ImageImageImageImage

Delonte West

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BoricuaBoi
Senior
And1: 13

Re: Delonte West 

Post#21 » by BoricuaBoi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:32 am

theTHIEF wrote:West is a very solid player, he stepped up his PG game pretty big last year and he was fairly effective in the Cavs sets...He's a good defender and he's 6'3 not >6'0...has a smooth stroke and he can block shots fairly proficiently for a PG...what's not to like? would be a blessing to have him as a backup PG on this team...It would be asinine to label West a bad player...

Not saying hes not a decent backup just that Im not a fan of West. Id rather stick with Jameer. PLus I doubt he comes here for a backup roll. If he does whatever, if he doesnt great.
Boston fans have Green asses and Brown noses! Right Stu?
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#22 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:38 am

Jameer is not our backup, he's our starter, period so you dont have to worry about sticking with him, it's already stuck...after Jameer it's Anthony Johnson, one of my favorite vet PG's in the league, however, I would love to have some capable youth as well, West would be excellent, above my expectations as a backup PG...West has played a lot of backup in his 4 NBA seasons, I dont know that it would be too much of a stretch...Would really take the sting out of losing Keyon...
L&H_05
RealGM
And1: 94

Post#23 » by L&H_05 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:26 am

He'll probably sign a QO with the Cavs... Perhaps he's dealt at the deadline, but I think the Cavs would love to hold onto DWest, and will still look to pursue that avenue...

At least that's what Ferry said at his conference call this afternoon after the Mo deal...
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#24 » by theTHIEF » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:04 pm

I would figure that they want him back, they seemed to like him a lot last season, but with the acquisition of Mo, he's obviously less of an importance and it really tightened the screws on Delonte as the market is weak now and he's looking for a fairly big pay day for a player of his caliber...Most teams looking at adding him at this point would have to engage in a S&T deal for the most part. He may now seriously consider that Moscow deal at this point, wasn't it 2 years $10 million? Of course like Howard and I discussed yesterday, he could just take a tender for the year and shoot for UFA next off season...
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#25 » by richboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:13 pm

L&H_05 wrote:He'll probably sign a QO with the Cavs... Perhaps he's dealt at the deadline, but I think the Cavs would love to hold onto DWest, and will still look to pursue that avenue...

At least that's what Ferry said at his conference call this afternoon after the Mo deal...

Well once he takes the QO he can't be traded by the Cavs without Delonte's permission. If he accepts a trade he looses all his bird rights. Which means we would need to use the MLE to sign him next year even if we were the ones that traded for him. Really if you want to trade for him then the time is now.

His agent had said that a few teams would give Delonte the MLE but they all felt that the Cavs would match. Now that MO on the team perhaps a MLE signing would not be matched. I'm just not sure who the team that needs him. I bet Miami would love to sign him but they have already used the MLE. Boston makes a lot of sense for him. He could backup both Rondo and Allen. He could fit in well with the Spurs as well.

If Delonte was on this roster I do think he would take the starting spot from Jameer by mid season. Really I would not be surprised to see Johnson playing a lot in the 4th quarter over Jameer. Johnson can also hit the shot and is a much better defender. This will e an interesting year with regards to Jameer. For the most part he has not been challenged at PG with Carlos Arroyo on the team.
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden

Return to Orlando Magic