ImageImageImageImage

Delonte West

Moderators: ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami

MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Delonte West 

Post#1 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:43 pm

How great would it be to see Jameer and Delonte in the same backcourt again? Might even help improve Nelsons game a little.

Send out J.J Redick for Delonte West!

Then send Brian Cook and a 2nd Rounder to Minny for

Craig Smith and Mark Madsen

Think Sota' would consider it?
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#2 » by MagicMadness » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:02 pm

Craig Smith would be cool, but we're not getting him for Cook and a 2nd rounder - let alone Madsen as well.

West? Meh.
MJallday59
Veteran

Post#3 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:07 pm

Good Point, if we threw in Fran "I hope to play in the states someday" Vasquez in the deal, think that would do it?
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#4 » by Max Power » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:15 pm

Delonte West? Your kidding right? He is not a Magic org type guy....at all.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 250

Post#5 » by Curtis Lemansky » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:52 pm

Just wondering,what's wrong with him?
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
magictreat
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#6 » by magictreat » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:14 pm

Why do people here think, that any team outhere will take our JUNK, and give us good assets in return??? Now look at this list of players, that lately, are been mentioned here, as possible trade baits to bring us talent: JJ Redick, cant break our rotation, Pat Garrity, human victory cigar,
BOGANS a career back up,Jameer with a huge contract for his limited playmaker skills, and huge defensive liabilitiesand to top it all Fran" HOUDINI, SISSY" Vazquez, lol lol.
Some of them with expiring contracts, but they aren't that good guys, we are stuck with this roster, so relax, and lets hope VanGundy will be a miracle worker. :pray:
MJallday59
Veteran

Post#7 » by MJallday59 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:21 pm

magictreat wrote:Why do people here think, that any team outhere will take our JUNK, and give us good assets in return??? Now look at this list of players, that lately, are been mentioned here, as possible trade baits to bring us talent: JJ Redick, cant break our rotation, Pat Garrity, human victory cigar,
BOGANS a career back up,Jameer with a huge contract for his limited playmaker skills, and huge defensive liabilitiesand to top it all Fran" HOUDINI, SISSY" Vazquez, lol lol.
Some of them with expiring contracts, but they aren't that good guys, we are stuck with this roster, so relax, and lets hope VanGundy will be a miracle worker. :pray:

Bad weekend heh?

Moving on,

I thought that Minny would consider this move because of the expirings.

Maybe throw in a first rounder instead and I think they'd consider it. They want to dump madsens contract badly and Craig Smith won't resign with them this summer. They could probably get more in return somewhere else but hey, I thought it'd be worth a shot.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 8,028

Post#8 » by drsd » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:15 pm

West and Nelson would be an undersized, poor defensive, backcourt.
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#9 » by N4U|Redux » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:52 pm

How about we dump Nelson in favor of West?

It's unclear who is the better NBA player. At least West has some size at the 2-guard position unlike Iverson wannabe.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Al n' Perk No Layups!
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Re: Delonte West 

Post#10 » by Al n' Perk No Layups! » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:33 pm

MJallday59 wrote:How great would it be to see Jameer and Delonte in the same backcourt again? Might even help improve Nelsons game a little.

Send out J.J Redick for Delonte West!

Then send Brian Cook and a 2nd Rounder to Minny for

Craig Smith and Mark Madsen

Think Sota' would consider it?

No.

MJallday59 wrote:Good Point, if we threw in Fran "I hope to play in the states someday" Vasquez in the deal, think that would do it?

No.

MJallday59 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bad weekend heh?

Moving on,

I thought that Minny would consider this move because of the expirings.

Maybe throw in a first rounder instead and I think they'd consider it. They want to dump madsens contract badly and Craig Smith won't resign with them this summer. They could probably get more in return somewhere else but hey, I thought it'd be worth a shot.

So, they'd want Cook's contract? At least Madson is a good locker room guy.

Again, no.
MagicFan3
Banned User
And1: 19

Post#11 » by MagicFan3 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:39 pm

Smith would be nice but Cook will not be enough to get him... and Delonte West is not worth trading for anyway.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#12 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:51 pm

When they both played in college St. Joes made it to number 1. They were the most dynamic back-court in college.

While there, Jameer was more the scoring 2 guard and Delonte the do everything ballhandler.

I see Delonte as having better court vision and Jameer the better scorer.

So if you had to choose one as your PG, i'd go Delonte.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
sipe75
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#13 » by sipe75 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:40 am

magictreat wrote:Why do people here think, that any team outhere will take our JUNK, and give us good assets in return??? Now look at this list of players, that lately, are been mentioned here, as possible trade baits to bring us talent: JJ Redick, cant break our rotation, Pat Garrity, human victory cigar,

I completely agree. Except for Garrity being the human victory cigar. What victory?? We haven't won anything to be celebrating!
Nobody wants the garbage people want to offer. Although we could get an overpriced player on a rebuilding team for our expirings. That's about all we can hope for.

Return to Orlando Magic