ImageImageImageImage

Yahoo team report: Magic 55 wins and EC Finals

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Forest
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Yahoo team report: Magic 55 wins and EC Finals 

Post#21 » by Forest » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:22 pm

I have no problem with Jameer as our starting point. We have our ups and downs with him during the season. He became very inconsistent after november last year. But nobody can deny his performance in the playoffs. He ranked 4th among point guards in scoring in the postseason and of all the players in the nba, Jameer had the largest point increase in the playoffs, Basically by total points (mcgrady edges him by .1 points) and definitely by percentage. So in other words, Jameer increased his scoring by more than ANY player last postseason. You know how we always here that the postseason is all that matters, which is where most people will define Orlando's succss from now on, well there you go. Seriously this crap about him being a "Back-up" point guard is bogus IMO and secondly you either trade him or you start him because you don't pay a backup point guard 8 million dollars a year.
eyriq
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,260

Post#22 » by eyriq » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Off the top of my head, here is how I'd rank the East pgs;

Billups
Calderon
Arenas
--------------------------
Mo Williams
Nelson
Ford
Harris
Miller
Rondo
--------------------------
MagicMadness
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,332

Post#23 » by MagicMadness » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 pm

Have to disagree.....

I like Nelson, but over Devin Harris? No.

Unless Jameer's playoff performance against the Raps carries over to this season, I'd have him underneath Ford, Harris, Miller, and Rondo.....

He's a good PG and I have faith in him, but all the players you mentioned are better, IMO - of course, by better I mean through the end of last season.

Return to Orlando Magic