ImageImageImageImage

Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:48 pm

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 41

Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,213

Re: Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation? 

Post#61 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:58 pm

Yes I do.
aka: prorl
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,213

Post#62 » by Optimus_Steel » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:58 pm

Redwood wrote:I haven't seen anything from him that indicates he is capable of playing in the NBA in general, much less getting consistent minutes.

How can you make that determination?
aka: prorl
AaronB
Bench Warmer
And1: 626

Post#63 » by AaronB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:48 am

Mad Guru wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:Dejounte isn't as good of a three point shooter, and a bit more dominate ball handler, which I don't think meshes perfectly with two ball dominant forwards.

You might not be wrong though, he would need to spot up more, and I would need to see his spot up shooting splits.

Wasn't Simons near last in the league on Defensive EPM? Murray over Simons all day for me.

I don't trust any stats coming out of Portland this year.

Since Simons came into the league in 2019, he has put up a summed dEPM of -15.5

To put this into perspective, TYoung is at about -10 and DRussell is about -5

Mental note: his bad defense had nothing to do with this year and being in Portland.

Simons is not just a bad defender, he would almost be considered a generationally bad defender.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 355

Post#64 » by Mad Guru » Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:20 am

AaronB wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Wasn't Simons near last in the league on Defensive EPM? Murray over Simons all day for me.

I don't trust any stats coming out of Portland this year.

Mental note: his bad defense had nothing to do with this year and being in Portland.

Simons is not just a bad defender, he would almost be considered a generationally bad defender.

The Magic can fix him
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,760

Post#65 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:07 am

The thing about bad singular defenders is they can sink your lineup if you aren't an elite offensive hub. Every team will try to force switches on them. Curry gets targeted a lot and it's part of why the Warriors aren't as good anymore, even though he's still pretty elite. I say that to say .. I wouldn't mind Simons, but I wouldn't give a lot up to get him.

Say what you want about today's NBA, but teams relentlessly attack bad defenders now. Can't get away with it as much these days.
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#66 » by AaronB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 am

Mad Guru wrote:
AaronB wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:I don't trust any stats coming out of Portland this year.

The Magic can fix him

I have told this story before.

My sister had a dog that liked to dig under the fence and escape. One day she had a great idea in getting another dog in hopes that the new dog would be interesting enough to keep her other dog from digging and escaping under the fence.

So she got a dog that was a stay-at-home kind of dog. However, it howled ceaselessly. The first one would dig, but at least, it did not howl.

Now she has two dogs that howl ceaselessly, and both dogs dig under the fence and escape. They taught each other their bad habits.

I think you see where this story goes ...
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Post#67 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:40 am

AaronB wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:
AaronB wrote:

The Magic can fix him

My sister had a dog that liked to dig under the fence and escape. One day she had a great idea in getting another dog in hopes that the new dog would be interesting enough to keep her other dog from digging and escaping under the fence.

So she got a dog that was a stay-at-home kind of dog. However, it howled ceaselessly. The first one would dig, but at least, it did not howl.

Now she has two dogs that howl ceaselessly, and both dogs dig under the fence and escape. They taught each other their bad habits.

As long as Mose is coach (not your sister) and the “other Dawg” in the backcourt is Suggs…I like the odds.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,751

Post#68 » by basketballRob » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 pm

drsd wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:I've been on the, "give anything it takes for Simons" train for a long time.

Black as part of the package?
I think cap room and picks would be the most attractive thing for Portland.

He has been one of the worst defenders in the league, and I'm not sure how much he could improve. I know Rashard was a below average defender before we signed him, but he wasn't as bad as Simons.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
AaronB
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by AaronB » Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:08 pm

Skybox wrote:
AaronB wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:The Magic can fix him

As long as Mose is coach (not your sister) and the “other Dawg” in the backcourt is Suggs…I like the odds.

I admire your ability to believe in fairy tales at your age.

I place the odds somewhere between the mega millions and the Powerball odds.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,652

Post#70 » by Skybox » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:05 pm

AaronB wrote:
Skybox wrote:
AaronB wrote:

I admire your ability to believe in fairy tales at your age.

I place the odds somewhere between the mega millions and the Powerball odds.

Very realistic and reasonable take...good luck with the dog

Return to Orlando Magic