ImageImageImageImage

Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 5,020

Re: Cavaliers vs Magic Series General Discussion Thread 

Post#101 » by Ducklett » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:52 pm

Knightro wrote:
eyriq wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
Speaking of...

When are you two doing another one? Playoffs is a justifiable reason.
Seconding this, we need the modcast.

I have a kid now and he's crazy!

I am a huge knightro Stan going way back but you could always just post pepe rambling for 30 minutes.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,363

Post#102 » by eyriq » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=auUaFTSnk0X2ZdKUZXOmpQ&s=19
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#103 » by eyriq » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:09 pm

eyriq wrote:Combed through ESPN'S win probabilities. We are not favorites in a single game.

Gm1: 31.9%
Gm2: 34.8%
Gm3: 47.0%
Gm4: 47.2%
Gm5: 35.5%
Gm6: 47.0%
Gm7: 35.5%

Using those to simulate a series I get the following outcome probabilities.

Cavs in 5: 22.4%
Cavs in 7: 18.4%
Cavs in 6: 18.2%
Cavs in 4: 12.6%
Magic in 6: 10.5%
Magic in 7: 9.9%
Magic in 5: 5.6%
Magic in 4: 2.5%

28.3% probability that there's a game seven. I think that's what I'm expecting, and then anything can happen.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,171

Post#104 » by zaymon » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:05 pm

We have to stop DM and Garland to have a shot. I dont see how we can stop them without JI starting. Our slow starts are not coincidence. Players deive to the rim and WCJ cant stop them unless its a post up.
Suggs and Harris are also good individual defenders so we can slow both of them at the same time. I would not be suprised if we give some minutes to Black to give DM different looks.
Cavaliers will pack the paint and dare us to shoot. They have one of the best personel in the nba to do that. Paolo has his midrange to counter that but it can get ugly for Franz if his 3 is still not there.
It will be funny if our do or die is JI and WCJ being volume 3 point shooters.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,242

Post#105 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:28 pm

dsg2021 wrote:
eyriq wrote:Looking at ESPN BPI and we have the lowest probability to advance of all the Eastern postseason teams at 28.8%, except for the Bulls and Hawks .

That's cold.

Celtics 79.2%
Cavs 71.2%
Pacers 51.3%
Bucks 48.7%
Knicks 43.3%
Sixers 38.6%
Heat 38.1%
Magic 28.8%
Bulls 0.7%
Hawks 0.2%

Perfect, setting up the repeat of the ORL-CLE series where LeBron ate humble pie and his game-winners meant nothing in the end.

What did ESPN say our chances were at being the 5th seed in the playoffs before the season started.......
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,049

Post#106 » by KillMonger » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm

Sub patterns are going to be very important, we have to stagger.... Shouldn't be a situation where one of Suggs/Paolo/Franz is not on the floor at all times

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,860

Post#107 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 am

I know maximizing our bench has been a key ingredient in our auccesful season so i wonder if we still continue to do that even though this is the PO.
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,503

Post#108 » by Knightro » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:42 am

Read on Twitter
best of luck
Sophomore
And1: 158

Post#109 » by best of luck » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:56 am

So excited for the games. I hope the home crowd is great for us in games 3 and 4. Didn’t want Knicks in the first round.
Game times for me here will be midnight or 6am. Will be watching every minute
Please visit @Domsamui on YouTube my 11 year old son needs all the love he can get from the basketball community in his fight to walk again.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#110 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:58 am

RookieStar wrote:I know maximizing our bench has been a key ingredient in our auccesful season so i wonder if we still continue to do that even though this is the PO.

I think the first two games we’ll dip into the bench fairly normally (Fultz). Then you reassess where we are coming back home for Game 3.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,423

Post#111 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:30 pm

It's been so long since the playoffs I forgot that the NBA doesn't reseed after each round lol
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,764

Post#112 » by basketballRob » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:31 pm

The injury reports will be out later today. Apparently, Wade hasn't practiced during the last 2 practices.

