay without getting point guard is pointless. Why have shooters when you dont have enough playmaking to create shots for them ? I like building around Paolo and Franz but they are not good creating shots for others, especially spot up shooters.
Getting point guard and rim protector are #1 and #2 priorities. Getting someone like Klay is at best #3 priority.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Orlando Magic