ImageImageImageImage

So how young are they?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, SOUL, ChosenSavior

byeganyo
Junior
And1: 133

So how young are they? 

Post#1 » by byeganyo » Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm

This is not a diss topic against some player or a poster, but inspired about the discussion of the future of this team and its players, i decided to make a small research about the supposed top players in the league and how fast they reach that status. So i checked all the players that have made an all nba team in the past 4 seasons (2020,2021,2022,2023) and at what point of their career for a first time they made the all star game/all nba team - and those are the results -

Made the All-star game/All NBA team in his:

1st season – No one (since Blake Griffin)
2nd season – Lebron (AS and All NBA), Kyrie (AS), Embiid (AS and All NBA), Dame (AS and All NBA), Doncic (AS and All NBA), Trae (AS), Ben Simmons (AS), AD (AS)
3rd season – PG13 (AS and All NBA), Chris Paul (AS and All NBA), Tatum (AS and All NBA), Ja Morant (AS and All NBA), Durant (AS and All NBA), KAT (AS and All NBA), Donovan Mitchell (AS), Westbrook (AS and All NBA)
4th season – Butler (AS), Gobert (All NBA), Giannis (AS and All NBA), Jokic (AS and All NBA), Siakam (AS and All NBA), Sabonis (AS)
5th season – Curry (AS and All NBA)*, Kawhi (AS and All NBA)**, Booker (AS), DeRozan (AS), Shai (AS and All NBA), Jaylen Brown (AS)
6th season – Bradley (AS), Randle (AS and ALL NBA), Fox (AS and All NBA)

* 4th full season actually as he missed most of his 3rd season
**by his 3rd season he was NBA finals MVP so stardom arrived earlier for him actually.

So i'll say if by your 4th season you havent established yourself, the chances you become an all nba player are starting to go down with several noticeable exceptions of course. Paolo is on the right track, the others... well they are still young...
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,831

Re: So how young are they? 

Post#2 » by Skybox » Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 am

Did you leave our own Paolo off your All-Star, 2nd season list?

:oops:
byeganyo
Junior
And1: 133

Post#3 » by byeganyo » Tue May 14, 2024 7:19 am

I listed only the players that have made an all nba team in the past 4 seasons, didnt have the patience to go through all all stars:)
but paolo is mentioned in the end.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,068

Post#4 » by p0peye » Tue May 14, 2024 7:24 am

I see where you're going, although the data set is incomplete and message might have inherent transmission errors. Paolo, Franz and Suggs can still reach All-NBA status in my opinion.

Return to Orlando Magic