ImageImageImageImage

Y'all are clowns who say bad stuff about Franz lol

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,036

Re: Y'all are clowns who say bad stuff about Franz lol 

Post#41 » by MagicMatic » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:24 am

eyriq wrote:
KillMonger wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
He’s good. I’m not saying he’s bad or a bust lol. Skeptical of him being a bonafide #1 option without needing an extremely specific roster behind him.
You do understand how nuanced that could be? For example Luka needs a specific roster, you know how many players came and went from Dallas just to see if they fit with him? I mean they shipped Brunson out of there.... Its hard for me to think of a #1 that doesn't need a roster that fits their playstyle and was like that early in their career..... I think it's too early, I'm sitting here laughing about the very idea of being skeptical about a player on the second year of their rookie deal.... But hey c'est la vie

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
I don't even want to validate the skepticism even though I respect the skeptics. His game is already advanced as a sophomore to the point that he could be a #2 on a playoff team. Swap him for Randle? KAT? Siakam? I don't think those offenses miss a beat. These are in their prime #2 options on playoff teams. Paolo is a sophomore and already in the B-Tier.

I think people underestimate just how ridiculously difficult it is to BE a #1 option on an nba team. There are less than 20 of those guys probably less tbh. Paolo CAN get there and he has a lot of potential. He’s going to have to work on other aspects of his game to get there though. I don’t think that’s a scorching hot take.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,041

Post#42 » by KillMonger » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:10 am

MagicMatic wrote:
eyriq wrote:
KillMonger wrote:You do understand how nuanced that could be? For example Luka needs a specific roster, you know how many players came and went from Dallas just to see if they fit with him? I mean they shipped Brunson out of there.... Its hard for me to think of a #1 that doesn't need a roster that fits their playstyle and was like that early in their career..... I think it's too early, I'm sitting here laughing about the very idea of being skeptical about a player on the second year of their rookie deal.... But hey c'est la vie

I don't even want to validate the skepticism even though I respect the skeptics. His game is already advanced as a sophomore to the point that he could be a #2 on a playoff team. Swap him for Randle? KAT? Siakam? I don't think those offenses miss a beat. These are in their prime #2 options on playoff teams. Paolo is a sophomore and already in the B-Tier.

I think people underestimate just how ridiculously difficult it is to BE a #1 option on an nba team. There are less than 20 of those guys probably less tbh. Paolo CAN get there and he has a lot of potential. He’s going to have to work on other aspects of his game to get there though. I don’t think that’s a scorching hot take.
Your take is mild at best for me because I mean how many number 1 picks was "him" from year 1? not many, it's rare... People want to bring up Julius Randle but look up Julius at 21... Nowhere near paolo but at that age he's still figuring out the limits of his game.... Where he can take his body and conditioning.... Eventually Julius became a all nba player but not after years of work.... Its OK to say paolo isn't there yet, however at the same time let's not act like what's he's done is normal.... Paolo is a special talent

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#43 » by Skin » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:12 am

fendilim wrote:
Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote: When did I say this? lol

On any given night Suggs is our 2nd or 3rd best player. What does that have to do with Franz? I actually said all offseason and early in the season Franz is our best player.

"On any given night" is a cop out... that's just another way of saying he's not consistently doing it so basically you shouldn't say it. That's like saying, "on any given night Cole Anthony is our best scorer" based of the fact that he lead our team in scoring against the Bucks. It's a dumb thought. Suggs never will be our second best player as long as Paolo and Franz are here.

Define best? Offense? Defense? Overall?

Cause there really are some ganes that Suggs did win us the game lol

Overall consistency. Not here and there. It's not complicated.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 402

Post#44 » by The-Stallion70 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:12 am

MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:
MagicMatic wrote: When did I say this? lol

On any given night Suggs is our 2nd or 3rd best player. What does that have to do with Franz? I actually said all offseason and early in the season Franz is our best player.

"On any given night" is a cop out... that's just another way of saying he's not consistently doing it so basically you shouldn't say it. That's like saying, "on any given night Cole Anthony is our best scorer" based of the fact that he lead our team in scoring against the Bucks. It's a dumb thought. Suggs never will be our second best player as long as Paolo and Franz are here.

Wow you are really coming after me on this one Skin :lol: “Dumb thoughts” like being upset I’m ranking players based on two-way impact. Spare me.

I mean.. Suggs for the last 5-10 games HAS been our best player MOST nights. Paolo has been trash and Franz has fallen off a cliff this season offensively.

I still think Franz is our BEST overall player. I said it before the season and I’m saying it now. Not sure what you want from me lol.

If I’m skeptical of anyone it’s Paolo. Does Jalen Suggs being good make you mad? Have any good crow recipes from those hot takes a season ago ? You and Stallion should make a cook book together. :lol:

How does Suggs' ballsack smell when he wakes up in the morning? You don't really have any real opinions about the team or care for any real discussion you just use this website to attack other posters you sad, poor sucker.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 402

Post#45 » by The-Stallion70 » Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:56 am

tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Unpopular opinion, i still don't think Paolo surpassed Franz in terms of "best Magic player" label.

Paolo stuffs stat sheet and made it to allstar game, but Franz makes our offense somewhat funcional and is majort factor on defense given he is very mobile & agile for 6'10 person , by doing so , we don't allow missmatches.

Paolo is simply more popular due 1# selection, better all around counting numbers etc but we are 9-1 in games when Franz scores 28 or more points. In same time, among 10 best scoring performances of Paolo, we are are 5-5 in them.

