ImageImageImageImage

OT- Ft Myers

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

Hemingway
Banned User
And1: 3

OT- Ft Myers 

Post#1 » by Hemingway » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:37 pm

Hi, long time Celtics fan here.

So I'm moving to Ft Myers in a week and though I'll always be a Celtics fan first and foremost I think I'll probably end up rooting for the Magic a bit. I was wondering though do Magic games get broadcast as far out as Ft Myers? Also as Ft Myers is kind of half way between Miami and Orlando, is the fan base 50 50 or is there a dividing line?
OrlandoMagic
Lead Assistant
And1: 435

Re: OT- Ft Myers 

Post#2 » by OrlandoMagic » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:40 pm

Hemingway wrote:Hi, long time Celtics fan here.

So I'm moving to Ft Myers in a week and though I'll always be a Celtics fan first and foremost I think I'll probably end up rooting for the Magic a bit. I was wondering though do Magic games get broadcast as far out as Ft Myers? Also as Ft Myers is kind of half way between Miami and Orlando, is the fan base 50 50 or is there a dividing line?

I personally would consider Ft Myers Miami Heat Territory. But there is no limit or boundary as to who you should root for. Id be ahppy if you became a Magic fan, you learn how to hate the refs pretty quickly :wink:
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#3 » by MagicNolesFSU » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:59 pm

yeah i lived in ft myers before moving to FSU and yes they broadcast the damn heat games
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
laVal03
Sixth Man
And1: 6

Post#4 » by laVal03 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:50 am

grew up a celtics fan so ur ok, however please don't root for the heat don't matter how many of their games u get to see

p.s. besides they are on their way down anyway, wade and cook are only bright spots
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Force9024 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:14 am

I lived in Fort Myers before I went overseas to Iraq. Lived there all my life. It's an alright city, not to many real hot spots or hangouts, I guess pending your age, at the time I was not 21. Fort Myers is Miami Heat territory, my suggestion is pick up the league pass, I believe they are having a special on it. OH YEAH and if your not living in Fort Myers but outside in like Cape Coral or something GET DIRECTTV, don't fall into the Comcast trap, they screwed my family over horribly in past years. I moved to Orlando and was the smartest move yet. I love this place.
MagicNolesFSU
Analyst

Post#6 » by MagicNolesFSU » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:57 am

ha i lived in cape coral. went to HS at north fort myers high with Noel devine. He was my homeboy. Ha he sucked at basketball though.
Illuminati wrote:MagicNoles is a g. Don't bring beef and there ain't no beef.
Hemingway
Banned User

Post#7 » by Hemingway » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:19 pm

I'm actually moving to cape coral. I guess its right near ft myers. I've never been there before but 2 friends from college recently moved there and have an extra room.
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#8 » by jayrehme » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:35 pm

ya we only get heat games here, and the only place with league pass is Shoeless Joe's inside the Belltower, so I have to order league pass every year to be able to watch the magic games.
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#9 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:56 pm

theres actually a link that gets you nba lp games online so u can watch both magic games and celtics games:)

someone here might help you find it.
Work Hard

Return to Orlando Magic