ImageImageImageImage

2023-2024 Regular Season Game 80: Orlando Magic (46-33) at Milwaukee Bucks (48-31) - 8pm

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,965

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 80: Orlando Magic (46-33) at Milwaukee Bucks (48-31) - 8pm 

Post#601 » by Last Guardian » Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:59 pm

I do agree about going big. WCJ is really damn good at staying in front of small guys. He could easily play the 4 and Goga the 5.

In this case, I agree with this being a bad coaching decision. Defense is out calling card, we should always look to go bigger and not smaller
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,036

Re: 2023-2024 Regular Season Game 80: Orlando Magic (46-33) at Milwaukee Bucks (48-31) - 8pm 

Post#602 » by MagicMatic » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:00 pm

JF5 wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:I know we joke up how “up and down” Magic fans are but wow you have guys who days ago were talking about securing the 2 seed and now people are saying they hope we lose the play-in?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think the last few months has sort of shown the mindset of some Magic fans.

1. They were upset they didn't make a move during the deadline because they felt that "they could make a run in the playoffs" for some reason.

2. They're a good team... But a young team that can get their asses handed to them by veteran and/or well coached teams.

3. Not being rational enough to realize that a young team being in this position for the first time, just might struggle against other veteran teams fighting for the same spot.

This team is 46-34... They've gone over expectations that pretty much all of us believed they'd initially have. Still fighting for a playoff spot without having to deal with a play-in scenario and have somewhat the upperhand. All of this right now is gravy.

Frustrating that theyre not winning games to help themselves? Of course! But they're a young team essentially in a playoff scenario where all these games late matter. They don't know how to deal with that and it shows. They have to figure it out and experience this now in order for them to know what it takes to win once they start competing.

This is one of those things that have irked me about fans here getting so angry/overreacting about one of the youngest teams in the league struggling to win key games against teams that have have coaches/rosters that know how to win. It's a process.

93-94 Magic Magic with Baby Shaq and Penny got swept in the first round. What makes you think with an similar but inferior young duo in The 23-24 Paolo and Franz Magic shouldn't be immune to inexperience and growing pains? It's just not rational nor possible.

1. No. The idea is that if you aren't going to play AB + Jett that you would expect the rest of the team to fill out the roster being vets helping Paolo/Franz/Suggs to winning basketball - especially against bad teams. Why is it "for some reason" that a playoff push isn't in the realm of possibility? Yeah, we get they aren't competing this season. There isn't a grey area for being labeled bad and quality? The east is bad and they could have made a run. We have already been over that the supporting cast has been here for multiple season before the core was even established. The chances that they are the "right" pieces were slim and now evident they are not.

2. This was also addressed in point #1. At what point do they come to the conclusion that the team is good enough to start valuing quality wins that lead to playoffs? Is it the previous offseason before they are left with expiring contracts? Is it at the deadline after they exceed expectations and it becomes obvious what needs to be addressed? They added no veteran talent where needed. You are also a poster that thought Fultz was quality over upgrades, so its kind of funny you dont mention these opinions and say "HA you are all dumb for being mad this team is young". Let me guess.. You also want Fultz back on a "friendly" deal too. :lol:

Nobody disagrees that a young team would struggle against veteran teams. The FO also didn't make moves to bolster the roster for that to be less of a case. What are they going to do now? Acquire 2-3 random vets for the start of next season instead of gradually doing it since last offseason? You act like they were playing AB, Caleb, and Jett for the last 4 months. If they made those moves sooner it would have made more sense.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,643

Post#603 » by Skybox » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:12 pm

eyriq wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:Playing Fultz over Black might be his worst decision yet.
Not getting Suggs above 30 mpg is also a fail IMO

Jury is still out, imo, on Suggs' usage. He plays so intensely and is generally getting slowly off the floor after every play as is. He was also basically wearing a cast for all of the tape etc on his left hand. For a tough football guy, he sure doesn't have an issue acting hurt (maybe these kids grew up watching too much soccer and Harden flopping :lol: ).

