ImageImageImageImage

USAB Giving Fans Chance To Own Piece Of History

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

mrtcsm
Rookie
And1: 105

USAB Giving Fans Chance To Own Piece Of History 

Post#1 » by mrtcsm » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 pm

I just read the news about the NBA giving the fans a "chance" to own a piece of history and it is ridiculous the way they will be giving us that "CHANCE". Since the jerseys will be auctioned, I really dont see a chance for the average fan to get a real OPPORTUNITY at owning one of these prestigious items. Obviously the fans in the stands who everyday go to watch the NBA players at their home stadium or the ones tuning every night to NBA League Pass to see the games will not be the ones to get these jerseys. Instead the people in the box seats that seldomly follow their teams (since they got corporate tickets) and those with the power of money will be the ones to get the REAL CHANCE at owning these. If the NBA is doing this for the fans they should have made a drawing where each and every fan will have a REAL chance to Own a Piece of History. For example they could offer tickets to the fans for a drawing when they visit the stadium for a game, when they buy certain amount of NBA memorabilia (say $25 or more), order the League Pass or even sending a text message. This way each and everyone of us will feel considered by the NBA. Meanwhile it will be the rich people that finally get these pieces and have them displayed on their game rooms, while we the REAL FANS will be limited to seeing these jerseys when they show them to us in one of those MTV Cribs shows.

Well, at least they gave us a "chance", thank you NBA!!!
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Re: USAB Giving Fans Chance To Own Piece Of History 

Post#2 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:31 am

capitalism ftw.
Work Hard
mrtcsm
Rookie

Post#3 » by mrtcsm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:39 am

CourtsideTV wrote:capitalism ftw.

NAH, there are better way to do this and still get money in return. Also, making something within reach to the average fan and having it for a couple of months advertised during games would be a huge way of marketing team USA. I understand capitalism, and feel good living in a capitalist country, but come on; not everything is money. And you have to give some today to get some tomorrow...
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#4 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:53 am

The Dwight away jersey has one bid at "only" at $500 right now with about 8 minutes left, if anybody on here is interested and has that kind of cash. Also, the white home jersey is available. It's at zero bids, so your bid would be the initial $500. It has about 40 minutes left.

Several of these have zero bids with less than 20 minutes left.

EDIT: n/m, the time they have listed is for 9pm....September 29th.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
mrtcsm
Rookie

Post#5 » by mrtcsm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:01 am

FFBlitzace wrote:The Dwight away jersey has one bid at "only" at $500 right now with about 8 minutes left, if anybody on here is interested and has that kind of cash. Also, the white home jersey is available. It's at zero bids, so your bid would be the initial $500. It has about 40 minutes left.

Several of these have zero bids with less than 20 minutes left.

The auctions will begin at 6:00 p.m. (EDT) on Sept. 15 and end at 9:00 p.m. (EDT) on Sept. 30.

.. u mean 15 days and 20 minutes right??? they will all sell for more than 5k, I guarantee it!!!
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#6 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 am

Yeah, I overlooked the date above the time, my bad.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
yoyo65
Junior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by yoyo65 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:35 am

well hell if someone on the magic board can loan me ten grand i will put in a bid on d12s jersey heck i would even post a pic of it for everyone to see it bet i get no offers
CourtsideTV
RealGM
And1: 349

Post#8 » by CourtsideTV » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:39 am

I really don't see the big deal. yeah its going to be expensive for the regular fans...but so are courtside seats. The way the system is right now is if you have $ or know people, you have a better chance at obtaining something than if you didn't. Same thing with the legal system....or just about anything in the world.

note: In know way, shape, or form do I have big $. I can appreciate people who do have it because they work hard or get really lucky.
Work Hard
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#9 » by Devin 1L » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:44 am

So if I understand correctly, there will only be two for each player correct? One home, and one away?

They played ten games, so it'd suck if someone bought one under the assumption that there would only be one other one available for that player and it turned out that nine of them were floating around.

It seems to imply that there will only be two available per player, but then again, it seems sort of ambiguous.

With that said, surely they wouldn't force the players to give up every jersey from every game. I can imagine that the players and/or their family would like to have stuff like this as well.
mrtcsm
Rookie

Post#10 » by mrtcsm » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:26 am

Devin 1L wrote:So if I understand correctly, there will only be two for each player correct? One home, and one away?

...Two sets of jerseys from the USA Basketball Men’s Senior National Team also will be up for auction. The jerseys are from the team’s games in the USA Basketball International Challenge against Russia on Aug. 3 and Australia on Aug. 5.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#11 » by TheGlyde » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:30 am

Oh damn, there could be some Brad Newley sweat on there... Ima have to make a bid...
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#12 » by Devin 1L » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 am

mrtcsm wrote:
Devin 1L wrote:So if I understand correctly, there will only be two for each player correct? One home, and one away?

...Two sets of jerseys from the USA Basketball Men’s Senior National Team also will be up for auction. The jerseys are from the team’s games in the USA Basketball International Challenge against Russia on Aug. 3 and Australia on Aug. 5.

Ah, missed that.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks.

Return to Orlando Magic