ImageImageImageImage

J Smoove to Orlando?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Re: J Smoove to Orlando? 

Post#21 » by TNMagicFan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:42 am

glennathan wrote:I would almost say we go all the way with a base core of

Nelson
Pietrus
Hedo
J. Smith
Howard

Then your bench consisting of Johnson, Lee, Gortat, Cook, Bogans, Augustine, Foyle

I traded Lewis, JJ, Rights to Fran and a 1st pick to get Smith.

That doesn't even come close to working because of Smith's BYC status . That's about 14 mil more than Atlanta can take back if Smith signs a deal starting at 10 mil per year .
Bucs80
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Bucs80 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:05 am

Why would they except Rashard Lewis for?

Overpaid like crazy. Nobody would take him except a fool.
litex wrote:I'm pretty sure that, no matter what he does, Lebron will never have "tittles" like Shaquille O'Neal does, or for that matter, Chales Barkley.
Big Aaron
Junior
And1: 0

Post#23 » by Big Aaron » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am

I would actually hump Otis' leg if he pulled off a S&T for J-Smoove.
Liqourish
RealGM
And1: 2,245

Post#24 » by Liqourish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:55 am

UCFJayBird wrote:like others have said it's unlikely. I would imagine that "big dog" to be Detroit. They know they have to start making some moves for the future, as their window has started to close with that current group. Only thing is I don't see them moving Prince, and Smith really needs to start playing SF. He's not a PF (as the Hawks have often played him I believe).

Rumors are Tayshaun/Amir/Picks for Smith/Claxton. Atlanta gets a vet SF with a high bbiq and only 2 years left on his contract, along with a young athletic PF who is only 21 and draft picks for Smith and the ability to move Claxtons contract. Of course, this is all rumors right now, but it's fun to hope. :D
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#25 » by NEM » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:37 pm

smith wants out of atlanta so that means they will not get equal value for him. we wouldnt give up hedo in a trade for him. my guess would be cook, rights to vazquez, battie (6.3 million coming off the books in the summer of 2010), redick, 2 future firsts. i think thats a better offer than what the lakers would offer because i dont think they would throw in the picks, and if they did, their picks are lower than ours, or would be.

pg/nelson
sg/turkoglu
sf/lewis
pf/smith
c/howard

just give us the damn ring lol

but i dont see all of this happening so if it doesnt i hope he goes as far west as possible
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#26 » by theTHIEF » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:44 pm

lol...
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#27 » by j-ragg » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:55 pm

RawLewD12 wrote:smith wants out of atlanta so that means they will not get equal value for him. we wouldnt give up hedo in a trade for him. my guess would be cook, rights to vazquez, battie (6.3 million coming off the books in the summer of 2010), redick, 2 future firsts. i think thats a better offer than what the lakers would offer because i dont think they would throw in the picks, and if they did, their picks are lower than ours, or would be.

pg/nelson
sg/turkoglu
sf/lewis
pf/smith
c/howard

just give us the damn ring lol

but i dont see all of this happening so if it doesnt i hope he goes as far west as possible

:lol:

Go post it on the trade board and see what kind of responses you get. I'm pretty sure any team in the league would put together a better offer than that.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#28 » by magicfanatic23 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:57 pm

This is all just a big dream. If it were to happen I would be jumping up and down. However, it realistically has no chance of happening. If you can get Smith for Hedo considering we don't even know if we can keep him after next season, you HAVE to make that trade. I doubt Atlanta wanting to do it but from our side it sure looks good.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
DMannOC
Senior

Post#29 » by DMannOC » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:07 pm

i dont see why this is so far fetched

Hedo (re-signed 4 years starting at 7 million per year)
Bogans
2 firsts

for

Smith (re-signed at 4 years starting at 9 million per year)

That seems like good value for both teams to me. Marvin Williams just hasnt shown me that he is a starting caliber SF yet and the line-ups for both teams look good i think.

