ImageImageImageImage

Time for new ownership

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

three3d
Junior
And1: 55

Re: Time for new ownership 

Post#41 » by three3d » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:28 pm

JBSouthpaw wrote:
drsd wrote:
CZ Eddie wrote:I appreciate having the DeVos' as Orlando Magic ownership.

Ownership has DEEP pockets and Martins is excellent at finding the corporate deals that make the team profitable. Not really sure Magic fans can ask for better owners.

Agree. Only thing I really care about from an owner is willingness to spend. THAT is something that has always happened here, and we take for granted as a smaller market team.

I disagree, they are far too patient. THIRTY FIVE years of Basketball in Orlando and we have a NBA Finals record of 1-9! Countless rebuilds, no urgency to win, It’s so bad that everybody is ecstatic about this season and thinks it was a wonderful success
three3d
Junior

Post#42 » by three3d » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:40 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:Long story made short. I respect your opinion.

I at the same time say that part of being a fan of this organization is hitting them in the incompetence feels as we all have no idea what it takes to run an organization much less an NBA team of players. Just briefly saying the quiet part out loud.

Being a fan, is like watching a soap opera unfold. Making the same mistakes over and over again, finding a star player, divorcing a star player, and trying to find the next darling young man to take out on a date.

Lastly, don't forget to stay here. Half of the fun I get from posting here is reading all the different opinions and having a good laugh. Because this is just an outlet for me.

For some perspective i was a teenager in the Penny & Shaq days, so I’ve had a lot of up’s and down’s with this franchise. I have a lot of great memories of going to games, especially in the old O-rena and after games the players (some) would stop and sign autographs. Guys like Darell Armstrong and Bo Outlaw become some of my favorites, Heart and Hustle was a really great time to be a Magic fan. I see a lot of heart and hustle in Jalen Suggs but I see a lot of other things I’m not liking.

This thread wasn’t about making the owners sell the team, I meant it as more of a question is that going to be what it takes to get this team over the hump. I’ve seen it for a long time with this organization, with this and almost any FO they put in place. We haven’t played with expectations in over a decade, meanwhile, in our backyard, the Miami Heat have developed a culture referred to as the “heat culture” and I’d love to have that type of feeling about my/our team.
three3d
Junior

Post#43 » by three3d » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:43 pm

RookieStar wrote:
three3d wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Pretty entitled sounding...

Forcing someone to sell something they own/have....

I simply want to see my favorite basketball team finally win a championship, if it takes new ownership to get that done so be it.

Ooorrrr.... you could root for a new team/owner?

Na bro that would make me a LeBron James type of fan to just jump on ship with whoever is good .
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,847

Post#44 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:52 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:
If I had 3B, I'd be up for ownership. I think I would be a great Magic owner; a Mark Cuban type owner. The league needs a lot more of those types.

LOL I don't think 3B is enough for a NBA team nowadays...

When I win my billions @DRSD you can be my GM....

Rookiestar and eyriq will be my draft scouts....

knightro can be the hype man. Not sure what position that is nowadays.

Anyone up for towel boy?

You need an official heckler... i vote pepe
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#45 » by Skin » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:38 am

three3d stirring the hornets nest! I like it :D
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,669

Post#46 » by ogmagicfan » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:01 am

I have alot of feelings about this thread topic, but I feel like this is the kinda thread easier to engage in after we get eliminated in the playoffs

Alot going on right now with our team
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#47 » by drsd » Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:40 am

JoshuaPotter wrote:When I win my billions @DRSD you can be my GM....

Anyone up for towel boy?

I accept your job offer.

Question 1: who does the moneball accounting stuff? That might be the most important job for our franchise?
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#48 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:27 pm

RookieStar wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
LOL I don't think 3B is enough for a NBA team nowadays...

When I win my billions @DRSD you can be my GM....

Anyone up for towel boy?

You need an official heckler... i vote pepe

Oh it's not even up for a vote....

Just like MagicMatic will hand out performance reviews.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#49 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:31 pm

drsd wrote:

Anyone up for towel boy?

I accept your job offer.

Question 1: who does the moneball accounting stuff? That might be the most important job for our franchise?

I thought about skybox, but in reality, I think that dude will have us broke by game 2. He is more of a G-league head coach as he loves developing talent. Or something similar I hear.

So probably the first person on the forum who can manage an excel spreadsheet. Probably Soul.
three3d
Junior

Post#50 » by three3d » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:04 pm

ogmagicfan wrote:I have alot of feelings about this thread topic, but I feel like this is the kinda thread easier to engage in after we get eliminated in the playoffs

Alot going on right now with our team

Maybe this can be revisited later. This was never meant as a suggestion the owners aren’t great or charitable people, but more so a question of are they really all about basketball and bringing a championship to Orlando. Patience can be a good thing but at a certain time patients can also be painful.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,518

Post#51 » by jezzerinho » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:52 pm

I think it's probably a fairer time to put your thoughts down now than after today's game, when feelings are likely to be skewed by the result.

I'm not happy with ownership for indulging this absurdly slow "plan" of Weltman's.

