ImageImageImageImage

How many of you want Starbury on this team

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Re: How many of you want Starbury on this team 

Post#21 » by craig01 » Mon Dec 1, 2008 9:53 pm

NOT ME.
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
SpaceCoastGator
Junior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by SpaceCoastGator » Tue Dec 2, 2008 12:09 am

No...a thousand times no!
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,179

Post#23 » by Optimus_Steel » Tue Dec 2, 2008 12:11 am

Absolutely not. The guy is not a team player.
aka: prorl
DontPushMe
Bench Warmer
And1: 21

Post#24 » by DontPushMe » Tue Dec 2, 2008 12:28 am

Id love to have him here if he would be willing to be a 6th man. We need scoring off our bench, and we need a backup PG. I honestly cant think of a better fit.

Just as long as hes on a 1 year deal so if he acts up we can waive him.
You know the boy posts on realgm. The boy definitly posts on realgm.
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#25 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Tue Dec 2, 2008 7:41 am

if he was to come here for the mininum and with his skillset, i would at least consider it, and come off the bench, his attitude is horrible, but his swagger would be nice to add to this team....
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
G-Heel
Head Coach
And1: 365

Post#26 » by G-Heel » Tue Dec 2, 2008 1:24 pm

No, he'll probably hurt more than help.
Fire Otis!
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#27 » by glennathan » Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:00 pm

DontPushMe wrote:Id love to have him here if he would be willing to be a 6th man. We need scoring off our bench, and we need a backup PG. I honestly cant think of a better fit.

I agree that if we get him on a 1 year deal then absolutely bring him in. If he starts to show an attitude or disrespect SVG and the other players then out he goes. No questions asked. It is a low-risk high-reward situation. Best scenario he understands his role as 3rd PG and plays when given the minutes. Worst case scenario he disrespects people and then gets waived. It is better then burning out AJ and Jameer before playoff time. Just too bad Mike Wilks got hurt, we would not be having this discussion if so.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
mhectorgato
RealGM
And1: 574

Post#28 » by mhectorgato » Tue Dec 2, 2008 3:47 pm

glennathan wrote:
DontPushMe wrote:Id love to have him here if he would be willing to be a 6th man. We need scoring off our bench, and we need a backup PG. I honestly cant think of a better fit.

I agree that if we get him on a 1 year deal then absolutely bring him in. If he starts to show an attitude or disrespect SVG and the other players then out he goes. No questions asked. It is a low-risk high-reward situation. Best scenario he understands his role as 3rd PG and plays when given the minutes. Worst case scenario he disrespects people and then gets waived. It is better then burning out AJ and Jameer before playoff time. Just too bad Mike Wilks got hurt, we would not be having this discussion if so.

I would think we'd eventually use them in this order: Jameer then Marbs then AJ. This would be after he's absorbed the offense.

I'm sure if we say to him, you're our 3rd stringer, he'd say: "there are other teams that would use me as there 2nd, so why would I go there to be a 3rd".
NEM wrote: However, I'm a fan of my team winning so, keep the winning coming. All the "tank" fans can take their crap to another board. We are here to win.
glennathan
Lead Assistant
And1: 147

Post#29 » by glennathan » Tue Dec 2, 2008 5:41 pm

mhectorgato wrote:
glennathan wrote:

I would think we'd eventually use them in this order: Jameer then Marbs then AJ. This would be after he's absorbed the offense.

I'm sure if we say to him, you're our 3rd stringer, he'd say: "there are other teams that would use me as there 2nd, so why would I go there to be a 3rd".

Good Point. If he plays 2nd PG or 3rd PG its fine by me just so long as he understands he will not be starting.
Reporter - How do you feel about your first triple double?

Bo Outlaw - What is that some kind of cheeseburger?
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#30 » by Nemesis21 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:12 am

PASS, a million times

Return to Orlando Magic