I'm not sure he can play (effectively) any other way and I'm not sure he can play 30 mpg this way. As much as we love him and his progress, he still doesn't bring enough offensively to risk him pacing himself defensively. Black should be getting more minutes filling in Suggs' resting minutes...whoever their defensive assignment is should get NO peace. IF Black is really that effective a defender, I'd like to see them tag-teaming, but also both should play next to a guard(s) that can score and create easy offense for them reliably (not each other).
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,041

Post#604 » by KillMonger » Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:51 pm

This team needs a real center with some toughness.... Paolo and Franz has to be better next season, we go as they go..... We need to restructure the bench, if we're keeping Cole he can't be the only offense... Maybe jett can help with that....whatever the plan is with AB I'd love to know, are we going to develop him like a point guard? If not then why select him?don't know how much of a guard he'll be when he never has the ball in his hands.... If we're going forward with AB then most likely you can't bring Fultz back

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,917

Post#605 » by JF5 » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:14 pm

MagicMatic wrote:1. No. The idea is that if you aren't going to play AB + Jett that you would expect the rest of the team to fill out the roster being vets helping Paolo/Franz/Suggs to winning basketball - especially against bad teams.

Jett/Black aren't core guys and they're simply not good/reliable enough for a team that is trying to teach their CORE PLAYERS how to win. If they were they would've clearly played. They already decided that Paolo, Franz, and lesser extent Suggs are the guys they wanted to build around since the middle of last season.

I've talked to you about this before and numerous amount of times. They decided to go with chemistry AND the "wait and see approach" to how they'd build the team going into the 2024 offseason. I mean its that clear given they didn't make any moves at all and felt that the talent they had would be good enough to at least make the playoffs for the 2023/2024 season. And low and behold they were correct with the path they took as they're on the cusp of making it to the top 6th seed in the east in the east.

And they have had Vets surrounding them. They have Harris, Ingles, Issac, M. Wagner, Fultz, Bitadze, Carter Jr. and Anthony who are all have 4+ years of experience on them. The issues now (Which they need to address during the offseason) is now getting accommodating and complimentary vets/players (who are good players) that will help elevate the core that you already have.

MagicMatic wrote:Why is it "for some reason" that a playoff push isn't in the realm of possibility? Yeah, we get they aren't competing this season. There isn't a grey area for being labeled bad and quality? The east is bad and they could have made a run.

Aren't you one of those people who complain that the Magic keep losing to teams that are over 500.? So what will the Magic see in the Playoffs? Teams well over 500. Who have Superstar Players in their prime, elite role players, elite defenses, elite offenses, elite veterans, elite coaching, and EXPERIENCE. The things the Magic have struggled with in every single game they've played an over 500. team since December. You think that's going to automatically change once confronted by a Sixers/Knicks/Cavs/Heats/Bucks teams who have all that going for them? those 2 points of logic don't coincide with each other.

So complaining about this team looking considerably worse against better teams consistently and then in the same breath saying they somehow are going to make a run in the East does not make sense.

MagicMatic wrote:We have already been over that the supporting cast has been here for multiple season before the core was even established. The chances that they are the "right" pieces were slim and now evident they are not.

Who said the current iteration of the supporting cast was going to be the "Right Pieces"? You're completely making up that point that nobody has made.

As a matter of fact I agree that half of these guys are likely not to be on the team once they start competing forreal in 2-3 years. I don't expect Fultz, Black, Harris, M. Wagner, Ingles, Bitadze and potentially Issac and WCJ to be here once this team becomes a contender. That's what usually happens. So I don't know what point you're trying to make with that.

MagicMatic wrote:2. This was also addressed in point #1. At what point do they come to the conclusion that the team is good enough to start valuing quality wins that lead to playoffs? Is it the previous offseason before they are left with expiring contracts? Is it at the deadline after they exceed expectations and it becomes obvious what needs to be addressed?

