ImageImageImageImage

Magic: Van Gundy sees Redick

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Dome
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Re: Magic: Van Gundy sees Redick 

Post#21 » by Dome » Sat Oct 4, 2008 4:48 pm

JJ definitely looks a lot more toned. Nice to hear he's still trying hard, hopefully he can get a few more minutes this year.
RickB-Orlando
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,336

Re: Magic: Van Gundy sees Redick 

Post#22 » by RickB-Orlando » Sat Oct 4, 2008 5:56 pm

EasternMagic wrote:
cougar13 wrote:
Versubio wrote:If only Otis could sell the idea of Redick's improvement to other GM's, maybe then we could finally trade him! With 4 SG's on the roster, one is gonna have to go. That one, would likely be Redick.

If he has improved as much as SVG is reporting then it makes more sense to trade Bogans since he can play SF as well as SG and that makes more sense in trading him.

ya that doesnt really make sense, cause bogans can back up sf and we have 590 sg's right now. If JJ really did improve this much it would make more sense for otis to let this info out and shop jj. I don't really want him to i wanna keep jj, but you know if the right deal comes around you do what you gotta do, but i don't think any good deal will come around till people see jj actually play in a game

The reason it makes sense is Bogans has shown he will never be better than a journeyman - Redick has the potential to still break out as a legitimate backup and provide significant scoring off the bench. Bogans will never provide that.

As for the SF argument, I think that's a non-starter. You could easily run a rotation with MP taking up some SF minutes, or Cook PF minutes with Lewis swinging to the 3 during those times as well.

There are lots of ways to juggle the playing time, whether we keep Bogans or Redick.

Return to Orlando Magic