ImageImageImageImage

JJs Workouts at Duke

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Re: JJs Workouts at Duke 

Post#41 » by mhectorgato » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:56 pm

cougar13 wrote:IMO any player would prefer the NBA over playing in Europe or the Developmental League.

And saying that does not make me any less a Magic fan. And if Redick were to leave the Magic I would still be a Magic fan sorry if that makes some so called fans upset.

You do know what that (IMO) stands for, right?
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#42 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 6, 2008 3:58 pm

cougar13 wrote:
theTHIEF wrote:you didnt state the obvious...you stated an opinion...learn the difference...

FAIL!!!

IMO any player would prefer the NBA over playing in Europe or the Developmental League.

And saying that does not make me any less a Magic fan. And if Redick were to leave the Magic I would still be a Magic fan sorry if that makes some so called fans upset.

exactly...

also, I dont support the JJ fan not Magic fan claim...

at this time at least...
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#43 » by EasternMagic » Wed Aug 6, 2008 4:16 pm

So stating the obvious that someone would prefer playing in the NBA then playing overseas makes a person not a Magic fan wow that's really funny.
There is a place for you it's called the Yahoo forums where you can post to your hearts content and no one will ever notice you there since almost no one posts there. See found the perfect site for you.

lol
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#44 » by MitchellUK » Wed Aug 6, 2008 5:03 pm

cougar13 wrote:
theTHIEF wrote:you didnt state the obvious...you stated an opinion...learn the difference...

FAIL!!!

IMO any player would prefer the NBA over playing in Europe or the Developmental League.

Tell that to Fran Vazquez, if he ever actually sets foot on U.S soil.

The NBA is without a doubt still the biggest stage for basketball for the majority of players and fans. But don't be fooled into thinking that it is the be-all and end-all of basketball.

You would, no doubt, agree that the majority of players get into the game of basketball to play the game? If I were a pro-baller, and was given the choice between sitting at the end of an NBA bench, or playing 20mpg for a team in Italy, Spain, Russia, or Greece (or any other country with a respectable pro league) then you could bet every last dollar of your pay cheque that I would be on a plane out of the U.S, and I am sure that a lot of others would be, also.
noblejedi777
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#45 » by noblejedi777 » Wed Aug 6, 2008 6:01 pm

MitchellUK wrote:
cougar13 wrote:

FAIL!!!

And saying that does not make me any less a Magic fan. And if Reddick were to leave the Magic I would still be a Magic fan sorry if that makes some so called fans upset.

Tell that to Fran Vazquez, if he ever actually sets foot on U.S soil.

The NBA is without a doubt still the biggest stage for basketball for the majority of players and fans. But don't be fooled into thinking that it is the be-all and end-all of basketball.

You would, no doubt, agree that the majority of players get into the game of basketball to play the game? If I were a pro-baller, and was given the choice between sitting at the end of an NBA bench, or playing 20mpg for a team in Italy, Spain, Russia, or Greece (or any other country with a respectable pro league) then you could bet every last dollar of your pay cheque that I would be on a plane out of the U.S, and I am sure that a lot of others would be, also.

Good post. When it comes down to it, a baller just wants to ball, period. Of course any baller's dream would be to play in the NBA. That's a no-brainer, but if you aren't getting any looks here, you gotta do whats best for you and your family. You want to play, you don't want to ride the pine. You also need to make a living, and securing a future in a career to play professionally is a very hard thing to do. I'm sure Thief can attest to that. Good for him that the brother played ball, and that he had a chance to play professionally. He also got to do what I got a chance to do in the military, he got to see the world. He went overseas and played ball in a different country, travel and see countries he may never get to see again in his lifetime. That's cool.

Let me tell you, every kid who has hoops dreams dreams of being a Mike, or Lebron, or a Wade. They dream of making the big shot, or the big play, winning the game at the end. If you have the skills and you can get paid to play a game you love, why knock a guy because he played overseas. At least he got to play. PLAY. JJ isn't even doing that now. It's not a knock, but man, he should be cracking the starting line up, but coach has him on the pine. There has to be a reason for it. I still want to see the kid suit up and stroke his shot here, I want to see him play, but with the acquisitions made recently, I just don't see mgt keeping JJ.

