ImageImageImageImage

Pat Garrity retires; Magic will sign Mike Wilks...

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Pat Garrity retires; Magic will sign Mike Wilks... 

Post#61 » by TheRevTy » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:44 pm

SteveMorrison15 wrote:
TheRevTy wrote:I say we retire 8, 10, 25, and 45.

Who's with me?!?

Can we reserve #34 to be retired when Diener's done?

Uh, Brian Cook may not take too kindly to that...

I say we pick a random number, like... 57, and retire it for some random name, like "Sam Williams". Then tell everyone who asks who it is that they aren't a true fan if they can't remember the great Sam Man.

It'd be better than having the only number retired be for "the fans" :roll:
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,177

Post#62 » by Optimus_Steel » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:05 pm

Diener is gonna get his own hall of fame in a couple of years. They are gonna tear down the Amway arena except for Dieners locker, which will be enclosed in bullet proof glass and adorned with roses. A 100,000 sq foot enviromentaly friendly building will be built around the locker, which will include the actual pathway that Diener took to go from his locker to the court. There will be "Diener Stations" scattered around the pathway, twelve in all, each telling a Diener glory story. There will be a Pat "Air" Garrity wing of the building, were the actual Pat Garrity will be put in display behind a sealed glass vault.
aka: prorl
Force9024
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#63 » by Force9024 » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:02 pm

prorl wrote:Diener is gonna get his own hall of fame in a couple of years. They are gonna tear down the Amway arena except for Dieners locker, which will be enclosed in bullet proof glass and adorned with roses. A 100,000 sq foot enviromentaly friendly building will be built around the locker, which will include the actual pathway that Diener took to go from his locker to the court. There will be "Diener Stations" scattered around the pathway, twelve in all, each telling a Diener glory story. There will be a Pat "Air" Garrity wing of the building, were the actual Pat Garrity will be put in display behind a sealed glass vault.

LMAO, Funny stuff. How long did it take you to think of that? I'd put my tax dollars to such facility.. :lol:
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#64 » by mhectorgato » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:46 am

Thanks Pat for the memories.
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

garrity 

Post#65 » by NEM » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:08 am

pat garrity is the first player to play most of his career with orlando and retire while still with the club. i just realized that and it's actually kind of cool, he had some good seasons here, maybe down the line we can retire number haha (jk of course)
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Re: garrity 

Post#66 » by TheGlyde » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:20 am

RawLewD12 wrote:pat garrity is the first player to play most of his career with orlando and retire while still with the club. i just realized that and it's actually kind of cool, he had some good seasons here, maybe down the line we can retire number haha (jk of course)

How about Jeff Turner
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,917

Re: garrity 

Post#67 » by drsd » Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:30 am

TheGlyde wrote:How about Jeff Turner

Three years with the Nets, and then seven with the Magic would qualify as "most." Furthermore, both Turner and Garrity played similar roles in their multi-year Magical play.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#68 » by Optimus_Steel » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Force9024 wrote:
prorl wrote:Diener is gonna get his own hall of fame in a couple of years. They are gonna tear down the Amway arena except for Dieners locker, which will be enclosed in bullet proof glass and adorned with roses. A 100,000 sq foot enviromentaly friendly building will be built around the locker, which will include the actual pathway that Diener took to go from his locker to the court. There will be "Diener Stations" scattered around the pathway, twelve in all, each telling a Diener glory story. There will be a Pat "Air" Garrity wing of the building, were the actual Pat Garrity will be put in display behind a sealed glass vault.

LMAO, Funny stuff. How long did it take you to think of that? I'd put my tax dollars to such facility.. :lol:

It took me 2 mins, give me 5 mins and you will be blown away with what i can come up with. :D
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#69 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:06 am

Man I can't find this pic of Pat Garrity anywhere. I remember it was vs. Pacers..Garrity was trying to get the ball and he was like in mid-air holding onto the ball. Anybody have that pic?
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#70 » by mhectorgato » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:16 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Man I can't find this pic of Pat Garrity anywhere. I remember it was vs. Pacers..Garrity was trying to get the ball and he was like in mid-air holding onto the ball. Anybody have that pic?

This one?

NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
Optimus_Steel
RealGM

Post#71 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:24 pm

No he is talking about another picture where it clearly shows Air Pat's anti-gravitational qualities.
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#72 » by AdamTheGreek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:52 pm

I can't tell if Air Pat is about to break dance or pull out the round-house kick. :rofl:
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,515

Post#73 » by DiplomaticMagic » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:02 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:Man I can't find this pic of Pat Garrity anywhere. I remember it was vs. Pacers..Garrity was trying to get the ball and he was like in mid-air holding onto the ball. Anybody have that pic?

This one?

Yes that one!! THANKS! :lol: I love this pic.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ
mhectorgato
RealGM

Post#74 » by mhectorgato » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:03 pm

prorl wrote:No he is talking about another picture where it clearly shows Air Pat's anti-gravitational qualities.

:naaa:

Return to Orlando Magic