Like you said this goes back to what they were trying to do this season was to have continuity and whilst also not screwing up the chemistry which comes in with adding in new players. Again, you can't really argue with the results because this team is currently 46-34 and has its sights on making the playoffs without needing the Play-in

Any sort of additions will clearly occur during the offseason. if they don't make any sort of significant changes during this offseason they'll have some problems. BUt for this teams to go from 22 Wins in the 21/22 season, to 34 Wins in the 22/23, to at least 46 Wins in the 23/34 season is a huge success. Like I don't know what else the FO could've done looking at the State/Progression of this team.

It seems like you're one of those people who wants everything to happen immediately. Well, I'm sorry to tell you NBA and Life in general does not work that way. LMAO, Superstars like Jordan/Lebron/Jokic/Kobe/O'Neal/Curry all won championships as "The Man" around 27-29 years of age. Only 2 Superstar players that have won a title as "The Guy" in their first few years in their career in the modern era and that was Tim Duncan (22 years of age and a Generational Talent no-less) who was surrounded by Veteran Players back in 98-99 lockout shortened season, and Larry Bird (24 years of age).

My point is you don't skip steps to greatness. Its a process .

MagicMatic wrote:They added no veteran talent where needed. You are also a poster that thought Fultz was quality over upgrades, so its kind of funny you dont mention these opinions and say "HA you are all dumb for being mad this team is young". Let me guess.. You also want Fultz back on a "friendly" deal too. :lol:

Man, its clear you never read my post LIKE AT ALL. :lol: I've noticed that you just see me post and you just see red. I'll even bold this for you for visuals aids. If you ACTUALLY READ THIS POST AND THIS PART OF THIS. I've said since around December/January that Fultz would likely not return to this team. They are likely to go after guys like Gary Trent Jr., Mikal Bridges, OG Annonby, Bruce Brown, Malcolm Brogdan, and Bogdan Bogdanovic. He'll be the last resort if they strike out on those guys. I DONT BELIEVE HE SHOULD BE A ROTATION GUY FOR THIS TEAM

But again, being narrow minded individual who doesn't read and has an ax to grind with me would still assume this. :lol:

MagicMatic wrote:Nobody disagrees that a young team would struggle against veteran teams. The FO also didn't make moves to bolster the roster for that to be less of a case. What are they going to do now? Acquire 2-3 random vets for the start of next season instead of gradually doing it since last offseason? You act like they were playing AB, Caleb, and Jett for the last 4 months. If they made those moves sooner it would have made more sense.

They're going to do that. But clearly if you watch these games that they struggle in. Its clearly that their lead guys in Paolo and Franz are rather ineffective and are neutralized against higher quality opponents at this stage of their career. If you see the last few games that this team has played against playoff caliber teams they've struggled immensely. Simply put, the Magic aren't going anywhere until their best players are able to figure it out against the better teams in the league.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,846

Post#606 » by RookieStar » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:58 pm

Furinkazan wrote:every fkn time I choose to to watch ends up as a fkn disaster...

recod in games I wached this season must be like 2-30 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

You know what you have to do against PHI
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#607 » by MagicMatic » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:54 pm

JF5 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:1. No. The idea is that if you aren't going to play AB + Jett that you would expect the rest of the team to fill out the roster being vets helping Paolo/Franz/Suggs to winning basketball - especially against bad teams.

Jett/Black aren't core guys and they're simply not good/reliable enough for a team that is trying to teach their CORE PLAYERS how to win. If they were they would've clearly played. They already decided that Paolo, Franz, and lesser extent Suggs are the guys they wanted to build around since the middle of last season.

How do you know this? They are rookies that are in season 1 without playing time. The same **** was said about Suggs for two seasons before people factored him into anything. Those people are currently eat large plates of crow. You don't know this at all.