And please don't compare the the leagues over there to the D league here, there's no comparison. Those guys embarrassed us during the games, so the U.S. team better be bringing it or we'll get embarrassed again.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, can't we all just get along?
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#46 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Wed Aug 6, 2008 7:39 pm

Geez... Why does anyone even listen to cougar anymore, it's like it empowers her.

I like JJ, but like the rest think at this point he's not the man he and Cougar thinks he is... IDK maybe we, and 2 NBA coaches are all wrong and if so cool. I'd like to see him shine! No one can argue the stroke he's got... But between his whining and Cougar's constant attacks on anything she PERCIEVES as a sleight against JJ the two of them should team up to do a Massengill comercial or something...

I mean I know it's slow around here, and there doesn't seem to be any news in sight... But attacking a MOD, especially one that is a Magic fan who can, and is willing to answer alot of our questions and willing to share his experiences is just plain douchebaggery IMO... As far as who should go to the Yahoo forums I'm sure everyone here with the exception of 1 maybe 2 people would; if forced to a vote send Cougar to the deserted island (a.k.a. yahoo) before Thief. To coin a phrase... In the words of Richboy, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it".
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by BassMaster » Thu Aug 7, 2008 8:46 am

sChOlaRlY_Magi wrote:Geez... Why does anyone even listen to cougar anymore, it's like it empowers her.

I like JJ, but like the rest think at this point he's not the man he and Cougar thinks he is... IDK maybe we, and 2 NBA coaches are all wrong and if so cool. I'd like to see him shine! No one can argue the stroke he's got... But between his whining and Cougar's constant attacks on anything she PERCIEVES as a sleight against JJ the two of them should team up to do a Massengill comercial or something...

I mean I know it's slow around here, and there doesn't seem to be any news in sight... But attacking a MOD, especially one that is a Magic fan who can, and is willing to answer alot of our questions and willing to share his experiences is just plain douchebaggery IMO... As far as who should go to the Yahoo forums I'm sure everyone here with the exception of 1 maybe 2 people would; if forced to a vote send Cougar to the deserted island (a.k.a. yahoo) before Thief. To coin a phrase... In the words of Richboy, "I could be wrong, but I doubt it".

Didn't attack anyone just stated my opinion, but I guess you and some others feel that is not allowed since it does not agree with your mind set. Get a life, because I am not going to change..
And now that part about Redick whining the only time he asked for a trade was this past season the other remarks that were said to be his turned out to be Brian Schmitz. Once does not count as whining though I could say your many posts about this could be counted as whining.

BTW you sound like you would really like the Magic board at Yahoo it's just up your alley they do love to tell people where to put it. Though right now the O-Zone might be up your alley they haven't posted anything that is close to the truth in a while, perfect place for you to post about this rumor or that and said they are nothing but the truth.
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#48 » by TheRevTy » Thu Aug 7, 2008 12:32 pm

Cougar, an attack constitutes belittling someone in any way. For example, tossing in "Get a life, I'm not going to change" is an attack. Saying "You're just jealous because JJ can play in the NBA and you couldn't" is an attack. Just for what it is worth.

And as a side note, is it really an insult to say "You should go to this other board, LOLZ!!!11!!"?

Man, I need to get away from the internet for a while. This is getting ridiculous.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#49 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 7, 2008 1:22 pm

I thought your post about me was fact, now it's opinion? i'm so confused...
sChOlaRlY_Magi
Sixth Man
And1: 343

Post#50 » by sChOlaRlY_Magi » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:40 pm

Whatever Cougar... Whatever... :roll:
Just keep running your mouth and show how foolish you are with every word. It matters not to me.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by BassMaster » Thu Aug 7, 2008 2:53 pm

theTHIEF wrote:I thought your post about me was fact, now it's opinion? i'm so confused...

WOW it worked now we are on the same level. :party: :rocking: :dontknow: :rockon:

Return to Orlando Magic