ImageImageImageImage

Rumor from OZone

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Cigamodnalro
RealGM
And1: 66

Re: Rumor from OZone 

Post#21 » by Cigamodnalro » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:50 am

Bring on the Tractor, imho
https://twitter.com/cigamodnalro
“A house pulled down is half rebuilt” - Ancient Proverb
"There's beauty in the breakdown" - Frou Frou
"We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees" - Jason Kidd
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by BassMaster » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 am

OrlandoMagic wrote:Seems like everyone is claiming to be an insider and has rumor information... This guy might have posted this just to past time, but it was worth the reading...

A source close to me has told me that the Magic will look no further then their own summer league PG Kevin Kruger to fill the role as emergency PG. He told me that since he is familar with the team and system that he will prove to be a cheap backup with some potential to grow into a no. 2.

Also, the Magic are looking at 3 different PF's to invite to training camp. One of them is supposed to be Elton Brown of the D League, Robert Traylor, and Kevin Pittsnoggle.

My source has also told me that Hedo will not be traded until possibly the deadline in which he says it will be a blockbuster deal or bust. This means guys like Battie, Bogans, JJ, etc may be involved as well for multiple players or a star player and filler.

Will try to find out more from you as he tells me. I know I dropped the ball on the Kemp rumor, but for what it's worth, Otis was seriously considering bringing him in for evaluation.

heartache is the price you pay for being a true fan but come on, enuff is enuff

As noted this is not the first time this same person had "insider info" and as noted this guy was not right. And as I read in the O-Zone this guy hasn't been right yet with any of his insider info.
Must be the dog days of summer that people are taking this guy seriously at all.
MoGrAdY
RealGM
And1: 118

Post#23 » by MoGrAdY » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:24 am

Ive wondered for a couple yrs why no one has gave Elton a shot, he always done great in the D-League Id be interested to see how solid he could be at the big level.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#24 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:28 am

exciting!
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
Versubio
Veteran
And1: 209

Post#25 » by Versubio » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:09 am

cougar13 wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:Seems like everyone is claiming to be an insider and has rumor information... This guy might have posted this just to past time, but it was worth the reading...

A source close to me has told me that the Magic will look no further then their own summer league PG Kevin Kruger to fill the role as emergency PG. He told me that since he is familar with the team and system that he will prove to be a cheap backup with some potential to grow into a no. 2.

Also, the Magic are looking at 3 different PF's to invite to training camp. One of them is supposed to be Elton Brown of the D League, Robert Traylor, and Kevin Pittsnoggle.

My source has also told me that Hedo will not be traded until possibly the deadline in which he says it will be a blockbuster deal or bust. This means guys like Battie, Bogans, JJ, etc may be involved as well for multiple players or a star player and filler.

Will try to find out more from you as he tells me. I know I dropped the ball on the Kemp rumor, but for what it's worth, Otis was seriously considering bringing him in for evaluation.

As noted this is not the first time this same person had "insider info" and as noted this guy was not right. And as I read in the O-Zone this guy hasn't been right yet with any of his insider info.
Must be the dog days of summer that people are taking this guy seriously at all.

It's the offseason, there is a storm out there and nothing to talk about.
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#26 » by Devin 1L » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 am

Dude lost any credibility (not that there was any to begin with) right there.

Otis has stated, in some sense, that he's not bringing in headcases, but he's going to consider bringing in a really old headcase in a case that would pretty much guarantee very little (if any) reward, and debatable, but surely greater than the reward, levels of risk. Right.

By the way, why would we want Pittsnoggle? We've got enough shooting big men, we need a banger, not (and this cracks me up) Brian Cook-lite.
tjm384
Veteran
And1: 36

Post#27 » by tjm384 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 am

If Orlando wants to bring in these nonsense players they mine as well go scout the rucker and the local ymca
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Post#28 » by Kent » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:37 am

Devin 1L wrote:
OrlandoMagic wrote:By the way, why would we want Pittsnoggle? We've got enough shooting big men, we need a banger, not (and this cracks me up) Brian Cook-lite.

