ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,891

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0 

Post#1081 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:I'm sure Hawks fans were sure they were going to take another step forward after the ECF and Kings fans probably thought they'd improve over last year as well

The FO actually has to make moves to improve. This may not be a 47 win team if the only improvement going into next year is from internal improvement. I want to believe. But this is also the same FO who rolled into the season with Fultz as a starting PG and doubled down again, while in the playoff race, with Fultz as their starting PG on a playoff team

You never know if this team is going to be fighting for the #2 seed in the last few weeks of the season again next year.

That's true, you can't bank on every year getting better and better, but it is a bit of a different situation. Hawks had success in the playoffs, ECF is a DEEP run, so they were probably lax on making bigger moves and thought they would improve.

My thing is that our young guys HAVE to continue to improve for us to be thought about as contenders.

Big difference in getting exposed offensively and thinking we don't have to make moves versus, for instance, us somehow making the ECF this year thinking naturally our offensive problems just magically disappeared.

I hope you're right.. but Weltman has already said he'd be okay with running it back. If the FO decides to stand pat this offseason, would you defend the move?

We know they will make moves. The question is, are the moves the one we want or not?
The-Stallion70
Rookie
And1: 415

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 2: (5) Orlando Magic at (4) Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs up 1-0 

Post#1082 » by The-Stallion70 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:I'm sure Hawks fans were sure they were going to take another step forward after the ECF and Kings fans probably thought they'd improve over last year as well

The FO actually has to make moves to improve. This may not be a 47 win team if the only improvement going into next year is from internal improvement. I want to believe. But this is also the same FO who rolled into the season with Fultz as a starting PG and doubled down again, while in the playoff race, with Fultz as their starting PG on a playoff team

You never know if this team is going to be fighting for the #2 seed in the last few weeks of the season again next year.

That's true, you can't bank on every year getting better and better, but it is a bit of a different situation. Hawks had success in the playoffs, ECF is a DEEP run, so they were probably lax on making bigger moves and thought they would improve.

My thing is that our young guys HAVE to continue to improve for us to be thought about as contenders.

Big difference in getting exposed offensively and thinking we don't have to make moves versus, for instance, us somehow making the ECF this year thinking naturally our offensive problems just magically disappeared.

I hope you're right.. but Weltman has already said he'd be okay with running it back. If the FO decides to stand pat this offseason, would you defend the move?

Oh god no fire him now
thelead wrote:I have a memory like an elephant.
OrlChamps2030
General Manager
And1: 4,168

Post#1083 » by OrlChamps2030 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:26 am

RookieStar wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

We know they will make moves. The question is, are the moves the one we want or not?

You could have said the same exact thing at the deadline
GameOver25
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#1084 » by GameOver25 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:28 am

Cole and WCJr are disappointments. Pretty much done with those two. Fultz doesn't count, he's been trash all year. Ingles looks like a pickup YMCA player. Bench which was out biggest strength other than Moe are all unplayable.

The 1st half of the next game will be very telling if this team wants to make this a series.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,897

Post#1085 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
T-Cat wrote:Could we have Mosley step in a front office position so we can get Redick

This is silly. Mosley is already learning the lessons Reddick will have to learn.

He's been coaching 4th graders or something, would be a hell of a jump lol.

Steve Nash went from 1st year darling to unemployed pretty quickly, would be hard with a Charlotte team that isn't getting any better.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#1086 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:29 am

RookieStar wrote:
fateis007 wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:
That fan being taken out was hilarious to me. Looked absolutely pathetic, didn't look authentic at all. Was definitely trying to get a check lol.

dude had to lay on the ground from a shoulder injury lol, he def wanted some prime time. Maybe no one told him this is on NBA TV

Arent those courtside seats means the team/arena osnt liable for any injuries due to the game?

Speaking of this, go back and watch the footage and see the fan violently kick at Moe as he's getting up. Couldn't tell if it was the one who got hurt or someone next to him initially.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1087 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:30 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
fateis007 wrote:
dude had to lay on the ground from a shoulder injury lol, he def wanted some prime time. Maybe no one told him this is on NBA TV

Arent those courtside seats means the team/arena osnt liable for any injuries due to the game?

Speaking of this, go back and watch the footage and see the fan violently kick at Moe as he's getting up. Couldn't tell if it was the one who got hurt or someone next to him initially.

Need a link. Can Moe sue?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1088 » by RookieStar » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am

OrlChamps2030 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:

You could have said the same exact thing at the deadline

Naaaah. Our FO didnt make any move at all. Deep down despite wanting Tyus and Kispert i knew our FO wont do anything seeing as how we were above .500.

This offseason they will do something. The scary part is.. we know we need guard scoring but i think they get a backup SF lol
OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 109

Post#1089 » by OnlyFranz22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:32 am

SOUL wrote:
OnlyFranz22 wrote:Okay.

