ImageImageImageImage

Let’s talk about the loaded Western Conference

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

three3d
Junior
And1: 72

Let’s talk about the loaded Western Conference 

Post#1 » by three3d » Mon May 13, 2024 2:37 pm

The Western Conference is ridiculous loaded with great teams and young stars/superstars. IMO the San Antonio Spurs just won the draft lottery AGAIN and have instantly become a threat. The 4th and 8th pick give them the ability to cut a deal with the Hawks and get Trae or Murray thus leaving us out of a possible deal. Also I believe San Antonio owns some future pick of Atlanta so a deal between the Spurs and Hawks makes a lot of sense.

If you are a good player to borderline star in the West you have to be looking at this and saying to yourself “ Man I have to get over to the East to have a chance.”. I don’t see the big stars flipping outside PG13, I’m talking about the guys like Anfernee Simons. To be young and good but on a horrible team out West has to be deflating if you actually care about winning SO maybe we start to see some of these players pushing to come to a talented young team with cap space like Orlando. Portland has absolutely no shot of ever making any noise, they like Orlando are 1 of the oldest franchises with original ownership to have never won a championship.

What about using our 18th pick + Jet to get Anfernee Simons from Portland? Trail Blazers would wind up with the 7th, 14th, and 18th pick in the draft giving them ammo to move up in the draft. Also outside Monk who else fits the mold of being a young talented player or scorer needing a fresh start and an open path?
JoshuaPotter
Starter
And1: 711

Re: Let’s talk about the loaded Western Conference 

Post#2 » by JoshuaPotter » Tue May 14, 2024 1:05 pm

The problem is you didn't talk about the loaded western conference. You talked about who might be upset in a loaded western conference.

It's a great conference. In reality the teams and not just the top heavy talent just seem to be built better. Yet, it is not, unilateral.

I digress.

Return to Orlando Magic