I forgot all about ol' Cook-ie. We're gonna kick butt next year. Gimme Kruger and let's get this party started. Is it October yet?
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
magicman123
RealGM
And1: 722

Post#29 » by magicman123 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:10 am

dont know much about kruger, but how come his fg% in college was dreadful, he was a pretty good free throw and 3pt shooter
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#30 » by BassMaster » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:31 pm

same guy posted more "inside information" and you know what I think about it but here it is:

"I'm back with some more info. Apparently, my source got the Robert Traylor info wrong. However, he said Otis will be on the phone with Elton Brown and Kevin Pittsnoggle, along with the agents for Derrick Byars & Josh Duncan sometime either this week or next week. He said Otis is looking to bring in a few undrafted rookie FA's like when he brought Kruger and Martin last year. Byars is a guy Otis likes to fill the end of the bench in case of an emergency. He says he can play 3 positions (PG,SG,and SF) and would like to have a guy like him for depth.

He also said that he doesn't think Bogans will be with this team before the trade deadline. He said he thinks there will be a trade ala the Ariza trade last year where you will see Bogans get less minutes and be gone in a move just like that.

I'll keep trying to see if I could find out some more info for everyone.

To give you guys an idea of how his information has turned out before, he told me that we would be signing either Pietrus or Duhon back in June, and that we would look to be giving Gortat bigger minutes this year which seems like what is going to happen. He also said Foyle would have a %80 chance of coming back to the team.

heartache is the price you pay for being a true fan but come on, enuff is enuff "
trebone
Lead Assistant
And1: 333

Post#31 » by trebone » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:35 pm

bring in pitt he has a decent shot and is big
MMFla
Pro Prospect
And1: 90

Post#32 » by MMFla » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:46 pm

So can I or can I not bring my "You just got Pittsnoggled sign"?

Byars didn't really play that well in our summer league, I thought he would have done better.

You always have to take these insider posts with a grain of salt, Kruger and Brown would be good in my book, I think Brown could surprise a lot of people he could be a nice low risk high reward type of signing.
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#33 » by MagicMadness » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:43 pm

theTHIEF wrote:
also, I really dont know about this information, but i'll take Kruger, he's a bigger Travis Diener with a little stronger passing, not quite the marksman, but still a fine shooter...

Well,

I'm sold.

As for Brown, even though it's "just the NBDL" he's been putting up really great stats - so sure, why not take a chance on him? We need another banger in the middle.
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#34 » by FFBlitzace » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Pittsnoggle is so awesome. He's not an NBA player, but he's still awesome.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#35 » by mhectorgato » Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:58 pm

FFBlitzace wrote:Pittsnoggle is so awesome. He's not an NBA player, but he's still awesome.

Stern may say he has too many tattoos for the image he's trying to portray.

BTW - Is Hannah WV fan?
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#36 » by craig01 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:01 pm

A new Garrity?
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
theTHIEF
RealGM
And1: 214

Post#37 » by theTHIEF » Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:02 pm

MagicMadness wrote:
theTHIEF wrote:
also, I really dont know about this information, but i'll take Kruger, he's a bigger Travis Diener with a little stronger passing, not quite the marksman, but still a fine shooter...

Well,

I'm sold.

As for Brown, even though it's "just the NBDL" he's been putting up really great stats - so sure, why not take a chance on him? We need another banger in the middle.

Brown has also torn it up overseas and won a championship...Brown is a great guy...I would be so happy for him to make it into the league...he has a lot of valuable assets...he needed to be signed two years ago...
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#38 » by FFBlitzace » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:00 am

mhectorgato wrote:
FFBlitzace wrote:Pittsnoggle is so awesome. He's not an NBA player, but he's still awesome.

Stern may say he has too many tattoos for the image he's trying to portray.

BTW - Is Hannah WV fan?

She better be...
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.

Return to Orlando Magic