Lmao

If you are arguing that Dwight Howard wasn't the most important part of our team being contenders, there's no point in debating.

But yeah, keep harping on Anthony Black and Goga Bitadze. We might as well think Anthony Johnson and Marcin Gortat getting more minutes were more vital than Paolo and Franz playing well.

No I was harping about the coach/FO

Everyone praises Mos…

SVG loss Jameer and still had Alston start with a rookie in Courtney Lee in a tougher EC back then and got to the finals.

If you think it was all Dwight you are out of your mind. SVG was the voice and we all knew it. Can we say the same about Mos? I just see him with his arms crossed for the whole game.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1090 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 am

OnlyFranz22 wrote:If you think it was all Dwight you are out of your mind. SVG was the voice and we all knew it. Can we say the same about Mos? I just see him with his arms crossed for the whole game.

Mose is literally screaming and talking all game and never once sits down.
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 125

Post#1091 » by byeganyo » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:34 am

Knightro wrote:For the series...

Isaac 4/15 FG
Cole 0/11 FG
Carter 2/10 FG
Ingles 1/4 FG
Fultz 0/4 FG

Ingles is 5 assists - 0 TOs
Cole is 0 assists! 1 TO
Franz is 5 assists 6 TOs
Paolo - 8 assists 15 TOs
Sugss is 9 assists 2 TOs

So maybe we should put the ball more in Suggs and Ingles hands, i dunno.

Another random bit - Mow finished with poistive +/- in both games so far.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,466

Post#1092 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:35 am

Last Guardian wrote:
eyriq wrote:
Last Guardian wrote:First 83 now 86. Next goal, 90.
Baby steps LMAO

Look at the bigger picture. Cavs scored 1 point less and we scored 3 points more than first game. Gap is narrowing. Cavs should be quivering in fear

Homecourt is worth another 3 point swing. We lose by just 3 next game?
OnlyFranz22
Junior
And1: 109

Post#1093 » by OnlyFranz22 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 am

SOUL wrote:
OnlyFranz22 wrote:If you think it was all Dwight you are out of your mind. SVG was the voice and we all knew it. Can we say the same about Mos? I just see him with his arms crossed for the whole game.

Mose is literally screaming and talking all game and never once sits down.

You have that camera angle?

I don’t
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,055

Post#1094 » by MagicStarwipe » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 am

RookieStar wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Need a link. Can Moe sue?

No, luckily they didn't connect.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
fateis007
Rookie
And1: 829

Post#1095 » by fateis007 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:36 am

MagicStarwipe wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
fateis007 wrote:

I saw it too, i think it was the older lady sitting next to the guy that got injured.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,466

Post#1096 » by eyriq » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:39 am

Knightro wrote:
thelead wrote:
SOUL wrote:
I wanted him SO bad in free agency :banghead:

I have a memory like an elephant. I remember you wanting him years ago.

He's not the only one...

Me on 7/26/23

Hartenstein played really well with the Clippers when he was allowed to do a lot of the dribble hand off/high post passing fulcrum stuff that the Magic do with Carter offensively. And he's a plus defender.

I don't think the Knicks used him as well as they could have and he would be better served here.

Me on 12/28/22

Just go get Hartenstein from the Knicks.

Me on 12/6/22

I'd glad give them any of the expiring contracts (Ross, Bamba, Hampton) and a 2nd.

Hartenstein can really play and they're using him poorly.

Me on 10/4/22

The Magic would be massively better off had they signed Hartenstein instead of Bamba.

Me on 7/29/22

Statistically, Hartenstein is way better than Bamba and was arguably the best backup center in the entire NBA last season.

I'd be 100% in favor of signing him.

Me on 4/22/24
Hartenstein is a bench player. Definition of mid. Prefer Claxton.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic

Post#1097 » by SOUL » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 am

OnlyFranz22 wrote:You have that camera angle?

I don’t

I have watched every single game the last 3 years.. he is often the loudest one picked up off on the mics.

Hell, calling him a bad offensive coach is at least subjective and can't be proven/disproven until we have better options, but saying is not vocal or active at all would be flat out wrong.

Ask the thread in here or make a new thread and I'd be willing to be 100% of the posters will tell you exactly what I'm telling you lol
Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,609

Post#1098 » by Knightro » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:40 am

eyriq wrote:Me on 4/22/24
Hartenstein is a bench player. Definition of mid. Prefer Claxton.

He's better than Claxton :lol:

Probably won't be significantly cheaper at this point though.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,141

Post#1099 » by tiderulz » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:41 am

RookieStar wrote:
OrlChamps2030 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

do we?
3ddman23
General Manager
And1: 2,655

Post#1100 » by 3ddman23 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:48 am

One think I can say:

I'm happy I'm out of town for game 3 &4. I just couldn't get behind going to these games after these Two performances. Especially with the way the organization is pricing these tickets.
GO MAGIC

Return to Orlando Magic