ImageImageImageImage

Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,065

Re: Official Summer 2024 Magic Free Agency and Trade Ideas Thread 4.0 

Post#1221 » by p0peye » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:04 pm

I don't think our bench is the issue, we need scorer in starting unit and it should be a PG. I would knock at Warriors door to see how many picks it would take to pry Curry away from them, or Bucks for Lillard. As lower impact trades, you can always explore trades with Atlanta, but not sure Murray can score enough or in Trae case - enough to make up for compromizing our defense. Even lower impacts would be FA signings like DLo. Not sure if Kings would trade Fox, but hey - they are Kings, which means it could happen.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,261

Post#1222 » by MagicMatic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:know who I've liked, that I'd probably give our 1st this year for?
AYO DOSUNMU.
Good defensive player
Can handle the ball well, would be nice next to Suggs
Shot 50% from the floor, 40% from 3. look at his post all-star stats this year.
Kind of been stuck behind LaVine, White, DeRozen, Caruso and Ball.
CHI could use the draft capital.

Probably the most realistic acquisition in a sea of delusion.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,838

Post#1223 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:dude was 9 ppg 9 rpb as a starter, how big an offer do you think he gets?

And 3.1 assists. And 1.3 steals. And 1.24 blocks. And he posted a .689 TS%.

He was also graded out as the 2nd best/2nd most impactful defensive player in the entire NBA behind... Jonathan Isaac.

If the Magic signed Hartenstein, they'd have...

#1 Defensive EPM - Isaac
#2 Defensive EPM - Hartenstein
#11 Defensive EPM - Suggs
#21 Defensive EPM - Franz

That's an identity if I've ever seen one.

I'm very interested in Hartenstein as it would free up the ability to trade Carter as necessary.
three3d
Junior
And1: 72

Post#1224 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:15 pm

What would LeBron look look like along side Paolo and Franz for two seasons in Orlando? What if it only took Orlando throwing a pick by drafting Bronny to make it happen? I think 2 seasons with LeBron gets us a championship because of who LeBron could get to come team up with him.

To take it one step further no NBA player has ever won a championship with 4 different teams. You wanna put an exclamation mark on your legacy LeBron you win a championship for your league leading 4th club and one for a city that has never won a championship.
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#1225 » by CocoaFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

Knightro wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:Slightly better version of Cole Anthony? Come on

Cole's best season (last year) was VERY comparable to Monk's last two really good seasons with Sacramento.

The only way I'd sign Monk would be if I am convinced he has another level to reach as a starting lead guard. Otherwise, I'm not paying 25M for a 6th man.

The problem is our cap space has an expiration date and Monk seems to be the best option out there unless we make a trade and give up assets. Monk is not a perfect solution for what we need but if we don't use that cap space it's going to be gone on player extensions.
CocoaFan
Sophomore
And1: 69

Post#1226 » by CocoaFan » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:25 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=OrSnWdXA9Qp67vixt6y10A&s=19
Hell no. Magic would be insane to pay $50M/year for a broken down player. We've experienced that before.
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,445

Post#1227 » by GelbeWand09 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:28 pm

Skybox wrote:
basketballRob wrote:
Knightro wrote:
I’m not saying the Magic are definitely going to sign him, but Hartenstein is in the same boat as Monk in the respect that the Knicks only have his early bird rights and are capped on what they can offer him.

If someone comes in with a much bigger offer…
I think OKC is the favorite to sign him.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Based on nothing...What is Hartenstein's role on the German national team? The chemistry he might share with the Wagners could play in. Certainly, they would have intimate knowledge of how he'd fit on the court and locker room...That's really good intel to make that decision. Listening to how the bros grew up in that program learning to "play the right way" matters.

Hart's numbers are somewhat pedestrian but I read recently that he's known for tooth-rattling picks and fighting for boards on both ends...I didn't realize his defensive rating was so elite...consider me intrigued.

He rarely played for Germany since being a adult because he was long time in the g-leaque or on shortdeals & the Rockets didnt wanted him to play and instead work on his game. The last 2+ years he wasnt nominated because the german players had to give a commitment to play the next 3 years for germany (wc quali, wc, olympia) & because of his contract status he coudnt do that. He probably wont be nominated for Olympia too.
I think he never played with Franz in the national Team. Only with Moe long time a go.

I kinda doubt he is a realistic option. He choose New York over us last offseason already.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,952

Post#1228 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:35 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=OrSnWdXA9Qp67vixt6y10A&s=19
Hell no. Magic would be insane to pay $50M/year for a broken down player. We've experienced that before.
I agree. Why would we blow up the team to trade for a player that has a terrible contract?

JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#1229 » by JBSouthpaw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm

CocoaFan wrote:
Knightro wrote:
CocoaFan wrote:Slightly better version of Cole Anthony? Come on

Cole's best season (last year) was VERY comparable to Monk's last two really good seasons with Sacramento.

The only way I'd sign Monk would be if I am convinced he has another level to reach as a starting lead guard. Otherwise, I'm not paying 25M for a 6th man.

The problem is our cap space has an expiration date and Monk seems to be the best option out there unless we make a trade and give up assets. Monk is not a perfect solution for what we need but if we don't use that cap space it's going to be gone on player extensions.