I've talked to you about this before and numerous amount of times. They decided to go with chemistry AND the "wait and see approach" to how they'd build the team going into the 2024 offseason. I mean its that clear given they didn't make any moves at all and felt that the talent they had would be good enough to at least make the playoffs for the 2023/2024 season. And low and behold they were correct with the path they took as they're on the cusp of making it to the top 6th seed in the east in the east.
And they have had Vets surrounding them. They have Harris, Ingles, Issac, M. Wagner, Fultz, Bitadze, Carter Jr. and Anthony who are all have 4+ years of experience on them. The issues now (Which they need to address during the offseason) is now getting accommodating and complimentary vets/players (who are good players) that will help elevate the core that you already have.

Chemistry for what? Fultz is gone next season if they were smart. Likely Gary and Goga too, so whats your point about chemistry and other unquantifiable metrics? Again, the east is bad and every team is close in a race to the finish. You listed a bunch of bench unit guys (Ingles, Moe, Cole), role players that don't get minutes (Goga), and well as guys that either do not fit with the core at all or are gone in a season. (Carter, Fultz, Gary). This team doesn't have a starting caliber Center or Point Guard that we know of yet.

MagicMatic wrote:Why is it "for some reason" that a playoff push isn't in the realm of possibility? Yeah, we get they aren't competing this season. There isn't a grey area for being labeled bad and quality? The east is bad and they could have made a run.

Aren't you one of those people who complain that the Magic keep losing to teams that are over 500.? So what will the Magic see in the Playoffs? Teams well over 500. Who have Superstar Players in their prime, elite role players, elite defenses, elite offenses, elite veterans, elite coaching, and EXPERIENCE. The things the Magic have struggled with in every single game they've played an over 500. team since December. You think that's going to automatically change once confronted by a Sixers/Knicks/Cavs/Heats/Bucks teams who have all that going for them? those 2 points of logic don't coincide with each other.

So complaining about this team looking considerably worse against better teams consistently and then in the same breath saying they somehow are going to make a run in the East does not make sense.

They DID look good against good teams early, which is why we know they are absolutely capable. You are missing the point. It isnt that there is an expectation of the team needing to beat those +.500 teams. It's HOW they lose to them. You are chalking absolutely everything up to experience (which IS a factor) but not the whole thing. This team isn't losing those close games with a competent point guard and Center that matches with Paolo better than Carter. They certainly aren't losing to those Hornets and Rockets teams. The complaining is about HOW they are losing and WHEN not just the fact that they are L results.

MagicMatic wrote:We have already been over that the supporting cast has been here for multiple season before the core was even established. The chances that they are the "right" pieces were slim and now evident they are not.

Who said the current iteration of the supporting cast was going to be the "Right Pieces"? You're completely making up that point that nobody has made.

As a matter of fact I agree that half of these guys are likely not to be on the team once they start competing forreal in 2-3 years. I don't expect Fultz, Black, Harris, M. Wagner, Ingles, Bitadze and potentially Issac and WCJ to be here once this team becomes a contender. That's what usually happens. So I don't know what point you're trying to make with that.

You aren't capable of putting 2 and 2 together with that statement and the previous ones you commented on? Wow thats actually impressive. So you believe none of these guys will be on the team supporting the core, but you believe the FO decided not to make decisions for "chemistry" LMAO. Ok bud eat your slop they feed you. Thats what Im saying. If they believed in development they would have Mosely play their rookies more. If they wanted to win-now by creating better habits and system they would have acquired a point guard and possibly Center NOW rather than 2-3 seasons from now. They did neither... Get it?

Deleted a huge paragraph because it was pointless rambling drivel...

But again, being narrow minded individual who doesn't read and has an ax to grind with me would still assume this. :lol:

And here I am having a conversation with you that has read all your justifications. I just don't respond to **** that doesn't matter. I wasnt the one that came up with a list of reasons behind this boards mindset toward the team. Thats what you felt like you needed to do in a smarmy way while coming off like it was just the truth. Don't like it when people tell you that you are wrong? Thats just too bad my guy. Why does it bother you that people know the FO could have met the teams needs and chose not to? It "Irks" you that people desired more than to watch Paolo and Franz fall off a cliff offensively for the last 10 games of the season because they had to play next to Fultz for 30+mpg while Paolo iso'd entire games at a time? Not sure why that bothers you that people noticed patterns and how bad the team looked the last month of the season.

