ImageImageImageImage

Courtney Lee Victim of Burglary...(and assorted tidbits)

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Courtney Lee Victim of Burglary...(and assorted tidbits) 

Post#1 » by Rick Rolled » Sun Nov 9, 2008 4:19 am

Lee, the 22nd pick of the NBA Draft in June, came home to find computers, television sets, I-pods, jewelry and two X-box video game players stolen from his residence. Lee and his brother, Anthony, also had several items of clothes taken in the robbery.

``It was bad, but I’m kind of happy it happened before I got a (NBA) check because I really haven’t even bought much of anything yet,’’ Lee said before the Magic’s game Saturday against the Washington Wizards.

Magic franchise center Dwight Howard, Lee’s mentor much of his time in Orlando, allowed the rookie shooting guard to live with him for a few days while Orange County Sheriffs investigated the crime. A flashy, Gucci watch that was a present from Howard upon Lee’s arrival in Orlando was also stolen.

Completely lame.....

Hopefully they catch the wankers....but who knows.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=PluckForum&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aadc4d919-840d-4bdc-bac8-3e3151995cf0Forum%3a65053859-5e1d-48de-b78b-b1c1db289989Discussion%3aa4d642ed-1376-4b03-b3b2-899f3564938d&plckCategoryCurrentPage=0
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Re: Courtney Lee Victim of Burglary...(and assorted tidbits) 

Post#2 » by TheRevTy » Sun Nov 9, 2008 4:43 am

No wonder he calls it "Hotel Howard"!

You'll be in room 403 tonight, sir. Dial 0 if you need anything and we will send it right up. Thank you, have a good night.

Cool to see Dwight mentoring Lee. I've noticed Lil Country sits right between Stan and Dwight on the bench. Pretty telling of his ambition (if I was a rookie, I'd want to be at the end of the bench with Foyle so we could crack jokes all night and not get caught. This is why I'm not in the NBA, among other obvious reasons.)
TheRevTy
Starter
And1: 0

Post#3 » by TheRevTy » Sun Nov 9, 2008 5:39 am

Whoa whoa whoa! Assorted tidbits?! What about this Nugget of Truth?

Magic reserve center Marcin Gortat won a bet with Pietrus following Friday’s practice by converting a dunk from the free throw line. The 6-foot-11 Gortat ran the length of the court and took off from just inside the free throw line. When the play was disputed, Gortat did it again _ this time taking off inches behind the free throw stripe and still converting the dunk.

I wonder if Dwight can do that.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,597

Post#4 » by SOUL » Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:06 am

that sucks, courtney is a cool dude ... doesnt deserve that
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#5 » by TheGlyde » Sun Nov 9, 2008 7:22 am

Gortat has mad hops... he is the dunk contest king

Hilarious of course :lol: but apparently he went back and had another attempt and completed that dunk.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube
AdamTheGreek
RealGM
And1: 2,115

Post#6 » by AdamTheGreek » Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:01 am

I guess no one told Pietrus that Arroyo made the same challenge to Gortat last year and and the Warlock came out with extra green. :rofl: Easy money.

As for Lee, he should feel glad he wasn't in the house during the burglary.
Twitter: @PapageorgiouMBO
Penny & Pops Podcast (Orlando Magic): https://soundcloud.com/137665379
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#7 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:57 am

AdamTheGreek wrote:As for Lee, he should feel glad he wasn't in the house during the burglary.

Why? Must burglars aren't in the mood for a confrontation and is why they sneak in during times they probably won't be noticed. Otherwise, they'd go rob a bank.

I've prevented my place from being burglarized simply by being home. It was late as hell (like now) I noticed the door being messed with in an obvious attempt to be broken into. I peed myself a little and then I let out a loud manly grunt and I saw them haul ass away through my window.

...about 30 minutes later my car was broken into. Oh well...
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 956

Post#8 » by Devin 1L » Sun Nov 9, 2008 9:05 am

N4U|Redux wrote:
AdamTheGreek wrote:As for Lee, he should feel glad he wasn't in the house during the burglary.

Why? Must burglars aren't in the mood for a confrontation and is why they sneak in during times they probably won't be noticed. Otherwise, they'd go rob a bank.

I've prevented my place from being burglarized simply by being home. It was late as hell (like now) I noticed the door being messed with in an obvious attempt to be broken into. I peed myself a little and then I let out a loud manly grunt and I saw them haul ass away through my window.

Yer soo kewl!!!11
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,178

Post#9 » by Optimus_Steel » Sun Nov 9, 2008 12:47 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:

Thats what happens at USF. :D
aka: prorl
jonskilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 85

Post#10 » by jonskilly » Sun Nov 9, 2008 3:20 pm

N4U|Redux wrote:

Sean Taylor?
Shaheen
Suspended

Rick Rolled
General Manager
And1: 3,705

Post#11 » by Rick Rolled » Sun Nov 9, 2008 3:44 pm

jonskilly wrote:
Sean Taylor?

That's the first thing that came to my mind as well.
3Pac wrote:sorry for bad english am from pennsylvania
N4U|Redux
RealGM
And1: 14

Post#12 » by N4U|Redux » Sun Nov 9, 2008 8:25 pm

jonskilly wrote:Sean Taylor?

Touche.
"If I help get South Florida into the tournament, then 20 years from now when South Florida is ranked No. 1 in the country, people will look at the history and say, 'Dominique Jones started that program.'"
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,175

Post#13 » by Kent » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:36 am

N4U|Redux wrote:

Cowards...
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27

Return to Orlando Magic