ImageImageImageImage

A reality check for Magic fans who want to break up the team

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#61 » by BassMaster » Wed May 7, 2008 10:13 pm

eyriq wrote:We need a combo guard to play in the "big" lineup that has Turk at the 1 as well as a big that can both play behind Dwight, a la Foyle, and with Dwight, not Foyle. Battie most likely will give us that starting next year, and Dooling gives us that now. How are JJ Redicks handles? From what I have seen he has good handles, and I think when we go big by having Hedo at the point and Battie at the 4, JJ would fill in at the 2 beautifully, probably better than what Dooling does now. I still hope we don't trade him... Also, since getting Battie back will be so huge next year, maybe at the 22cd spot we go after a guy to fill his shoes in two years, that is if Fran does not come over. Maybe a guy like Robin Lopez, Kosta Koufas, Marrese Speights, Alexis Ajinca, or Jason Thompson, all guys who may fall to us and would be able to play behind and with Dwight.

So no way do we blow this thing up and trade Hedo. Forget balance and go with versatility. The difference between other teams who have tried and failed in this manner, like Golden St., Phoenix, and Toronto, is that we have Dwight, they don't/didn't.

What eyriq said :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,450

Re: A reality check for Magic fans who want to break up the 

Post#62 » by Bensational » Thu May 8, 2008 12:57 am

spinedoc wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Fair enough, it would be nice to see what we could really get for Hedo though. We might be very surprised what would be out there for him. Either way we are in good shape. I'm not too worried about it, and I'm grateful for the season that we've had, I'm just thinking out loud is all. :wink:

haha, doc, you know i'm not one to silence people or thoughts on roster movement.

i'd definitely be interested in seeing what we could get for Hedo, but i'm still of the opinion that Hedo's vastly underrated in the league, and even somewhat by our own fans. i can't possibly see any way we could land the likes of Josh Smith for him.

my initial outrage was at sudden appearance of the Hedo Hatewagon and calls for him to be traded. that's just an ungrateful fan IMO. and i know you're not an ungrateful fan. maybe just a little senile.....

*Maggette AND the #6, what was he thinking??*

:wink:
spinedoc
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Re: A reality check for Magic fans who want to break up the 

Post#63 » by spinedoc » Thu May 8, 2008 1:23 am

Bensational wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

maybe just a little senile.....

*Maggette AND the #6, what was he thinking??*

:wink:

Give an old dude a break will ya? lol, Hey, your the one that says he's underrated. Seriously, thats not the whole trade Ben, but I see your point. There might not be any takers for what I would want for him. Btw, this draft isn't that terrific after Beasley, Rose, and Bayless. Its a crap shoot after that imo. Some with more potential then others, but its just that, potential.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,950

Post#64 » by Last Guardian » Thu May 8, 2008 3:02 pm

flyingvee wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As opposed to a genius like you that still thinks this team is good with this roster? Get it throught your thick heads, the east was atrocious this year. Just on rosters there were at least 8 teams better. Call it injuiries call it bad coaching (NJ for sure). This team is still very flawed.

Get it through our thick heads? Don't be (Please Use More Appropriate Word) as usual. You completely screwed up the prediction. You were so far off it isn't even funny, and you have balls to act like you know it all. You know nothing. Magic won 52 games and are in the second round. And in the first round, I believe it was you who said the Raptors were the last team we wanted to play.

Actually do us real fans all a favor and predict the Magic as the worst team in the league. That way we know we are guaranteed for the NBA finals.

3 different basketball stat simulators had the Magic finishing between 36 wins and 40 wins.

Wow, stat simulators. So that is where you get your genius predictions.

You got Dwight who is the foundation. You have decent SF playing PF and getting paid like he's Kobe. You have another SF who had a career year but is lost in the playoffs. YOu have apoint guard that is up and down, yet he's been solid in the playoffs. And we have two SG's that are just garbage.

And we won 52 games, not 37. And we are in the second round, not in the lottery. I could care less what you think about the roster, the TEAM is good.

To sum up flyingvee:

Predicts Magic to win 37 games (Magic win 52)

Predicts Magic to miss playoffs (Magic are in a second round series)

Predicts the Magic to fall back to .500 after hot start (They don't)

Predicts Magic to lose series to Raptors (Magic win 4-1)

You are so smart, why didn't you just predict the East would be awful and the Magic would benefit from it? Wait a second, I thought the Raptors, Bobcats, Hawks were all supposed to surpass the Magic this season? All these predictions, and you fail.

Return to Orlando Magic