ImageImageImageImage

Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

three3d
Junior
And1: 65

Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#1 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm

https://youtu.be/-MOSeDBBMFo?si=3x1zRUvBTJ2hyiXS

Not sure if I’ve attached the link correctly , but just seen this had come out today and YouTube and started watching some of it and figured I’d share it with the community.

Actually it’s pretty coincidental because I think A LOT of us have mixed feelings about the kid and how the situation has been handled with him and I wanted to make a post about him and the situation going on. This helps bring that up actually and gives some new content on him possibly.

January 26 Magic VS Dallas AB arguably had his best game of the year. He went 7-9 including 4-4 from the 3 point line and either 2-2 or 4-4 from the free throw line ( I don’t remember) 20 points & 3 assists. That game he really showed some capabilities I did not think he had and thought maybe it was finally clicking. But that’s also the game or right around the time he started getting DNP’s pretty regularly and it was head scratching given what he just showed he was capable of doing. Not sure what happened or even if anything happened to warrant his sudden disappearance BUT he did earn time on a nightly basis to grown and learn.

Does anyone think the Grady Dick & AB jersey swap joke came with any internal fallout or pushback? It was a joke and AB knew what he was doing and his grin gave it all away as he ran looking for the camera man to come take the picture. Anyway enjoy the clip
three3d
Junior

Re: Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#2 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:11 pm

LOL 31 minute mark comes out AB lost $1K to CP3 playing him at CP’s camp . Sounds like CP pulled a fast one on the kid and in AB’s words he was cooking him at his own camp.

EDIT: later in the video AB talks about this and it was bowling NOT basketball my bad
three3d
Junior

Post#3 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Really enjoyable video, nice behind the scene look into AB and some of his personality. Really left me feeling more like he’s really been mismanaged this season. For a 19-year-old kid adjusting to NBA life had to be pretty tough racking up DNP’s, especially with a lack of production, veteran players in the same position are providing. If you’re not mentally strong, that’s how you lose players. Would have rather seen him sent down to the G-League and gain experience actually playing and developing chemistry with Jet.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,229

Post#4 » by cedric76 » Today 5:41 am

We are all begging for Wepark to go after Murray, but i think we already havea the next murray on our roster and it is Mr Anthony black

If you compare their stats at the same age, black is already doing better than Dejounte

College stats: (black was 4 months younger)

Key Comparisons:
Minutes per Game: Anthony Black played slightly more minutes (34.9 vs. 33.5).
Field Goal Percentage: Anthony Black had a higher field goal percentage (45.3% vs. 41.6%).
Three-Point Percentage: Anthony Black had a better three-point shooting percentage (30.1% vs. 28.8%).
Free Throw Percentage: Anthony Black was better at free throws (70.5% vs. 65.8%).
Rebounds per Game: Dejounte Murray had more rebounds (6.0 vs. 5.1).
Assists per Game: Dejounte Murray averaged more assists (4.4 vs. 3.9).
Steals per Game: Anthony Black had more steals (2.1 vs. 1.8).
Blocks per Game: Anthony Black had more blocks (0.6 vs. 0.3).
Points per Game: Dejounte Murray scored more points per game (16.1 vs. 12.8). ​

rookie stats:
Key Comparisons:
Minutes per Game: Anthony Black played more minutes (16.9 vs. 8.5).
Field Goal Percentage: Anthony Black had a higher field goal percentage (46.6% vs. 43.1%).
Three-Point Percentage: Both players had similar three-point shooting percentages (39.4% for Black, 39.1% for Murray).
Free Throw Percentage: Dejounte Murray was better at free throws (70.0% vs. 61.3%).
Rebounds per Game: Anthony Black had more rebounds (2.0 vs. 1.1).
Assists per Game: Both players averaged the same number of assists (1.3).
Steals per Game: Anthony Black had more steals (0.5 vs. 0.2).
Blocks per Game: Anthony Black had more blocks (0.3 vs. 0.1).
Points per Game: Anthony Black scored more points per game (4.3 vs. 3.4).

