ImageImageImageImage

Magic Trade Thread (Post ALL Trade Ideas Here)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Re: Magic Trade Thread (Post ALL Trade Ideas Here) 

Post#221 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:46 pm

even if Webster can play the 2, it puts us in a very similar situation to where we are now, lots of guys at one position, too many pieces, not enough minutes...and as for Portland taking Hedo, I will say that at this point, they arent looking for Hedo. They seem to be on a consistent trend of bringing in young talent, I dont think they are really interested in veterans, especially those who will be looking for bigger contracts coming up...
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#222 » by TheRevTy » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:59 pm

Interesting. I just figured thy may want a veteran presence, and since SF is the only spot the don't have a lottery pick at, and since neither Bayless or Roy is a true point, a guy like Hedo would be very appealing to them.

On the other hand, who am I kidding? They are already stacked, they don't need more help! Sergio for TPE!
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#223 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:07 pm

just another opinion, but look at their track record over the last 3-4 seasons, dropping the older guys, trading for younger players when possible, having a field day at the draft, moving big contracts left and right...
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#224 » by TheRevTy » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:46 pm

Apparently Memphis and NY have held talks of a Darko for Randolph deal.

Hi there. We'd like to play.

Orlando:
In: David Lee, Javaris Crittenton
Out: Keith Bogans, Brian Cook

NY
In: Darko Milicic, Brian Cook
Out: Zach Randolph, David Lee

Memphis:
In: Zach Randolph, Keith Bogans
Out: Darko Milicic, Javaris Crittenton

As a side note, can the TPE be used in a 3-team deal? As in, can we sub it for Bogans?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#225 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Aug 9, 2008 3:57 pm

If this is true i feel real bad for Memphis fans. Not that Darko has been tearing it up but Randolph is not going to help that young team get better. Too much of a bad influence keep him away from those pups.
aka: prorl
mAgic4Lyfe
Sophomore

Post#226 » by mAgic4Lyfe » Sat Aug 9, 2008 4:10 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Apparently Memphis and NY have held talks of a Darko for Randolph deal.

Orlando:

NY

Memphis:

As a side note, can the TPE be used in a 3-team deal? As in, can we sub it for Bogans?

If this deal is in the works, then I'd be really excited considering we fill in out empty spots with this trade. And we don't loose major players from our core

:pray: lets all hope and pray
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#227 » by trebone » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:38 pm

i would love that deal, is there anyway to get brad miller with a hedo combination of ?
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,180

Post#228 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Aug 9, 2008 6:51 pm

You want to give up Hedo for Brad Miller? Why?
aka: prorl
mAgic4Lyfe
Sophomore

Post#229 » by mAgic4Lyfe » Sat Aug 9, 2008 9:19 pm

I agree with prorl, why would you trade an all-star caliber player for a washed up bigman?
Grady1train
Junior
And1: 2

Post#230 » by Grady1train » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:52 pm

I like that above deal with Memphis and New York for Orlando. That would be great to fill the roster out with a player like Lee who does all those little things and is a pretty tough nosed player who could compliment D12 in the paint. Also, it would bring in a young prospect in J.Critt who we could develop alongside Lee bolstering our backcourt for the future. I thought I heard something earlier in the summer saying that Lee didn't fit in with NY future plans.
Lets go Magic!!!
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#231 » by mhectorgato » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:03 pm

Wouldn't Darko wilt even further under the overbearing media in NYC?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#232 » by BassMaster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:48 pm

TheRevTy wrote:Apparently Memphis and NY have held talks of a Darko for Randolph deal.

Orlando:

NY

Memphis:

You forgot to post your own disclaimer that you posted on the O-Zone. I really think that everyone should see what you posted at the bottom of your post there about this trade

Disclaimer: I have no inside, or even outside, sources. This is purely my own creation.

Now that says a lot more about this trade ideal then anything else posted :lol:
lovehoops01
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#233 » by lovehoops01 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:46 pm

prorl wrote:If this is true i feel real bad for Memphis fans. Not that Darko has been tearing it up but Randolph is not going to help that young team get better. Too much of a bad influence keep him away from those pups.

I always am suspicious of any trade proposals I see about the Knicks. I suspect that the Knicks would like there to be talk of this deal because they would be getting back a smaller contract that would help them cut their payroll and get rid of a guy whose attitude they don't like. So the Knicks clearly could say that they (though not necessarily the Grizzlies) are talking about this deal and the reports wouldn't be incorrect. And since there is so much media in New York, it has been proved over the years that they can get any reports out there that they want about talk involving any possible deal that the Knicks want made. If anyone kept stats on the New York media's reports of what was rumored to be happening, I'd bet they would have a real poor batting average regarding the NBA.

However, I actually do like RevTy's proposal (though I think the Magic end up getting the best end of it and therefore wonder if the other parties would go along).
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#234 » by trebone » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:16 pm

alright would anyone trade hedo for rasheed wallace? i think he would get us to the finals this year for sure
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#235 » by magicfanatic23 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 pm

mhectorgato wrote:Wouldn't Darko wilt even further under the overbearing media in NYC?

Haha I don't think he could fall much farther but you never know. :D
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#236 » by MagicHolland » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:35 pm

magicfan84 wrote:alright would anyone trade hedo for rasheed wallace? i think he would get us to the finals this year for sure

It doesn't work salary wise. Rasheed imo is the kind of player we need, but he's getting up there in age. I like the outside shooting and the great defense he brings. Also a little toughness and emotion would help this team imo.

If possible salary wise I'd consider it but decline in the end as I Rasheed as the better fit, but Hedo the better scorer and long term solution.

I would trade Hedo for a PF that's a bit younger and has the qualities of Rasheed.
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#237 » by MMFla » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:07 pm

I would not mind Wallace but not for Hedo, i believe he is a free agent next year I would not mind signing him to a contract, he is mouthy to the refs which I don't mind but it has been said that he is a nice guy off the court.

They did show that he was helping Dwight before the playoff games on his game I wouldn't think someone would help out an opponent before they face them especially a playoff game. He is the perfect type of 4 to put next to him a good defender and some one who can shoot.

I got my fingers crossed that we go after him next year.

Damon Jones was traded to a heavy point guard Bucks team, he excelled in SVG offense in Miami, If we can't get a younger point I wouldn't mind seeing him if waived or for cheap as a backup or insurance policy. Just throwing that out there.
DMannOC
Senior

Post#238 » by DMannOC » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:41 am

The thought of Damon Jones on the court in a magic uniform next year made me sad. Damon Jones is Chuck v2.0 w/o passing skills and legs
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#239 » by MMFla » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Well if it made you sad then I wont allow it to happen :D .

I just was throwing out another pg name the off season has been slow after the first week of signings unless your a European teams fan.
DMannOC
Senior

Post#240 » by DMannOC » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:34 pm

Thank you, i hate being sad...

Return to Orlando Magic