ImageImageImageImage

Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:48 pm

Yes
68%
No
32%

Total votes: 41

JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Re: Do you expect Jett to make next seasons' rotation? 

Post#41 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:12 pm

There are still several questions - statements - regarding him.

- It does seem like the plan was always for him to be in the G-League and develop another year
- How bad is he if next year he can't crack a rotation if nothing changes? He literally has to be better then G. Harris / Fultz / Cole / Houstan / Black. That's not a very impressive list today.
- He has potential 3rd string spot opened up when we do not resign Okeke.
- Will Black / Houstan / Cole outplay him for any minutes?
- Will we resign either Fultz or Harris? Both? I for one am happy to see Fultz play well a couple games but it does not bode well my look upon management regarding Fultz.
- Ingles future with us I think is cemented for 1 more year.

I do think, it is very likely that next year if we see similar injuries as this year we have a starting lineup of.

PF Paolo
SF J Howard
SG Houstan
C WCJ
PG Suggs

Black has too far to go in the 3 part of the 3&D aspect against established shooters I can see him losing time to them. Not that I agree with it mind you. In this scenario, in my head anyway, Black is out with an injury. Ankle Sprain.
doct3r dr3
RealGM
And1: 2,511

Post#42 » by doct3r dr3 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:35 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:There are still several questions - statements - regarding him.

- It does seem like the plan was always for him to be in the G-League and develop another year
- How bad is he if next year he can't crack a rotation if nothing changes? He literally has to be better then G. Harris / Fultz / Cole / Houstan / Black. That's not a very impressive list today.
- Will we resign either Fultz or Harris? Both? I for one am happy to see Fultz play well a couple games but it does not bode well my look upon management regarding Fultz.

I do think, it is very likely that next year if we see similar injuries as this year we have a starting lineup of.

PF Paolo
SF J Howard
SG Houstan
C WCJ
PG Suggs

Black has too far to go in the 3 part of the 3&D aspect against established shooters I can see him losing time to them. Not that I agree with it mind you. In this scenario, in my head anyway, Black is out with an injury. Ankle Sprain.

Did you forget about Franz???
BadMofoPimp wrote:Reached for a 2nd round talent in Nicholson.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#43 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon Apr 8, 2024 4:56 pm

doct3r dr3 wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:There are still several questions - statements - regarding him.

PF Paolo
SF J Howard
SG Houstan
C WCJ
PG Suggs

Did you forget about Franz???

When Franz was injured we rolled out

Paolo
Houstan
WCJ
Okeke
Suggs
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#44 » by drsd » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:08 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:When Franz was injured we rolled out

Paolo
Houstan
WCJ
Okeke
Suggs

Houstan is out: so its Okeke time.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,307

Post#45 » by pepe1991 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:23 pm

drsd wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:When Franz was injured we rolled out

Paolo
Houstan
WCJ
Okeke
Suggs

Houstan is out: so its Okeke time.

Okeke vs DIllion Brooks. Delusional overocnfidence vs depressing lack of confidence :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
drsd
RealGM

Post#46 » by drsd » Mon Apr 8, 2024 8:53 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
drsd wrote:Houstan is out: so its Okeke time.

Okeke vs DIllion Brooks. Delusional overocnfidence vs depressing lack of confidence :lol:

Looked it up: Okeke no longer has a negative PER. He has risen to 7.0 !
He's up to a 35.5% shooting rate on 28.4% from three. Those "improvements" are something.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#47 » by Skin » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:46 pm

I expect him in the rotation.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
CLosP
Sophomore
And1: 307

Post#48 » by CLosP » Mon Apr 8, 2024 9:53 pm

I think realistically Fultz & Harris are out. We need a veteran like Ingles but I can see his minutes decreasing. He most likely is battling Houstan for minutes. Do the Magic though look to sign a SG in the off-season with the cap room projected? Not sure he even gets consistent minutes but we always have guys out so he’ll get playing time next season. Right now we have three guards that can play SG in Suggs, Cole, & Black. Not sure how much he gets playing time at SF.
purpleswordfish
Rookie
And1: 540

Post#49 » by purpleswordfish » Tue Apr 9, 2024 12:10 pm

I think he'll be on the NBA roster. I don't think he'll play many meaningful minutes, though. Maybe he'll be 8/9 in the regular season rotation with occasional bumps in minutes when others are out or on scheduled rest.

The Magic are pretty good the way they're currently constructed, so I figure the rotation stays the same for the most part.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#50 » by The Effect » Tue Apr 9, 2024 10:32 pm

I dont see Ingles, Fultz, Okeke and harris, back next year (along with guys like queen, admiral etc), and between those guys minutes, i think they find a rotation spot for him and houstan.

I dont see us being huge players in FA, and its not like we are gonna find a rotational guy in the draft, so to make up for losing so many guys, we are gonna need guys like him, houstan and black to step up
Mad Guru
Sixth Man
And1: 355

Post#51 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:43 am

If you can get a good player in a trade where he needs to be included, I would be fine with it.
drsd
RealGM

Post#52 » by drsd » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:03 am

Mad Guru wrote:If you can get a good player in a trade where he needs to be included, I would be fine with it.

And-1

Example, Ingles, Houstan, Howard and the Magic 2023 FRP for Anfernee Simons is a big yes for me.
Mad Guru
Sixth Man

Post#53 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:52 am

I've been on the, "give anything it takes for Simons" train for a long time.
drsd
RealGM

Post#54 » by drsd » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:25 am

Mad Guru wrote:I've been on the, "give anything it takes for Simons" train for a long time.

Black as part of the package?
Mad Guru
Sixth Man

Post#55 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:13 pm

drsd wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:I've been on the, "give anything it takes for Simons" train for a long time.

Black as part of the package?

Yes
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#56 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:39 pm

I have been on give anything it takes for Murray train for a long time. That offense and defense would be immense here.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Mad Guru
Sixth Man

Post#57 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:12 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

I have been on give anything it takes for Murray train for a long time. That offense and defense would be immense here.

Dejounte isn't as good of a three point shooter, and a bit more dominate ball handler, which I don't think meshes perfectly with two ball dominant forwards.

You might not be wrong though, he would need to spot up more, and I would need to see his spot up shooting splits.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,604

Post#58 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:17 pm

Mad Guru wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Dejounte isn't as good of a three point shooter, and a bit more dominate ball handler, which I don't think meshes perfectly with two ball dominant forwards.

You might not be wrong though, he would need to spot up more, and I would need to see his spot up shooting splits.

Wasn't Simons near last in the league on Defensive EPM? Murray over Simons all day for me. I wouldn't be disappointed with a Simons consolation prize. He has worked with Billups all year which is a great thing for his development.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Mad Guru
Sixth Man

Post#59 » by Mad Guru » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:18 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Mad Guru wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Wasn't Simons near last in the league on Defensive EPM? Murray over Simons all day for me.

I don't trust any stats coming out of Portland this year.
Redwood
Freshman
And1: 70

Post#60 » by Redwood » Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:30 pm

I haven't seen anything from him that indicates he is capable of playing in the NBA in general, much less getting consistent minutes.

Return to Orlando Magic