Sent from my SM-G781U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#113 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:02 pm

JoshuaPotter wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Residual-Heat wrote:https://www.youtube.com/shorts/OoEpIcAL6Ic

JI wearing black practice jersey. Same as Paolo, Franz, Harris and Suggs. Is this anything?
Man, I hope so. I wonder if Wendell Carter Jr can be an impact player off the bench cuz he's certainly dead weight in the starting lineup.

It is interesting because I haven't soured on WCJ. I have just realized that a Goga type with a better shooter in the guard position will in essence be a better solution to the question of how do we solve 3pt shooting and improve defense.

Isaac vs Wendel 3-ball is a wash IMHO. Isaac is more streaky, Wendel is either a couple buckets or it isn't.

Defense it isn't even a contest. Wendel isn't "bad". But once you have had a BurgerFi burger. Do you really want to go back to the BigMac?

Me too…I think WCJ is a really good player on an amazing deal. I try to trade him every day 100% based on fit. I’d be really happy to see him in a big off the bench role…he could show more offense and versatility in that role. I think he’s our best trade chip because he’s expendable, not because he’s bad. I could easily project him putting up bigger numbers elsewhere. Keeping him in a reserve role would be a huge luxury.

If he settles into “third big, first off the bench” …that’s a solid start for a contending bench and a shorter rotation.

Isaac is on a completely different level of impact and should be starting and upping his rebounds to go with league-best defensive impact. Even if his mpg never break 25, he’s as important to winning Mosley-style as anyone. I really wanted Gafford, who came cheap to Mavs :banghead: , to sort of replicate the style of Center Isaac can be and give ORL 48+ mins of long-limbed rim-protection and, occasional impenetrable defense with both…maybe there’s a draftee out there that can do it inexpensively. I just can’t imagine Mose’s ultimate defensive vision includes a guy like WCJ next to Franz & Paolo.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#114 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:09 pm

I think the refs will set the tone early…a physical series, especially on the perimeter, certainly favors ORL. I don’t want to see Suggs on the bench, with three early fouls while Mitchell puts up 50. Hard to predict how they’ll call it. It was pretty obvious, despite Silver’s denial, that they were calling a lot less this year, but playoff TV loves star performances more than muddy bloody defense…so we’ll have to see how it goes.
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 694

Post#115 » by JoshuaPotter » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:40 pm

Skybox wrote:I think the refs will set the tone early…a physical series, especially on the perimeter, certainly favors ORL. I don’t want to see Suggs on the bench, with three early fouls while Mitchell puts up 50. Hard to predict how they’ll call it. It was pretty obvious, despite Silver’s denial, that they were calling a lot less this year, but playoff TV loves star performances more than muddy bloody defense…so we’ll have to see how it goes.

I think this season we were also top 5 in unfavorable calls or was it calls that were wrong in the last 2 minutes. I do not remember.
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,864

Post#116 » by ChosenSavior » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:02 pm

eyriq wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=auUaFTSnk0X2ZdKUZXOmpQ&s=19

Him and I have the exact same name, dope 8-)
OrlandoSaban
Junior
And1: 201

Post#117 » by OrlandoSaban » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:04 pm

Skybox wrote:I think the refs will set the tone early…a physical series, especially on the perimeter, certainly favors ORL. I don’t want to see Suggs on the bench, with three early fouls while Mitchell puts up 50. Hard to predict how they’ll call it. It was pretty obvious, despite Silver’s denial, that they were calling a lot less this year, but playoff TV loves star performances more than muddy bloody defense…so we’ll have to see how it goes.

Suggs will be in big foul trouble by halftime - book it.
Skybox
RealGM

Post#118 » by Skybox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm

OrlandoSaban wrote:

Suggs will be in big foul trouble by halftime - book it.

He’s kicked ass all season…not a given.

Actually, Suggs in foul trouble could trigger AB’s big coming out big in the playoffs opportunity. Not banking on it, but great storylines happen under the bright lights
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#119 » by eyriq » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:15 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=VR5B-DxRL6EthkSE78-6Tw&s=19
RichCollab
Starter
And1: 673

Post#120 » by RichCollab » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:10 pm

JI is in the calm before he unleashes his storm during the playoffs! JI is going to be epic.

Return to Orlando Magic