ImageImageImageImage

Any possibility in changing the season lineup?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Any possibility in changing the season lineup? 

Post#1 » by glennathan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:43 pm

I was thinking about something for a while now. I know for the playoffs we have the best of the East and the best of the West. play in an team tournament. then ultimitely the best of the east plays the best of the west for the title.

Well is there any possiblity the NBA would change the way the shcedule is made like the MLB did for so long. Where AL teams would only play AL teams and NL would only play NL. Then the true best of the divisions would play for the World Series.

Any possibility at all the NBA would change it to the West plays only west teams and east only plays east teams? then the true best of the west plays the true best of the east for the NBA title?

Just something I was ponderng over for a while now. If so how would it benefit us and if not how would it be a downfall?
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
OMPunk
Lead Assistant
And1: 9

Re: Any possibility in changing the season lineup? 

Post#2 » by OMPunk » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:58 pm

Not a chance that ever happens. The NBA will not miss out on match-ups like Lebron v Kobe....Shaq v Kobe (when shaq was in the east)....the upcoming Shaq v Wade....Melo v Lebron and so on. Just too much money to be made from having these games televised and played. Plus East fans want to see West stars and go to games.....Could you imagine there being no Magic v Lakers?

Aside from the money aspect, the NBA schedule is one of the better for major sports. Every team plays each other, it's a good test to determine how good teams are compared to the rest of the league.

Way too many things to list off as to why this is a bad idea. The schedule shouldn't change and probably wont.
Random Laker Fan wrote:Glad to have Dwight on my team but dude is a fraud and a clown at the same time. He's like one of those guys that makes up stories to get a reaction from people who he thinks cares.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Re: Any possibility in changing the season lineup? 

Post#3 » by magicfanatic23 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:47 pm

D12J14 wrote:Not a chance that ever happens. The NBA will not miss out on match-ups like Lebron v Kobe....Shaq v Kobe (when shaq was in the east)....the upcoming Shaq v Wade....Melo v Lebron and so on. Just too much money to be made from having these games televised and played. Plus East fans want to see West stars and go to games.....Could you imagine there being no Magic v Lakers?

Aside from the money aspect, the NBA schedule is one of the better for major sports. Every team plays each other, it's a good test to determine how good teams are compared to the rest of the league.

Way too many things to list off as to why this is a bad idea. The schedule shouldn't change and probably wont.

I agree. The schedule the way it is now is great and I don't think it will ever change. It is always fun to see the teams from the West that you only get to see twice a year and everyone plays everyone. That is the thing I don't like with baseball. I think the schedule is just fine and shouldn't change.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.

Return to Orlando Magic