ImageImageImageImage

San Diego Golf Academy - Orlando

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

dmac812
Senior
And1: 4

San Diego Golf Academy - Orlando 

Post#1 » by dmac812 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:51 am

was wondering if any of you guys have seen the facilities in Altamonte Springs? or know anyone that is or has attended the school? any feedback about the academy would be of great help. I have been highly considering attending the academy for my "grad school" education. Thanks!
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: San Diego Golf Academy - Orlando 

Post#2 » by craig01 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:10 pm

Sorry never heard about it.

There are a bunch a really fine GA's here though.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
magicfanatic23
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#3 » by magicfanatic23 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:09 pm

I've never heard of it either but this is definitely the area you want to live in if you love golf.
Orium wrote:Matt Barnes has fans? I thought it was more along the lines of apathetic acceptance by whatever team he currently plays for.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#4 » by christian72589 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:22 am

I once wanted to go there after HS, I would look into it further if I were you, but I think that it is a place in a circuit city plaza... not any kind of real campus. They offered a free round of golf somewhere, I don't remember, but it was to get a feel for the people and to talk to you about attending. The fact that it isnt like a college campus shouldnt turn you off tho, because I am sure they are a good school. Honestly, I would look into just working for a reputable golf course In Orlando (champion's gate, Lake Nona, Isleworth... etc.) if you can and work your way up. I have a cousin that did this and is doing very well.
JonB11011
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#5 » by JonB11011 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 pm

dude that place is a joke.... as the guy ahead said, look to work your way up a reputable golf club. the kids i know that have gone to the sd golf academy, a.) were ridiculous bad golfers b.) got crappy 2nd or 3rd or even cart attendant jobs around the country. you would learn more by working at a course with a good head pro that can teach you everything you would pay $20,000 to learn at the sdga. it is something like 70% of the kids there cant pass the player ability ability test. i dont know, but from the kids i know, i wouldnt waste my money

Return to Orlando Magic