Height: Anthony Black is taller (6'7" vs. 6'4").
Wingspan: Dejounte Murray has a longer wingspan (6'10" vs. 6'7")

I think Black could be our long term solution

Black
suggs
Franz
Paolo
WCJ

But in the meantime you have to go after a scorer playmaker like monk

Monk,Black, cole (if we can t draft Devin carter)
suggs, jett, Harris (on 1+1 to be our 3rd SG)
Franz, houstan
Paolo, Moe , FRP (if we cant land Devin carter)
WCJ, Ji, Goga (i d love to keep him dirty cheap, like 15 M / 3yrs with team options)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer Harris and goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#5 » by drsd » Today 6:14 am

cedric76 wrote:We are all begging for Wepark to go after Murray

I for sure am not. There must be ten guards I'd rather the Magic go after before Murray. In this sort of range, I would much rather, for example, the Magic trade for Bogdan Bogdanović.

..., but i think we already havea the next murray on our roster and it is Mr Anthony black

If you compare their stats at the same age, black is already doing better than Dejounte

I hope you are correct, of course. But for 2024/25 I am just hoping Black can provide 15 minutes on 70 games played as a good rotational player.

That Black is an "upside" player, in 2-3 years, maybe he will shine as you suggest.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#6 » by cedric76 » Today 6:32 am

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:We are all begging for Wepark to go after Murray

I for sure am not. There must be ten guards I'd rather the Magic go after before Murray. In this sort of range, I would much rather, for example, the Magic trade for Bogdan Bogdanović.

..., but i think we already havea the next murray on our roster and it is Mr Anthony black

I hope you are correct, of course. But for 2024/25 I am just hoping Black can provide 15 minutes on 70 games played as a good rotational player.

That Black is an "upside" player, in 2-3 years, maybe he will shine as you suggest.

I m sure you d be rooting for murray if he was FRee Agent as i think he fits perfectly, as it stands now, going after murray might be too expensive for my liking

As for black, 15 min per game over 70 games is fine with me, same for Jett, this is why i want Monk on 22 M/yr max, because he could be our starter till Black or Jett are ready to steal his starting spot, by then Monk would be a perfeect 6th man on a very nice contract (in 2 yrs, 20M for a 6th man will be a standard contract)
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#7 » by drsd » Today 6:45 am

cedric76 wrote:I m sure you d be rooting for murray if he was FRee Agent ,....

100% yes. For example, Murray over Monk: it's not a conversation!

As for black, 15 min per game over 70 games is fine with me, same for Jett, this is why i want Monk on 22 M/yr max, because he could be our starter till Black or Jett are ready to steal his starting spot, by then Monk would be a perfeect 6th man on a very nice contract (in 2 yrs, 20M for a 6th man will be a standard contract)

I am curious how Howard performs in the summer league. He needs to be he alpha dominant force on the court for me to have any hope he can crack a rotational spot in the pre-season games. Black deserves to be in the NBA. He is proven commodity. And as you state: he will only improve. Certainly he does look like a future starter on an NBA squad.
cedric76
RealGM

Post#8 » by cedric76 » Today 8:28 am

drsd wrote:
cedric76 wrote:I m sure you d be rooting for murray if he was FRee Agent ,....

100% yes. For example, Murray over Monk: it's not a conversation!

I am curious how Howard performs in the summer league. He needs to be he alpha dominant force on the court for me to have any hope he can crack a rotational spot in the pre-season games. Black deserves to be in the NBA. He is proven commodity. And as you state: he will only improve. Certainly he does look like a future starter on an NBA squad.

if both were FA i d of course take murray over monk too, but i d rather get monk for less than 88M/4yrs than trading the farm for murray

As for Jett, i have no doubt that he ll do well next season for us, he is an underrated passer and defender
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic

Suggs, AB, Carter
Monk, Jett, Harris
Franz, Jett, Houstan
Paolo, Moe, (Cole trade)
Wcj, JI, goga