ImageImageImageImage

Just bought a T-Mobile G1 phone...Questions

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Re: Just bought a T-Mobile G1 phone...Questions 

Post#21 » by ORL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:56 am

All right, I'll check it out, thanks. Do you know if after update it keeps the current settings I have on WM6?

Also, this is unrelated, but is there any way to make the JogBar system only? The two default Volume Touch Strip options are System and In Call both and In Call only, but no system only...
Driguez
General Manager
And1: 2,027

Post#22 » by Driguez » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 am

You will loose settings and everything. Just doubled checked the JOGGER and its Adjust Volume (in any screen) Adjust Volume in call and windows media, and Scroll which will let u adjust volume only in calls but still use it as JOGGER. Also if you use the crappy AIM (SMS) it comes with, you will loose that too when you upgrade, but its so much worth it, comes with a lot of other things.
Huevos Bancheros
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by ORL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:59 am

I can use the JOGGER and disable volume but use it to scroll when I'm browsing or whatever, but it will still adjust the volume during In Call... That's why I need it System only.
Driguez
General Manager

Post#24 » by Driguez » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:58 pm

ORL wrote:I can use the JOGGER and disable volume but use it to scroll when I'm browsing or whatever, but it will still adjust the volume during In Call... That's why I need it System only.

That's basically Scroll, so yeah you can do system only or scroll and it will let you adjust volume only in call and scroll when you are browsing and what not, that's how i have mine set up.
Huevos Bancheros
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by ORL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:23 pm

That's the thing, I don't want to adjust the volume at all... When I talk, it presses up against my ear and lowers the volume.
Big A All Day
Head Coach
And1: 678

Post#26 » by Big A All Day » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:13 pm

i have a t-mo shadow running 6.1 and ive been using skyfire for about 8months and its good... The andriod os looks good for cerntain people such as myself who will flash roms, proxy hack, ext... For some people ( for instance someone who just downloads all there music from itunes and keeps it moving... ) the OS wont be as appealing cuz they wont utilize it like others.. But i wouldnt mind if u keep me posted on ur thoughts about the G1 cuz im intersted in getting 1..
Driguez
General Manager

Post#27 » by Driguez » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:53 pm

Orl i see, but you can just disable it. Trust me WM6.1 its that much better than WM6, it is worth it, if you dont like it you can always get WM6 from T-Mo and flash it back.

BigA2k8 Android will be crazy, now there's this app called TuneWiki that allows you to listen to any track you would like (online), you can see the lyrics of the song while it plays plus see the youtube vid, its crazy so you dont really need to store any music, other than that you can add up to 16GB micro SD card to the G1, i got a 8GB class 4 for $24, should be enough for a few shows and movies. Plus ALL the GPS based games (liek WifiArmy) and apps (shopsavvy, locale, etc.) According to UPS Im getting it tomorrow and will post my thoughts on it. If you'd like check the site on my sig (click on it) there's a lot of info there.
Huevos Bancheros
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ORL » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Driguez wrote:Orl i see, but you can just disable it. Trust me WM6.1 its that much better than WM6, it is worth it, if you dont like it you can always get WM6 from T-Mo and flash it back.

Maybe it's different with 6.1 (I'll see when I do the upgrade), but if I want to run JOGGR, I can't disable the volume touch strip, have to have it enabled.
Driguez
General Manager

Post#29 » by Driguez » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:44 am

Just a quick update, i got it today and its freaking amazing!!! The phone itself its awesome, love the touch screen, pretty responsive. The market place still on its infancy but there are plenty of apps to get you busy for now, apps are added daily. Anyhow im out, been pretty busy with my new toy. :D
Huevos Bancheros

Return to Orlando Magic