Nelson/Johnson
Peitrus/Lee/Redick
Lewis/Cook
Smith/Battie
Howard/Gortat

Bibby/Claxton
Johnson/Bogans
Hedo/Williams
Horford
Zaza
Rccanes2311
Rookie

Post#30 » by Rccanes2311 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:10 pm

glennathan wrote:I would almost say we go all the way with a base core of

Nelson
Pietrus
Hedo
J. Smith
Howard

Then your bench consisting of Johnson, Lee, Gortat, Cook, Bogans, Augustine, Foyle

I traded Lewis, JJ, Rights to Fran and a 1st pick to get Smith.

If Otis pulled this off we should all buy shirts that say In Otis we Trust and wear them to every game. I'd personally go pay for them and pass them out to people for free.
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#31 » by EasternMagic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:11 pm

its not gonna happen but if it did we would be a power house...easily
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#32 » by MagicHolland » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:09 pm

Forget bout it.. Ain't gonna happen. But please discuss since it''s such a slow offseason..
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 am

I'd give up either Lewis or Turk in a second if it meant getting Josh Smith.

That'd give me an orgasm.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#34 » by drsd » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 am

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:I'd give up either Lewis or Turk in a second if it meant getting Josh Smith.

Lewis is not going to be traded.

To trade for Smith, the Magic would need to couple Turkoglu, Battie, Redick, the right to Vazquez, and draft picks. Yes Smith would be a natural fit to the starting five: which would be Nelson, Pietrus, Lewis, Smith, and Howard. But the team would have basically no forward depth. Any injuries in the next four years would be crippling. That's a tough amble to make. And it would be four years as the Magic would be at the luxury tax level through the lengths of the core-contracts. The Magic rolled these dice before on the Hill/McGrady experiment. And that backfired.

I cannot see the Magic being interested in Smith given the long-term salary effects on payroll.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:07 pm

drsd wrote:Lewis is not going to be traded.

Well, that's besides the point. I was OBVIOUSLY just listing the two guys who would have to be involved in such a trade, and ones that take up the position he would most likely fill in a deal.

And I love Turk as much as anybody, but we should sell while he's this high.
TheMadMagician
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by TheMadMagician » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Being here in the ATL, J Smoove is a great shotblocker and a very underatted passer, in fact, he makes very good decisions on the break. But the problem is he can't shoot, and he shoots to dam much. If he played a Paul Pierce like game of constantly driving, he would get 20 pts per game easy. But if we ttrade him, that leaves Rashard as our only great 3 pt shooter. Plus if we trade hedo, we trade one of the most clutch guys in the NBA and those kind of guys are very hard too find. So all in all, I'd say Hedo would be better for this team if you wanna keep that 3 pt, fastbreaking identity.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#37 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:16 pm

I dont think regional placement has anything to do with the players evaluation...
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#38 » by mhectorgato » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:17 pm

So our PF choices would be between 2 undersized guys? Isn't that what we have now?

I know he's played PF for ATL, but haven't people be saying they want a more typical 4?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#39 » by theTHIEF » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Smith is stuck, he's not a SF and he's not really a PF, he's not really even a tweener...it's just a unique player, playing the position he's been asked...personally, I wouldn't know what to do with him, I wouldn't play him at the 3 unless I had a potent 4/5 combo, I would be leery of keeping him at the 4 because of his size...he just fits in that ATL system...idk
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#40 » by mhectorgato » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:24 pm

theTHIEF wrote:Smith is stuck, he's not a SF and he's not really a PF, he's not really even a tweener...it's just a unique player, playing the position he's been asked...personally, I wouldn't know what to do with him, I wouldn't play him at the 3 unless I had a potent 4/5 combo, I would be leery of keeping him at the 4 because of his size...he just fits in that ATL system...idk

Hypothetically if we could do a straight swap of Hedo for JSmith:

A) Would you do it?

B) If so, would do a line up of:
Jameer
MP
JSmith
$hard
Dwight
If not, how would you use him?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.

Return to Orlando Magic