MagicMatic wrote:Nobody disagrees that a young team would struggle against veteran teams. The FO also didn't make moves to bolster the roster for that to be less of a case. What are they going to do now? Acquire 2-3 random vets for the start of next season instead of gradually doing it since last offseason? You act like they were playing AB, Caleb, and Jett for the last 4 months. If they made those moves sooner it would have made more sense.

They're going to do that. But clearly if you watch these games that they struggle in. Its clearly that their lead guys in Paolo and Franz are rather ineffective and are neutralized against higher quality opponents at this stage of their career. If you see the last few games that this team has played against playoff caliber teams they've struggled immensely. Simply put, the Magic aren't going anywhere until their best players are able to figure it out against the better teams in the league.

Portland, Charlotte, and Houston are playoff caliber teams? Pretty sure those were the games people started bitching about the offense and how trash it looked with certain players filling in. It started looking bad around the Clippers, Warriors, Kings slate. They looked pretty good earlier in the season beating teams like Boston and Denver. Not really how you'd like to see the teams trajectory toward the end of a net positive season. That was the dialogue. Nobody is crying simply because Orlando didn't win in Milwaukee in April. Thats oversimplifying the discourse.

JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,917

Post#608 » by JF5 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:22 am

MagicMatic wrote:How do you know this? They are rookies that are in season 1 without playing time. The same **** was said about Suggs for two seasons before people factored him into anything. Those people are currently eat large plates of crow. You don't know this at all.

This is so damn obvious right now...

Having them actually play consistent minutes like at least 10-15 minutes per game during their rookie year for each guy in the regular season would indicate some sort of investment. Black has fallen completely out of the rotation and has racked up DNP after DNP. Yes, they're also trying to win. But for him to sit on the deep bench like this doesn't help him, on top of that next year having to compete with the new additions at the Guard Slots (That will be better fits and add a veteran pedigree) who they're likely to sign or trade for. It doesn't seem like they're going to prioritize either one of those guys development going forward.

Jett sort of has the edge given his Shooting pedigree, and even then I don't see minutes for him either. But they're going to go after Veteran Players/Shooters/Scorers that will help space the floor and accentuate and make the offense more versatile around Paolo and Franz.

Also, Suggs Played a crap ton of minutes on a team that didn't have a core and was still tanking. He was able to get those in game reps his first two seasons. Black and Jett won't have that same luxury as the Magic are aiming to win games and get deeper into the playoffs after this season.

MagicMatic wrote:Chemistry for what? Fultz is gone next season if they were smart. Likely Gary and Goga too, so whats your point about chemistry and other unquantifiable metrics? Again, the east is bad and every team is close in a race to the finish. You listed a bunch of bench unit guys (Ingles, Moe, Cole), role players that don't get minutes (Goga), and well as guys that either do not fit with the core at all or are gone in a season. (Carter, Fultz, Gary). This team doesn't have a starting caliber Center or Point Guard that we know of yet.

chemistry and continuity does matter in general and its more important for a young team. LMAO, what type of statement is this?

If you have chemistry and continuity you're able to rhythmic scheme offensively/defensively and be able to trust the players and system around you. If you don't have that familiarity to some degree then there will be breakdowns as to how you're be able to run an offense (or how deep your able to go into a playbook) or run a defense if you don't have that communication already set.

This is why you're seeing the Bucks struggling after hiring Doc Rivers and treading 500. because they literally just got together in the middle of the season and they're still trying to figure out things. While other teams regardless whether they have lesser or greater talent are able to beat them because of the continuity they've had since the beginning of the season.

Why its important for younger teams is that because they themselves are inconsistent, battling confidence issues, trying to find themselves as players, whilst also trying to get more acclimated to the NBA game and schemes that will be thrown at them. You remove that continuity with a young team and they might not have the poise and experience to figure it out on the fly like how an experience team like the Lakers did last year after the trade deadline.