Jury is still out on weather Paolo will be more efficient once we get actual funcional PG, or he will be more of a Randle type where guy puts some 25-12-5 but teams continue to play better without him due simply more fluidity & less 55% TS volumen he would occupy.

As for shooting... Goes without saying he needs to at least return to rookie- sophmore season

i dont think either can carry a team, but i think Paolo has a bit more overall skill than Franz does. I think the team misses Paolo not in the lineup more than Franz, but with the talent on the team right now, it needs both of them

Paolo isn't more skilled than Franz he is more physically imposing and a better overall player because of that.

Paolo draws a double team like every time he touches it because he is just too big and strong he knows he can bully his way in.

Franz isn't a huge boulder like Paolo so he can't just bully his way in. He is more skilled and has a variety of finishes around the hoop and step moves and all this **** he does.

Plus Franz is usually matched up with wings so he almost ALWAYS has a size advantage.
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,113

Post#46 » by tiderulz » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:13 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:Unpopular opinion, i still don't think Paolo surpassed Franz in terms of "best Magic player" label.

Paolo stuffs stat sheet and made it to allstar game, but Franz makes our offense somewhat funcional and is majort factor on defense given he is very mobile & agile for 6'10 person , by doing so , we don't allow missmatches.

Paolo is simply more popular due 1# selection, better all around counting numbers etc but we are 9-1 in games when Franz scores 28 or more points. In same time, among 10 best scoring performances of Paolo, we are are 5-5 in them.

Jury is still out on weather Paolo will be more efficient once we get actual funcional PG, or he will be more of a Randle type where guy puts some 25-12-5 but teams continue to play better without him due simply more fluidity & less 55% TS volumen he would occupy.

As for shooting... Goes without saying he needs to at least return to rookie- sophmore season

i dont think either can carry a team, but i think Paolo has a bit more overall skill than Franz does. I think the team misses Paolo not in the lineup more than Franz, but with the talent on the team right now, it needs both of them

Paolo isn't more skilled than Franz he is more physically imposing and a better overall player because of that.

Paolo draws a double team like every time he touches it because he is just too big and strong he knows he can bully his way in.

Franz isn't a huge boulder like Paolo so he can't just bully his way in. He is more skilled and has a variety of finishes around the hoop and step moves and all this **** he does.

Plus Franz is usually matched up with wings so he almost ALWAYS has a size advantage.

we'll have to disagree on this. im not saying it is a vast difference, but i think Paolo just more skilled offensively
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#47 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:28 pm

Since this thread seems to welcome bad stuff about Franz.

His 3-ball sucks this year.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 13,036

Post#48 » by MagicMatic » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:01 pm

The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Skin wrote:"On any given night" is a cop out... that's just another way of saying he's not consistently doing it so basically you shouldn't say it. That's like saying, "on any given night Cole Anthony is our best scorer" based of the fact that he lead our team in scoring against the Bucks. It's a dumb thought. Suggs never will be our second best player as long as Paolo and Franz are here.

Wow you are really coming after me on this one Skin :lol: “Dumb thoughts” like being upset I’m ranking players based on two-way impact. Spare me.

I mean.. Suggs for the last 5-10 games HAS been our best player MOST nights. Paolo has been trash and Franz has fallen off a cliff this season offensively.

I still think Franz is our BEST overall player. I said it before the season and I’m saying it now. Not sure what you want from me lol.

If I’m skeptical of anyone it’s Paolo. Does Jalen Suggs being good make you mad? Have any good crow recipes from those hot takes a season ago ? You and Stallion should make a cook book together. :lol:

How does Suggs' ballsack smell when he wakes up in the morning? You don't really have any real opinions about the team or care for any real discussion you just use this website to attack other posters you sad, poor sucker.

:lol: Let it out. Let it out. It’s ok.

Neat thread though you made to attack posters that disagree with you. What an absolute hypocrite you are to go along with bad takes.

I’m sorry you are getting so worked up about being wrong :cry:
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 681

Post#49 » by JoshuaPotter » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:12 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
The-Stallion70 wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:

:lol: Let it out. Let it out. It’s ok.

Neat thread though you made to attack posters that disagree with you. Not an absolute hypocrite either at all.

I’m sorry your getting so worked up about being wrong :cry:

Ok so let me break this down....

Paolo is our uncontested most important person. What he develops into is yet to be seen. He is on track to be a true no 1 if not an astoundingly Pippen level good no 2.

Franz, let's be real. He is the shoe in candidate no 2. Two-way player. 3-ball took a gigantic step back and we need him to find that again.

Suggs is beyond shadow of a doubt our 3rd best player. Depending on his offensive contributions he easily becomes no2 and surpasses Franz on some nights. But this doesn't appear to be his norm. Suggs has become a two-way player this year.

Why is this hard? Why? It's so pathetically simple even a child can understand a simple narrative of dark horse factor.

Let's completely in this example of Suggs ignore that he is our best defensive starter and due to lack of availability (Isaac) deserves the phrase "best defensive player overall".

Edit : None of what I said should be a mental leap and claims Suggs is more or less then he already is. IE easily our 3rd best player and on a given night more important then Franz. But admittedly, our team needs BOTH Franz and Suggs to remain effective.

Good grief this isn't hard.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,822

Post#50 » by ChosenSavior » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:16 pm

Gonna go ahead and lock this one up before more personal attacks get aired out.

Franz AND Paolo are both major pieces of the puzzle to get this franchise to finally taste a championship. Both guys have their strengths and weaknesses but the beauty of this is that they compliment one another and they are young enough to turn those deficiencies into strength as long as they both put in the work to do so and I certainly believe they will do just that.

Return to Orlando Magic