Seeing how little our rookies were used this year, our draft assets are more likely worth more to other teams than our own. Our front office needs to be creative and be willing to overpay to find the really good matches.
three3d
Junior

Post#1230 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm

If LeBron decides to leave LA I’d be worried about the Knicks being able to get him. Finishing his career in the Eastern Conference gives him a much easier path to the Finals and New York is such a huge market just like LA. It would make a lot of sense for him, that’s why I’d hope the Magic explore the possibility of adding LeBron. Whoever gets him just about becomes an instant contender.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,173

Post#1231 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:43 pm

three3d wrote:What would LeBron look look like along side Paolo and Franz for two seasons in Orlando? What if it only took Orlando throwing a pick by drafting Bronny to make it happen? I think 2 seasons with LeBron gets us a championship because of who LeBron could get to come team up with him.

To take it one step further no NBA player has ever won a championship with 4 different teams. You wanna put an exclamation mark on your legacy LeBron you win a championship for your league leading 4th club and one for a city that has never won a championship.

except he and Maverick, take control of your team. Think LA might have been better with Ingram, Caruso, Josh Hart, Zubac, etc. look how many Carter players force max or near max deals from teams that they dont deserve.
three3d
Junior

Post#1232 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:47 pm

tiderulz wrote:
three3d wrote:What would LeBron look look like along side Paolo and Franz for two seasons in Orlando? What if it only took Orlando throwing a pick by drafting Bronny to make it happen? I think 2 seasons with LeBron gets us a championship because of who LeBron could get to come team up with him.

except he and Maverick, take control of your team. Think LA might have been better with Ingram, Caruso, Josh Hart, Zubac, etc. look how many Carter players force max or near max deals from teams that they dont deserve.

If you ran the front office and believed getting LeBron would lead to a championship in two seasons wouldn’t you do it? I also think about who LBJ could get to come play alongside him for possible his last two seasons. PLUS if you’re the owners wouldn’t you be thinking about all of the nationally televised games and revenue that comes with him.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,952

Post#1233 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:47 pm

three3d wrote:If LeBron decides to leave LA I’d be worried about the Knicks being able to get him. Finishing his career in the Eastern Conference gives him a much easier path to the Finals and New York is such a huge market just like LA. It would make a lot of sense for him, that’s why I’d hope the Magic explore the possibility of adding LeBron. Whoever gets him just about becomes an instant contender.
Lebron isn't going to pass up on a $162m contract for 3 years to sign an MLE deal.

tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1234 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:49 pm

three3d wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

If you ran the front office and believed getting LeBron would lead to a championship in two seasons wouldn’t you do it? I also think about who LBJ could get to come play alongside him for possible his last two seasons. PLUS if you’re the owners wouldn’t you be thinking about all of the nationally televised games and revenue that comes with him.

who did he get to come play with him with the LA Lakers?
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,261

Post#1235 » by MagicMatic » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:57 pm

three3d wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Lebron isn’t leading anything. He’s 40 and requires 2 allstars next to him to avoid getting swept.

And no, I’m not sacrificing Orlando’s integrity to a fraud agency while they burn 5-10 years of the future getting pieces.
three3d
Junior

Post#1236 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:01 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
three3d wrote:
tiderulz wrote:except he and Maverick, take control of your team. Think LA might have been better with Ingram, Caruso, Josh Hart, Zubac, etc. look how many Carter players force max or near max deals from teams that they dont deserve.

Lebron isn’t leading anything. He’s 40 and requires 2 allstars next to him to avoid getting swept.

And no, I’m not sacrificing Orlando’s integrity to a fraud agency while they burn 5-10 years of the future getting pieces.

If he exercises his player option does that mean we’d have to trade for him or his he an outright free agent we’d just be able to sign? If he’s able to be signed out right pairing him with Paolo and Franz gives him one all star and a borderline star. I guess it doesn’t matter if we had to trade for him it does rip the team apart, BUT if not he solves a lot of problems we have and wouldn’t need to focus on a point guard playing him next to Suggs.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,398

Post#1237 » by pepe1991 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:01 pm

Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

He will retire as Laker because he knows that, in long run, will secure his spot.

Fact that he is getting waxed by Jokic year after year now and people still don't acknowledge Jokic ( due Nuggets being average market team) and talk more about Lebron, tells you he did a right move going to LA.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 719

Post#1238 » by RichCollab » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm

three3d wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

LBJ isn’t a 1a dog anymore. I don’t assume adding LBJ delivers a championship and any window you have is extremely limited.

LBJ takes us away from what we are building now. To me it’s a distraction that would set us back.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#1239 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:02 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

He will retire as Laker because he knows that, in long run, will secure his spot.

Fact that he is getting waxed by Jokic year after year now and people still don't acknowledge Jokic ( due Nuggets being average market team) and talk more about Lebron, tells you he did a right move going to LA.

only if LA gives him the most money. He has stated he wants to own a team. So he isnt taking any discount to another team just to win a ring. He wants the most money he can get.
three3d
Junior

Post#1240 » by three3d » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:07 pm

pepe1991 wrote:Lebron went to LA to establish political position to be in GOAT conversation. Winning ring secured his legacy. He ain't leaving.

No player has ever won 4 championships with 4 different teams. I believe right now him and three others have done it with 3 teams so he could be the first ever to do so .

Return to Orlando Magic