And if you're bringing in a new player you have to figure out how to play with them. And you have to remember you don't really practice much during the regular season. So you're trying to figure this stuff during games. Veteran teams are more able to handle this while younger typically can't. That's why to me it makes sense to make changes during the offseason rather than in-season right now.

MagicMatic wrote:They DID look good against good teams early, which is why we know they are absolutely capable. You are missing the point.

Beating great teams in November when Teams/Players typically start slow and are trying to learn schemes in general (particularly Great ones) is not a good barometer as to the Magic's ability of beating them. When teams typically are in shape and have more set gameplans and go on another gear by December onwards I think that's the best barometer as to how good you truly are.

For example that Houston team we beat on opening night by 30+ points is not the elite defensive squad they ended being after the following months. That Boston team we beat in November was not that same team that whooped us by 20+ points on back-to-back nights in December.

Holding onto a 5-1 Record against good teams in November and think that is peak play in the first month of the year is dangerous and misleading. They have to do this throughout the remaining 5 months in the season for that to be taken seriously.

MagicMatic wrote: It isnt that there is an expectation of the team needing to beat those +.500 teams. It's HOW they lose to them. You are chalking absolutely everything up to experience (which IS a factor) but not the whole thing. This team isn't losing those close games with a competent point guard and Center that matches with Paolo better than Carter. They certainly aren't losing to those Hornets and Rockets teams. The complaining is about HOW they are losing and WHEN not just the fact that they are L results.

Eh, we'll agree to disagree, again these recent games against Good/Elite team outside of the Bucks game. They've lost close and their young players that they've relied upon did not show-up when it mattered during those games. Regardless if we had "compentent" PG or Center play. If your best players don't show up in Paolo/Franz/Suggs in the clutch you're not going to win those games.

MagicMatic wrote:You aren't capable of putting 2 and 2 together with that statement and the previous ones you commented on? Wow thats actually impressive. So you believe none of these guys will be on the team supporting the core, but you believe the FO decided not to make decisions for "chemistry" LMAO. Ok bud eat your slop they feed you. Thats what Im saying. If they believed in development they would have Mosely play their rookies more. If they wanted to win-now by creating better habits and system they would have acquired a point guard and possibly Center NOW rather than 2-3 seasons from now. They did neither... Get it?

You CLEARLY don't know where I'm going with this. The Core in 2-3 years/seasons will be 4-6 year Pros, lmao. they'll have ALOT of continuity/chemistry amongst themselves at that point. Also, there is a probability that 2-3 role players from this era will still be on that team. I'm assuming Issac/Carter/Anthony will be guys that will still be on the squad at that point.

I'll just refer you to the point i made about Chemistry/Continuity mattering with this iteration of the Magic Squad.

MagicMatic wrote:And here I am having a conversation with you that has read all your justifications. I just don't respond to **** that doesn't matter. I wasnt the one that came up with a list of reasons behind this boards mindset toward the team. Thats what you felt like you needed to do in a smarmy way while coming off like it was just the truth. Don't like it when people tell you that you are wrong? Thats just too bad my guy.

I like having conversations with people on the board. But obviously in certain situations we'll go back and forth on topics. If you think I come off like smartass make better post, lmao. :lol: Complaining about a young team that is the 4th-5th youngest team in the NBA headlined by a 21 year old Sophomore Player who just became an All-Star and is likely to be a top 5 player in the league in 3-4 year, and a 22 year old Junior who is a borderline all-star and also has room to go. Stating that their 46-34 record in in their first season after a rebuilding phase is a failure is bizarre to me and MANY other organizations. Just because they didn't do what you think they should've did in the moment doesn't make any sense and is illogical. Especially when they have many more years of internal development and a lot of flexibility to make this team better in the upcoming years.

MagicMatic wrote:Portland, Charlotte, and Houston are playoff caliber teams? Pretty sure those were the games people started bitching about the offense and how trash it looked with certain players filling in.

