ImageImageImageImage

OT: Nathan Jawai may never play in NBA

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

OT: Nathan Jawai may never play in NBA 

Post#1 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm

Nathan has an enlarged heart and may never play in the NBA. Why on earth did the Raptors draft this guy with this kind of problem, I ask this because Arthur who didn't have any medical problems almost didn't get drafted because of false medical reports.
You really have to wonder what kind of medical problems that other teams are not reporting when a player doesn't play.

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... _jeopardy/

Raptors rookie Nathan Jawai reportedly has an enlarged heart that could jeopardize his NBA career.
Dwightmare
Sixth Man
And1: 24

Re: OT: Nathan Jawai may never play in NBA 

Post#2 » by Dwightmare » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:07 pm

JJ may never play in the NBA....... :o

jk cougar.
BassMaster
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#3 » by BassMaster » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:37 pm

dwightmeer wrote:JJ may never play in the NBA....... :o

jk cougar.

So do you think it is funny what is happening to the Raptors rookie just asking since you made a joke about this topic. You know it really is not something to laugh about. Here is a player that may have all his dreams dashed.
This is what DraftExpress said about Nathan which makes me wonder if he has had this problem all along and never had a problem it is rather weird considering everything I have heard about an enlarged heart.

Nathan Jawai led the Cairn Taipans to consecutive victories in the Australian NBL League, putting up some impressive numbers. Against the Townsville Crocodiles, he had 21 points, 13 rebounds and 3 assists, and then 20 points, 11 rebounds and 2 assists against the Wollongong Hawks. Jawai ranks 17th in scoring (17.7), 3rd in rebounds (9.6), 9th in blocked shots (1.0) and 5th in field goal (57.5%). His team hosts a one and done elimination playoff game against the New Zealand Breakers tomorrow that could end up being his last performance in the NBL (update: Jawai's team lost, he had just 4 points and 3 rebounds on 2/9 shooting in 31 minutes). His new agency, Entersport, recently sent us a 10-minute highlight reel they created of Jawai’s best moves this past season.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Nathan-Jawai-1404/
EasternMagic
RealGM
And1: 1,154

Post#4 » by EasternMagic » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm

dwightmeer wrote:JJ may never play in the NBA....... :o

jk cougar.

LOL!!!! I was actually loling when I read this good one
MitchellUK
RealGM
And1: 2,882

Post#5 » by MitchellUK » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:00 am

Nathan Jawai's enlarged heart has better size and power to play the NBA 2-guard than Redick.

Sorry, too easy :)
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#6 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 am

There's really no such thing as a 2nd round bust IMO. Obviously you'd like to get somebody good, but the chances are slim.

They liked him, so they got him. Alright, well, he's got a heart problem that may cut his career short. But they're not gonna lose sleep at night over a failed 2nd round pick if it does turn out that his career is over.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
TheGlyde
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 559

Post#7 » by TheGlyde » Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:31 am

On the topic, from what I've read here in oz the reports of his career being over may be exaggerated, though its still quite sad news to hear, not just as an Aussie fan, but Jawai's cousin is an Aussie Track and Field athlete I have known for years... My last competition abroad we flew back into Cairns the day of the draft and he was very excited to learn Jawai had been drafted.
Orlando Magic Historian

Magic Player History on Instagram

Also on Twitter & Youtube

Return to Orlando Magic