ImageImageImageImage

What Point Guards are Left?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Re: What Point Guards are Left? 

Post#21 » by TNMagicFan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:20 am

The Bucks have 4 PG's ,maybe we could swing a deal for Ramon Sessions
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Post#22 » by Kent » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:26 am

What about J-Will? Is he still available?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
TNMagicFan
Head Coach
And1: 243

Post#23 » by TNMagicFan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:59 am

Kent wrote:What about J-Will? Is he still available?

He signed with the Clippers
mAgic4Lyfe
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by mAgic4Lyfe » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:33 pm

Yeah but J-Will was injury prone anyways, we need fresh blood, youth.

So its good we didn't get him.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,150

Post#25 » by Def Swami » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Hoopsworld said Luke Ridnour is on the trading block. He had two good seasons before he got injured.
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#26 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:20 pm

yep...Luke is on there, and he will probably get traded...but it will not be to the Magic...
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#27 » by trebone » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:00 pm

theTHIEF wrote:Livingston turned down a guaranteed min. deal from the Clippers last week, he wants more $, so dont expect him to sign anywhere for the min...

or prob anywhere for that matter what does he expect to get after his history
trebone
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by trebone » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:02 pm

taurean green i would really like
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#29 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:10 pm

I would take Darius Washington over Green, if we're going to go with another small guard (both Green and Washington are smaller than Jameer) of the 2 I believe Wash is the better NBA PG prospect...Popavich liked him, but they weren't able to hold onto him for farming...
trebone
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by trebone » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm

what would washington take the min? Are there any undrafted free agent prospects who have any potential? you would think that a few of those college seniors are still out there with some upside who would love to play or any summerleague guys who were let go etc...
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#31 » by glennathan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:04 pm

I agree with Thief. I think Darius is the better choice only becuase of the video I have seen of him. I have not seen to much of Green that I liked. I am not saying that Green is not good but I think Wasshington is a little better for the system we are running.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#32 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Darius would most certainly take the minimum, it's more than he has made with any team per year in the NBA or Euro league. Washington is a very very sound PG who has strong leadership ability, he's an extremely vocal person on the court which is very rare now a day, especially with many teams running read and react plays trying to adapt. He would be a great addition no doubt, however I guess he has signed with Aris Thessaloniki (Greece).

oh well...

Sarunas Jasikevicius might be worth a look...
mAgic4Lyfe
Sophomore

Post#33 » by mAgic4Lyfe » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Well we need oneand times running out, so the magic should better get signing lmao.
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man

Post#34 » by magicfanatic23 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:07 am

Milwaukee now has a bunch of PGs after their trade yesterday. I could see us going after one of them possibly either Lue or Damon Jones. I am not a fan of Lue at all but that might be a last option. I would be interested in Damon Jones as a clutch shooter who can give us a veteran off the bench. If I remember right his best years were in Miami under Van Gundy. I would be interested in him.

And if you are looking for a younger guy someone said it earlier, I still like Taurean Green. I think any PG who can lead a team to back to back national championships should be able to be a decent PG in the NBA off the bench at least. I think in the right situation he could flourish and I am sure he would love to play in Orlando.

Just a few thoughts.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#35 » by theTHIEF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:01 am

magicfanatic23 wrote:Milwaukee now has a bunch of PGs after their trade yesterday. I could see us going after one of them possibly either Lue or Damon Jones. I am not a fan of Lue at all but that might be a last option. I would be interested in Damon Jones as a clutch shooter who can give us a veteran off the bench. If I remember right his best years were in Miami under Van Gundy. I would be interested in him.

And if you are looking for a younger guy someone said it earlier, I still like Taurean Green. I think any PG who can lead a team to back to back national championships should be able to be a decent PG in the NBA off the bench at least. I think in the right situation he could flourish and I am sure he would love to play in Orlando.

Just a few thoughts.

you'd be surprised...
TheRevTy
Starter

Post#36 » by TheRevTy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:15 am

An "insider" on EB Sports is saying the Magic will bring in Shaun "Worst Injury Highlight Ever" Livingston next month, and if he looks good, he could sign a 1 year deal with the hopes of getting a higher contract next year.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#37 » by theTHIEF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:46 am

pfft, yea right...

idk man, Sam Bowie's injury and Rudy T's are up there in terms of highlight injuries...
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#38 » by Devin 1L » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:39 am

TheRevTy wrote:An "insider" on EB Sports is saying the Magic will bring in Shaun "Worst Injury Highlight Ever" Livingston next month, and if he looks good, he could sign a 1 year deal with the hopes of getting a higher contract next year.

Out of curiosity, I just looked it up. Here is the quote:

...for this slow summer.

1.) Anthony Johnson's contract has an option after the first year which is at his discretion.

2.) The Magic will do their due dilligence and take a look at Shaun Livingston sometime next month. He's looking for a 1 year deal with the knowledge he'll get close to the MLE next year if he's healthy.

3.) The Magic have discussed a possible Redick/Battie/Fran for Collison/2nd DP trade. Presti burned a bridge with Otis by agreeing to a Kurt Thomas trade at the deadline before quickly reneging and dealing with the Spurs. He simply wants to mend the fences.

Off to Europe for 10 days so hold the fort down. Over and out...

I would like us to take a look at Livingston for cheap. If, and a big "if", he comes back relatively healthy, it's a good deal for us to take. As a playmaker, he has it. You know, "it". Obviously though, injury concerns are the big deal, but if he could be had cheap, he's worth a shot.

As for the last point...umm, lol. So, Presti is going to trade us Collison 'cause he feels bad about not trading us Kurt Thomas, and he wants to mend fences with Otis? Right. I'm pretty sure any deal that Presti does, has nothing altruistic about it. With that said, I wouldn't mind Collison.
theTHIEF
RealGM

Post#39 » by theTHIEF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:29 pm

that's the inside info? lol...GM's do have feelings...

Return to Orlando Magic