Bitching about a team that struggles with offense regardless of what line-ups they put out there is weird to me. Regardless what line-ups they put out there they're still a bottom 5-10 offense in the league.

And when you mean "Certain players" you point to Carter and Fultz. Also, can you remind me a bit... weren't the Magic struggling in December to score after their hot start when they stopped that win streak with Black and Goga? Weren't there various games in December where it was just a Paolo show he got no help from the other Starters offensively? Or the team just couldn't score during that time?

MagicMatic wrote:They looked pretty good earlier in the season beating teams like Boston and Denver. Not really how you'd like to see the teams trajectory toward the end of a net positive season. That was the dialogue. Nobody is crying simply because Orlando didn't win in Milwaukee in April. Thats oversimplifying the discourse.

Again, going back to the First month of the season in Six month long season is a poor reference point.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#609 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:12 am

I often worry about being long-winded and with my posts...feeling better :D
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,306

Post#610 » by eyriq » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:58 am

Loser mentality

Read on Twitter
?t=KyGFably8FIsgh960uKaXg&s=19
Skybox
RealGM

Post#611 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:31 am

eyriq wrote:Loser mentality

Read on Twitter

I specifically remember going to a game in Paolo’s rookie year (he wasn’t in G League 8-) ) and Harris and others were cracking up and giggling during a bad loss and you could see the steam coming from Paolo’s ears & a thousand-yard stare…even as a 19 year old rookie, I knew we had a real one.
MagicMatic
RealGM

Post#612 » by MagicMatic » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Probably laughing about how ridiculous it is that they both start and play 30+ minutes.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#613 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:05 pm

Skybox wrote:I often worry about being long-winded and with my posts...feeling better :D

Let's get some coffee and long wind rant....

said no one ever.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#614 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:07 pm

MagicMatic wrote:

Read on Twitter

Probably laughing about how ridiculous it is that they both start and play 30+ minutes.

They have millions of reasons to laugh....

in actual US Dollars.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#615 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Honestly Paolo is young and a bit headstrong.

But ever since he dropped the "F" bomb in front of a camera it has just been clear that at least for now that he wants to win.

Not about :
- Personal Stats
- All-star selections
- Some kinda self absorbed prima donna

I hope Mosely channels that energy and has him put it into becoming the best version of himself and our org rewards that by getting him equally serious players.

Otherwise in a few years, well have a stat monster who won't care about winning or someone who will just force his way out because he wants to win above all else.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#616 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:46 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:

Read on Twitter

But ever since he dropped the "F" bomb in front of a camera it has just been clear that at least for now that he wants to win.

Not about :
- Personal Stats
- All-star selections

I hope Mosely channels that energy and has him put it into becoming the best version of himself and our org rewards that by getting him equally serious players.

Otherwise in a few years, well have a stat monster who won't care about winning or someone who will just force his way out because he wants to win above all else.

I hope Weltman channels that energy into finding him some help...knowing that he cares enough about winning that sharing the ball with another offensive creator is the best thing for him and winning.
JoshuaPotter
Starter

Post#617 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:01 pm

Skybox wrote:
JoshuaPotter wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not about :
- Personal Stats
- All-star selections

I hope Weltman channels that energy into finding him some help...knowing that he cares enough about winning that sharing the ball with another offensive creator is the best thing for him and winning.

Thats the thing, he is having to carry the entire offense to win and as such his efficiency is in the gutter. Franz + Suggs this season have gotten the luxury or the penalty of if their shots aren't falling that night they can either wait for an opportunity or Mose in the case of Suggs benches em.

The only player on this team that gets his number called to force shots regardless of the outcome is Paolo and I largely think that is by design in using him like a PG experiment. I think if he gets a 3rd option for scoring or even a better scoring 2nd man then Franz his numbers change accordingly.

In the meantime he is a black hole without having someone equally talented like Franz to both defer to and help out on defense.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 402

Post#618 » by The-Stallion70 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 pm

We better not be one of the play ins!!! Dammit this is bs
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.

Return to Orlando Magic