ImageImageImageImage

Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

three3d
Junior
And1: 58

Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#1 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 pm

https://youtu.be/-MOSeDBBMFo?si=3x1zRUvBTJ2hyiXS

Not sure if I’ve attached the link correctly , but just seen this had come out today and YouTube and started watching some of it and figured I’d share it with the community.

Actually it’s pretty coincidental because I think A LOT of us have mixed feelings about the kid and how the situation has been handled with him and I wanted to make a post about him and the situation going on. This helps bring that up actually and gives some new content on him possibly.

January 26 Magic VS Dallas AB arguably had his best game of the year. He went 7-9 including 4-4 from the 3 point line and either 2-2 or 4-4 from the free throw line ( I don’t remember) 20 points & 3 assists. That game he really showed some capabilities I did not think he had and thought maybe it was finally clicking. But that’s also the game or right around the time he started getting DNP’s pretty regularly and it was head scratching given what he just showed he was capable of doing. Not sure what happened or even if anything happened to warrant his sudden disappearance BUT he did earn time on a nightly basis to grown and learn.

Does anyone think the Grady Dick & AB jersey swap joke came with any internal fallout or pushback? It was a joke and AB knew what he was doing and his grin gave it all away as he ran looking for the camera man to come take the picture. Anyway enjoy the clip
three3d
Junior

Re: Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#2 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 3:11 pm

LOL 31 minute mark comes out AB lost $1K to CP3 playing him at CP’s camp . Sounds like CP pulled a fast one on the kid and in AB’s words he was cooking him at his own camp.

EDIT: later in the video AB talks about this and it was bowling NOT basketball my bad
three3d
Junior

Re: Anthony Black: Road To The NBA Movie 

Post#3 » by three3d » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:00 pm

Really enjoyable video, nice behind the scene look into AB and some of his personality. Really left me feeling more like he’s really been mismanaged this season. For a 19-year-old kid adjusting to NBA life had to be pretty tough racking up DNP’s, especially with a lack of production, veteran players in the same position are providing. If you’re not mentally strong, that’s how you lose players. Would have rather seen him sent down to the G-League and gain experience actually playing and developing chemistry with Jet.

Return to Orlando Magic