There is absolutely no excuse for not having signed a guy like FVV last off-season. None. I believe Paolo is not handling well mentally the pressure thats on him to be the no.1 option at 20 against vet teams. I hope there's no lingering damage from that. I cannot believe the players have developed more and better by not having a guard who
can help on both ends at a quality starter level. They could still have made their big move for a Mitchell, Irving or whoever ifnthey didnt rate FVV anymore, as hed be a positive asset to trade. Just lazy, bone lazy.

That one non-signing is just one example of how poorly Weltman has handled the vet market.

They constantly brag about how - in looking after players (resting them in b2bs and important games, paying them expensions and big salaries.while injured, retaining them despite poor availability) - that the league will come to know how great a destination Orlando is. Well, its been wasted money, minutes and effort because we havent tried to sign any free agents bar Grandpa Ingles.

Its a slow, muddled and lazy approach. Ownership is allowing it to happen. There are no signs that Weltman is being hurried up. If anything, weve even slowed down.

Beating the Bucks wont change any of that.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#52 » by fendilim » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:50 pm

jezzerinho wrote:I think it's probably a fairer time to put your thoughts down now than after today's game, when feelings are likely to be skewed by the result.

I'm not happy with ownership for indulging this absurdly slow "plan" of Weltman's.

There is absolutely no excuse for not having signed a guy like FVV last off-season. None. I believe Paolo is not handling well mentally the pressure thats on him to be the no.1 option at 20 against vet teams. I hope there's no lingering damage from that. I cannot believe the players have developed more and better by not having a guard who
can help on both ends at a quality starter level. They could still have made their big move for a Mitchell, Irving or whoever ifnthey didnt rate FVV anymore, as hed be a positive asset to trade. Just lazy, bone lazy.

That one non-signing is just one example of how poorly Weltman has handled the vet market.

They constantly brag about how - in looking after players (resting them in b2bs and important games, paying them expensions and big salaries.while injured, retaining them despite poor availability) - that the league will come to know how great a destination Orlando is. Well, its been wasted money, minutes and effort because we havent tried to sign any free agents bar Grandpa Ingles.

Its a slow, muddled and lazy approach. Ownership is allowing it to happen. There are no signs that Weltman is being hurried up. If anything, weve even slowed down.

Just because management didn’t sign your preferred player doesn’t mean they aren’t doing anything.

Ingles is actually not a bad signing he brings in exactly what we are looking for. In fact, he’s really played really well off the bench, complementing the young guys and being the stabilizer of the 2nd unit. In fact, he is the engine that runs the 2nd unit on offense.

Also if Paolo succumbs to pressure as the number one option, then is he really the answer that we are looking for?

Every superstar rises to the occasion and takes advantage of the situation. Being young and already feeling the pressure is actually good for Paolo mental. It makes him develop mental toughness. It is what kids lack these days, especially wokes. Letting Paolo experience everything now will be good for his career in the long run.

We’re not expected to win any championship this year, so why rush things? The team wasn’t even expected to be part of the top 6 in the East, and up until last week we were in the running for top 3.
jezzerinho
Starter
And1: 1,518

Post#53 » by jezzerinho » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:56 pm

fendilim wrote:
jezzerinho wrote:I think it's probably a fairer time to put your thoughts down now than after today's game, when feelings are likely to be skewed by the result.

Just because management didn’t sign your preferred player doesn’t mean they aren’t doing anything.

Ingles is actually not a bad signing he brings in exactly what we are looking for. In fact, he’s really played really well off the bench, complementing the young guys and being the stabilizer of the 2nd unit. In fact, he is the engine that runs the 2nd unit on offense.

Also if Paolo succumbs to pressure as the number one option, then is he really the answer that we are looking for?

Every superstar rises to the occasion and takes advantage of the situation. Being young and already feeling the pressure is actually good for Paolo mental. It makes him develop mental toughness. It is what kids lack these days, especially wokes. Letting Paolo experience everything now will be good for his career in the long run.

We’re not expected to win any championship this year, so why rush things? The team wasn’t even expected to be part of the top 6 in the East, and up until last week we were in the running for top 3.

Wokes. Mkay. Moving on...
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,022

Post#54 » by fendilim » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:03 pm

jezzerinho wrote:
fendilim wrote:

Wokes. Mkay. Moving on...
huhuhu
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,647

Post#55 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:22 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
drsd wrote:

Anyone up for towel boy?

I accept your job offer.

I thought about skybox, but in reality, I think that dude will have us broke by game 2. He is more of a G-league head coach as he loves developing talent. Or something similar I hear.

So probably the first person on the forum who can manage an excel spreadsheet. Probably Soul.

I appreciate the opportunity to interview - but you've got me profiled incorrectly...I'm the opposite of the guys who just say "but, but...development" when the young guys just aren't that good...I'm the guy that says "trade our prospects for a guy that can actually already play in the NBA". Let some other suckers pray for guys that have been going to hoops camps since they were 6 and still need to learn how to shoot or dribble a basketball :lol: .
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,647

Post#56 » by Skybox » Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:26 pm

fendilim wrote:

That was kind of dumb to slip in :noway:
msmoore66
Pro Prospect
And1: 360

Post#57 » by msmoore66 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:52 pm

Skybox wrote:
fendilim wrote:

That was kind of dumb to slip in :noway:

What does it even mean? Seriously?

Return to Orlando Magic