ImageImageImageImage

2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0 

Post#721 » by RookieStar » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 pm

SOUL wrote:Eh, Ringer usually gives a lot of Orlando time on their show. Ceruti, (previously) Kevin Clark.

Most annoying was a Cavs podcast where 2 guys wanted to talk about the game and the third host was like, "Really? This was a scheduled loss, they gave it to them once they realized they were missing threes, we should talk about the 2nd round versus Boston.. or maybe Heat.. and if it's the Heat then we're favored too, we can make the ECF" and the dude did not want to talk about anything at all besides the 2nd round.. was weird.

Ego or pride. Def a locker room material for our guys
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,111

Re: 2024 NBA Playoffs Round 1 Game 3: (4) Cleveland Cavaliers at (5) Orlando Magic - Cavs up 2-0 

Post#722 » by KillMonger » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:35 pm

Residual-Heat wrote:
tooler wrote:Paolo was awesome but he took a ton of jump shots. Those don't always go in, folks.

his short jumpers im fine with. just dont settle for long 2s. I would like to see him take it to the rim more though. Paolo is already strong for his age, but he can still add a lot of muscle. I would like to see him bulk up a bit in the offseason.
As long as the added bulk doesn't affect his mobility.... There are a lot of improvements paolo can make which is scary..... Just working on his legs getting that explosion will improve his game, a lot of those layups by the rim will be dunks once he gets more explosive and lift when he jumps..... He can eventually be a player with no real glaring weaknesses if he puts the work in

Sent from my [Hands] using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#723 » by RookieStar » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 am

NGL though... those middies/fadeaways of Paolo really gives me flashback to prime Tmac here where he carried our bums to the POs.

Any other player taking those shots and you know its a bad shot and miss but when Tmac does it, you expect it to go in.

Same as Paolo...
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,695

Post#724 » by Skybox » Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 am

Advanced stats about midrange shots don't really apply to guys that make them consistently...CP3, Derozan, and KD will midrange their way into the HOF...Paolo is as automatic as anyone with that turnaround jumper...he's so big and he leans back like Dirk, to make it unblockable.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,111

Post#725 » by KillMonger » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:57 am

paolo is going to be great man, i remember watching film on paolo before the draft and in one of them him and his father was getting some work in the gym at like 6am....paolo said he remembered kobe saying he gets up at 4am to work on his game and how he's(paolo) working his way to that standard...he really takes this game seriously and had that mindset in his teens

Return to Orlando Magic